New Iceland store opening in 2010

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by Crispy Cod Star rating in Fuengirola. 28 posts Send private message

Crispy Cod´s avatar

I do not know if this has been discussed before but  today when i was driving along the N340 i noticed new advertising boards announcing a new Iceland store opening in Puerto Banus. It did not say when in 2010 though,so could be end of year. must be good news for those of you that live down that end.

A lot of the items they sell now are actually cheaper than Morrisons in Gib. When Iceland first opened they were working on about 1.60 to the pound when it was actually about 1.25. Now though they are working on 1.25 to the pound so not a great difference between Iceland here and the ones back in England.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2010 4:03 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Well they've obviousy been ignoring my begging emails asking them to open a store in the Peniscola/Benicarlo/Vinaros area then!

Poppyseed

Like 0      
16 Feb 2010 4:47 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

We have Iceland in San Javier, Murcia BUT the prices are high. Yes you can get most things but we really only use it for our 11 year old who misses some of the food back home. Otherwise we would not use it. We have a great Mercadona, an Aldi and a Lidl and they are popular.

Daveil

Like 0      
16 Feb 2010 5:12 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

When we got out I have to say a lot of things are cheaper in the Iceland store compared to a Spanish supermarket. I think the prices in the Spanish supermarkets are too high for many things, OK not beer, wine and spirits. Only my humble opinion and we only go for short breaks. Kevin

Like 0      
16 Feb 2010 7:02 PM by Crispy Cod Star rating in Fuengirola. 28 posts Send private message

Crispy Cod´s avatar

We only use it for things we miss from home also. Its easy to get carried away in there,you decide to go in for one thing and come out with a basketful. I too shop at Lidl and Aldi for fruit and veg and Mercadonna for fresh meat and seafood. I also like to buy fresh bread daily,but also buy the English sliced bread from iceland (Jacksons) not as good as a Warbourtons Toastie but the next best thing.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2010 9:30 PM by samcampbell Star rating in Costa Del Sol. 136 posts Send private message

samcampbell´s avatar

Hi Crispy Cod

Iceland is due to open in Puerto Banus July - August which will probably mean Jan 2011...

Sam

Sam Campbell Business 1st...

mail: info@business1st.es

www.business1st.es

Like 0      
17 Feb 2010 7:05 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

I wish "our" Iceland store in San Javier sold Jackson´s bread. They have Robert´s, I think. Do not like it at all. Bears no resemblance! I have to drive to Los Alcazares to get my Jackson´s bread. I guess it´s  small price to pay?

Other than that, I am pleased with the prices. Proper streaky and back bacon, Richmond pork sausages, Lovely pork pies (now and again, of course) and delicious, yellow, smoked haddock, great with a poached yolk of egg on top, to name just a few English type products.

Yes, I go in for a couple of things and come out with a lot more. Love it, love it.

Of course, it´s Eroski, Mercadona or Consum for seafood, etc. The gambas crudo are wonderful, as are the fruit and vegetables.

What a fantastic choice we have here in beautiful España!!

I often say to my wife, "we must never become blàse about where we live, always remember how lucky we are."

pilgrim

Like 0      
29 Jan 2011 4:56 PM by jojo Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Dear All,

Thought I would let you know that Iceland is opening in Puerto Banus due February 16th.

Its opening in the Vasari Resort next to Thai Gallery, not next to Wasabi where thought originally.  By Thai Gallery is good as theres lots of parking. 

Hours Monday to Saturday 9 to 8pm.

Hope this solves all the mystery.

Regards

Jojo 

Nueva Andalucia Life

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Any items bringing over - 1 posts
SECURITY SIGNS - 1 posts
Colds and Stuff? - 3 posts
Paying off my spanish mortgage - 2 posts
Karl Mullins - 2 posts
Wanted: 1.5m+ Satellite dish. - 0 posts
any help appreciated- cuevas del almanzora/villaricofiestas/bars/eating out - 1 posts
Bast place to live in Spain - 10 posts
Duty of Officers - 3 posts
Which is the best way? - 2 posts
Definition of Community Costs - 7 posts
CHAIN SAW FOR SALE NEW HALF PRICE - 0 posts
House embargo - 13 posts
Honest opinion please - 11 posts
Call to stop "Brutal" donkey tradition - 1 posts
property management company wanted near murcia region - 8 posts
fees for selling property - 30 posts
Handing keys back to bank - 8 posts
Driving to Costa Del Sol - 10 posts
Spanish weather at Valentines's Day.... - 2 posts
household items for sale - 13 posts
Caretaker - an Angel from Heaven....... - 0 posts
Electric company contact details - 6 posts
Scotsman gives a tip to removal company - 0 posts
Which code do I use, Justin & HOW? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x