Colds and Stuff?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by justcolour Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Maybe a silly question, but, do children suffer from as many colds and stuff as we do here in the UK?... what are your thoughts or if you live in Spain with a young family... what are you finding?... no colds anymore?

Like 0      
16 Feb 2010 11:14 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

My kids appear to have an excellent immune system and rarely pick up colds.

However, it's a very different case with me.  I tend to pick up every cold going.  I had a terrible one last week which lasted a few days.  I managed to spread it around too to some of my friends!

I think the weather at the moment just hasn't helped.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 Feb 2010 2:20 PM by mandy36 Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 8 posts Send private message

I agree !!  Myself and my children are very rarely ill since we have been living in Spain.  Even my youngest daughters Asthma has dramatically improved, however, a couple of weeks ago, we went for a four day visit back to the UK.  On the day we were returning home my daughter started with a cough, cold, sore throat etc.  She has been ill since we have been back and has now missed nearly two weeks of school because of this.  Luckily, my older daughter is well and has been able to go to school.  I now have the sore throat, cough, cold etc and both of us just cant seem to shift it, i guess its due to this cold damp weather we are experiencing at the mo.  Cant wait for the sun to start shining again !!

So, the reason I am writing this, to get back ontrack with the original question, is that I really believe that the kids health has been far better here than in the UK.  My aunty and uncle live close by in Torrevieja and they are always singing the praises of living in this area as she suffers from rheumatism and is always saying how much better she has felt since living here.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2010 4:30 PM by justcolour Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thanks Guys and Gals for the valuable information... I will study hard and work out the best place for us... and renting to start me thinks!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Paying off my spanish mortgage - 2 posts
Karl Mullins - 2 posts
Wanted: 1.5m+ Satellite dish. - 0 posts
any help appreciated- cuevas del almanzora/villaricofiestas/bars/eating out - 1 posts
Bast place to live in Spain - 10 posts
Duty of Officers - 3 posts
Which is the best way? - 2 posts
Definition of Community Costs - 7 posts
CHAIN SAW FOR SALE NEW HALF PRICE - 0 posts
House embargo - 13 posts
Honest opinion please - 11 posts
Call to stop "Brutal" donkey tradition - 1 posts
property management company wanted near murcia region - 8 posts
fees for selling property - 30 posts
Handing keys back to bank - 8 posts
Driving to Costa Del Sol - 10 posts
Spanish weather at Valentines's Day.... - 2 posts
household items for sale - 13 posts
Caretaker - an Angel from Heaven....... - 0 posts
Electric company contact details - 6 posts
Scotsman gives a tip to removal company - 0 posts
Which code do I use, Justin & HOW? - 4 posts
Looking for an apartment to rent - 6 posts
Andalucia to UK - 0 posts
Stelios and O'Leary...At each others throats...Again... - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x