HELP - what do I need to be prepaired?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by FHS Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

Hi

Please can any lawyer answer this for me and  many others like me in my situation.

My first hearning in the court for a litigation lawsuit for the return of deposit of E58,000 is due in May-2010. The property was completed nearly 12 months late in October-2009 by which time my circimstances had become unsuitable to complete. I am told LOFO has been obtained on the property.

My lawyers in Spain have told me I have a good case but then they dont know what the judge may decide or could even go with the developer and I could still loose, even though I did not break the contract, the builder did. I am also told that in that case it would be up to the builder to settle either 50-50 or he could sue me force to complete.

The developer could sue me in UK and force me to sell my property or the judge in Spain order my assets could be sold - how can all this happen? How can I protect my self agaist this happening even though the contract was breached by builder and not me. Please please can some kind lawyer answer this for me and tell me what can happen in the case where the Spanish judge could favour Spanish devloper and rule in his favour. I am told that the devloper is pleading "force majure".

I am so worried that I am depressed and have been an anti-depressants and am seeing psycholgist to help me realise that I have not committed a crime or even stolen this money and it is not my fault.

Please please what can I do or should be doing to wake up from this nightmare? I made a terrible mistake of accepting a free flight to Spain from the esate agent who conned & trapped me into buying and selling just before completion, which they knew was not going to happened.

I loved Spain but this horrible nightmare is making me bitter and an angry person. I had great admiration for Spain and the Spanish people because I related to them from my Arab-Muslim(Moorish) roots, and I dont want to become so that I never have anything to do with Spain.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2010 10:27 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Sorry to hear about your situation.  Send a private message to Maria de Castro (click here) and ask her to read your post.  Maybe she can advise you.

Best of luck.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
15 Feb 2010 7:06 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9404 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

FHS: I have just answered your private message

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

White goods wanted MM02 - 0 posts
Looking for a beautiful holiday apartment in Marbella area? - 0 posts
mobile phones - 4 posts
Nursing and care staff wanted – Costa del Sol - 2 posts
Selling email addresses? - 1 posts
Animal Cruelty - 1 posts
Replacement Repsol Gas Bottles for Calpe area - 3 posts
art in spain? - 0 posts
Bichon Frise breeder - 0 posts
Deposit for a private purchase? who holds it - 6 posts
So I have bought my Euro Millions ticket for this friday..... - 4 posts
La Linea? the good the bad and the Ugly? Wots it really like - 7 posts
Hacienda Riquelme - Full Furnishing Required - 0 posts
Any tips/recommendations for travelling on train from Barcelona to Alicante - 3 posts
Free English Premier League football on Spanish TV - 4 posts
Hi I'm Maureen - Bought apartment in Torrievieja - 5 posts
Dacion el pago - handing back the keys - 8 posts
Hi there...I´m new here :-) - 5 posts
Speeding Fine - Please help - 3 posts
Switching your keyboard from English to Spanish - 9 posts
Car Hire, Malaga Airport. - 13 posts
Hertz Car Hire - 6 posts
Great Builder found in Benalmadena !! - 6 posts
ALMERIA AIRPORT - 9 posts
Time For Money To Be Released By Courts - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x