Okay, so what's the best way to ask for Beer???

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Feb 2010 8:17 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I'm sorry Roberto, what was the code for the ñ again?? 

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 10:19 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Justin

Like TP1 I have been chuckling away all day at the siesta show video, cant believe I didn't see it first time round, I know times are tough but maybe you could do one monthly?.

I take it that you didn't get on with golf

Steve

Like 0      
11 Feb 2010 7:15 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar

Hi Roberto,

I agree with you about Cruzcampo, and would like to add SKOL, Amstel and Heineken to the list of gnats excreta.

If you get a chance try Estrella de Galicia - on a par with Mahou 5 estrellas.

Tapas in Granada - I challenge you to spend an evening in Granada, drink 8 cañas (only about 1.6 litres - less than 3 pints) whilst eating all that is given you, and then be able to eat a meal afterwards.  We aren't talking about a few peanuts here.  All freshly cooked produce.  AND good FREE portions.  You'll love the nightlife in the Arab quarter as well.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2010 7:28 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Don't move the goal posts, Max - you said 4 or 5 glasses in your first post, now it's 8! And anyway, 8 cañas these days would floor me, and any tapas I consumed during the process would likely end up decorating the walls!!! But yes, an evening in cultured Granada surely beats the heck out of a night of coastal karaoke & curry?!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 Feb 2010 8:30 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar

Roberto

I was just SEEING 8 glasses - there were 4 really!

Re: Granada, I hate cities, but if I HAD to choose one to live in, it would be Granada. 

Need your longjohns in the winter though!

Like 0      
14 Feb 2010 8:16 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Alt + 0241

ñññññññ

Brilliant, thanks Roberto.

Kel

Like 0      
14 Feb 2010 10:17 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

For some beer and free tapas, I'll tell you how to do this: áéíóú !!!!

Quiz: where should the accent be in Benalmadena? (don't know why, but it always bugs me to hear foreigners pronouncing it wrong - I also hate hearing people say Fun Gorilla!)

Mark Twain

Like 0      
14 Feb 2010 10:24 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

The accent should be over the second 'a' - Benalmadena!!  But I don't know how to do it on my keyboard!!  And alt+0241 doesn't work on mine either!!  But I'm still using an english/arabic keyboard on the mac, so might be a bit different!!

So where's the free beer and tapas!!???  Or is that for you??

Like 0      
14 Feb 2010 10:33 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

"à" I can do that, but can't get the acute accent over the 'a'!!  I can see I'm going to be up all night checking all the key configurations for my keyboard!!!

Like 0      
14 Feb 2010 10:43 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Yes! Benalmádena. Now, please, everyone learn to say it as it's written, with the accent in the right place. Not Benalmadeena, or Benalma-diner (even worse)!

Have you tried "Alt Gr" plus the vowel? Or "Alt+164" for Ñ?  Probably different on Mac. Try Google.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
14 Feb 2010 11:06 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

No good!  I don't have Gr on my keyboard!  I'm just going to have to change the keyboard to spanish (which I can apparently do!) and trawl through all the keys to see what they come up with!  I'm determined to be able to type in Spanish - especially when it's to do with ordering a beer!!!

Although I'm not sure when I'll have to write "I'll have a beer please"!!!  But I'd still like to know!!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 14/02/2010.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2010 11:21 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

OK, just for you - try holding down the "option" key and "E" together, release them, then type a vowel. Hold down the "option" key and "N", releaqse them and type n. I thin kthe "option" key may be the "Alt" key.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
14 Feb 2010 11:30 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Roberto, eres una estrella!!  I couldn't think of anything that actually came up with any accents that would work!!

Did as you suggested - the 'option' key is, as  you say, the 'alt' key!

That's fantastic - many thanks!  It will also help if my son wants to type his spanish homework on my computer instead of his - but will also try out the keyboard actions on his pc and can tell him what to do!

Muchas Gracias!!

Like 0      
14 Feb 2010 11:36 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

De nada. ¡El mio es una caña!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
14 Feb 2010 11:45 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Next time I'm down your way!! 

Like 0      
15 Feb 2010 1:36 AM by Pauline & Peter Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

Hi

Have you got windows 2007?

If so, I find the best way for me is to click on Insert, then Symbol, under Font Simplified Arabic, then under Subset Latin-1 Supplement and they are all there.  Sounds confusing written down but it's not.

Hope this helps.

Pauline

Like 0      
15 Feb 2010 1:45 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Very confusing when you haven't got a clue what Windows 2007 is!  Another caña anyone?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
16 Feb 2010 11:14 PM by trog Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Max kite has got it spot on although I also live in Granada\Jaen provence area so maybe only for those provences but hey why live anywhere else....

Un cuarto (rare)........bottle of beer 250ml

Un tercio....................bottle of beer 330ml

Caña...small beer

Un tercio is as it says a 3rd of a litre which is a normal bottle of beer and normaly drunk from the bottle without a glass. If you want a decent bottle of beer go for an Alhambra verde.

Like 1      
17 Feb 2010 8:41 AM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar

trog - try the "Mezquita" - mmmmmm

Like 0      
05 Nov 2010 11:13 AM by darodedi Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

We said too.

Una rubia (because beer is blonde)

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ryanair's latest cost cutting?? - 6 posts
Granting of Habertation Certificate - 4 posts
Malaga Airport (AGP) T3 Official Opening - 4 posts
proposed roue railway San Pedro to Estepona - 0 posts
work - 0 posts
Aluminium Box Trailer with secure lid for sale - 1 posts
Credit/Debit Card Scam - 1 posts
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR NIE - 20 posts
Autumn Bookings P&O Ferries Portsmouth/Bilbao Cancelled - 1 posts
Fiscal Fees????? - 4 posts
Delete an inactive blog - 2 posts
Armchair required - 0 posts
Being a Teacher (Piano) ? - 2 posts
Flight Delays - 2 posts
Driving an open-topped car with a baby.... - 3 posts
snowboarding - 1 posts
best tapas on costa del sol - 17 posts
Paying money into Spanish Bank Account - 50 posts
Cheapest way to play golf in The Costa del sol - 0 posts
Piano Teaching in Spain - 0 posts
WALK FROM mOUNTAIN pARK - 1 posts
Wow it is quiet!! - 12 posts
Hi All - moving to Alicante or Malaga areas - 5 posts
Speed cameras on Spanish roads - 12 posts
Understanding spanish bank statement - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 47

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x