how do i get bbc/itv in mar menor

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by beadso Star rating. 128 posts Send private message

is it possible to put up your own satelite dish and recieve english channels? is so what size of a dish would i need ? where would i get it? how would i do it?  id be grateful for any information

Like 0      
24 Jan 2010 4:29 AM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Hi Beadso

Yes you can recieve BBC & ITV etc. You will require a 1.9 dish and if space allows go for the 2.4 dish you also need a Freesat box. I would also stay away from the re-broadcasting companys. 

Like 0      
24 Jan 2010 4:33 AM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Hi Beadso

This link might be of interest to you. http://www.costablancasatellite.com/astra-satellite-footprint-map-spain.html

Like 0      
24 Jan 2010 9:26 AM by auntielinda Star rating in San Miguel de Salina.... 646 posts Send private message

There are lots of companies only too willing to do the installation, look at the Costa Calida informer, or go on http://www.torrevieja.co.uk there is a chap who posts on there called Freesat Murcia  who lives down your area and ask this same question of him if you refgisiter you can do it all by personal message if you want to

This message was last edited by auntielinda on 24/01/2010.

Great Auntie Linda

Like 0      
24 Jan 2010 10:09 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

From reports, you may be able to get away with a 1.45m dish, but a 1.8 or 2.4m dish would be best if space and budget allows.

BBC and ITV and C4s are all available for free and without a sky card, so any reeciver box should do, be it Freesat, Freesat HD, Sky, Sky Plus, Sky HD or Generic.

Note that some channels even on the big dishes may not be available all day, especially BBC2 and FIVE.

However, if you have a SKy receiver and a sky card you can access stronger versions of ITV, C4, Five, and also have access to Fiver and Five USA, and Sky three - the last 3 are not free to air, but free to view, and are not available on Freesat receivers.

There are many companies inthat area, many have been mentioned on here before:

lee-digital.com, a2sat.com,televisiontechnology.eu

I actually think  Freesat Murcia (Dave) actually lives in Javia, although covers that area also.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
24 Jan 2010 3:20 PM by auntielinda Star rating in San Miguel de Salina.... 646 posts Send private message

If I were to recommend anyone it would be TV Technology they are in the process of sorting out our communal TDT TV if you want the phone number pm me

Great Auntie Linda

Like 0      
25 Jan 2010 11:09 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I know it's not totally legal  but you could just install FoxyProxy in Firefox browser and watch BBC iPlayer and ITV Player streaming online.  It's not something I do of course....

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

new bar at lo crispin - 4 posts
i dont know spanish.. can soeone tell me what song this is? - 5 posts
Distance to build - 0 posts
New to Eye on Spain - 10 posts
Abandoned puppies - 0 posts
Illegal licences - 0 posts
Any way of getting a MOT in spain, or equivalent. - 43 posts
beware of trying to get out of a mess in spain - 2 posts
Zapatero gets a bashing over demolitions - 25 posts
helpme find plumber/bathroom designer DAVID ORTON was UK based - 7 posts
new to forum about to conclude jardines - 11 posts
Suing agent who sold the property? - 1 posts
PROPERTY NEEDED UNDER 120k - 0 posts
Social Security Help - 1 posts
de-faulting on spanish mortgage - 2 posts
Advertising my Blog - 6 posts
Freesat HD on Costa del Sol - 6 posts
Withdrawal of P & O Portsmouth to Bilbao route - 21 posts
how many people really want to or are trying to sell their spanish property? - 12 posts
Drive to Spain - 4 posts
Taking lizards to spain - 3 posts
car hire prices - 10 posts
spanish property in UK or Spanish will? - 3 posts
EOS not alerting me when I start a new thread - 4 posts
Connecting Electric Supply - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x