car hire prices

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by mindi Star rating in plymouth uk / torret.... 4 posts Send private message

mindi´s avatar

Does any one agree that the price of car hire in costa blanca has almost doubled since last year. Have booked a car for april over the easter period and it is costing me 227 euros for 10 days. That's sort of ok but For 4 more days in july it is costing me nearly 600 euros. What is going on. The same weeks in july last year were just over 300 for the same car. It will be chepper to  buy a car at this rate.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2010 11:08 PM by joanniemac Star rating. 241 posts Send private message

Hi Mindi, I have hired a car for 12 days for the last two weeks in Aug at a cost of  £458, picking up from Alicante airport. I thought that was very expensive, yours seems a bit over the top. Cheers Joanniemac

Like 0      
20 Jan 2010 10:25 AM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

The same exists at Malaga. For the first time ever I am finding the car hire through Easyjet is cheaper than all the trawler sites can offer. Have booked 2 cars this year from them, the latest being for 15 days in September at £266. The first is June for 8 days at approx. £150. None really cheap, but still the best on offer at the time.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2010 12:08 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

Hi Mindi,

Yes I agree with you, car hire prices have gone up over a short period, you have to look hard to find the best price, then you have to watch out for the hidden costs of top up insurance and fuel. There's been a lot mentioned about this subject on other threads. If anyone does find a good deal, please post them so we know where to book.

Regards.

Tech.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2010 12:38 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

I am sure prices will vary a great deal and holiday periods could be horrific.

However as far as short term is concerned there are some very good deals around, I just checked around for 8 days from 7th Feb as I got decent flights to Murcia and found general rates around Euros 100 or £90

But both DYS and Auto Europe via Travel Supermarket.com offered deals at around £55-58 for the 8 days I know there could be hidden charges as I have not booked it yet but it is certainly worth shopping around.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2010 11:31 AM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

mindi

try Coys car hire, family busines and they serve Murcia airport

there top insurance, tyres, screens, keys etc 2.50 a day with a min and max

they charge 12 euros for fuel, return empty, no hassle with credit card credits

they even price match if ther quote is dearer

plus great personnal sevice

www.coysrent-a-car.com

This message was last edited by David W on 21/01/2010.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2010 11:50 AM by brianjackson Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

When flying to Malaga, I have used rentacar3000 for the last few years.

I used to trawl for the cheapest but found that I was waiting up to two hours in the 'dungeon' of the airport just to get my car.

Now Vicky meets me after  I collect my luggage and I am on my way in minutes !

Small compant - personal service.

Of course I should point out that I have no connection with this company other than as a satisfied customer.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2010 5:56 PM by Jann Star rating in Merseyside and Jardi.... 802 posts Send private message

If anyone could suggest a search engine or car hire company other than the usual ones that serve Malaga airport I'd be grateful. My brother has just been quoted just under £700 for two weeks hire from Malaga airport in mid August- I'm not sure what company that's with but he will have used a search engine mostly likely DoyouSpain in the first instance. He needs a larger vehicle as there's six of them but as he says the prices are crippling for a family holiday when you add the airfare and you have to go in the school holidays. So any suggestions welcomed.

Jan

Like 0      
24 Jan 2010 7:57 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

For Jann:

Believe it or not that price for a 6/7 seater is cheap for that time of year

You could try Marbasol based off airport but good meeting sevice

Like 0      
24 Jan 2010 8:31 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

We used Marbesol for the last few months, until we bought a car - excellent service.  We hired from the Marbella office, found them extremely helpful and prices were competitive.  Can recommend them.  marbesol.com/

Like 0      
25 Jan 2010 5:26 PM by Jann Star rating in Merseyside and Jardi.... 802 posts Send private message

Thanks for your help- my broter tells me that the hire is for 10 days. I will pass on the site you have suggested.

Jan

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

spanish property in UK or Spanish will? - 3 posts
EOS not alerting me when I start a new thread - 4 posts
Connecting Electric Supply - 3 posts
Jobs in teaching Torrevieja - 3 posts
wood burner with flue wanted - 0 posts
AGM - 2 posts
Postal redirection - 3 posts
BMI baby Cardiff to Murcia - 4 posts
Valuations - 4 posts
Does a NintendoWii bought in UK work in Spain? - 8 posts
What's positive about living in Spain????? - 41 posts
sub letting? - 4 posts
bill det - 0 posts
almanzora country club update - 4 posts
Lawyer in Murcia? - 7 posts
Hi I haven't been on for a while but this is an urgent appeal - 4 posts
Wanted 2 month rental Iznajar Cordoba - 0 posts
Los Belones shopping complex - 1 posts
professional photos needed for holiday rental website Mar Menor 2 - 2 posts
message for EOS regarding Mar Menor Golf Resort 2 - 0 posts
Babysitters for Mar Menor Golf resort - 1 posts
Hairdresser or Beautician required - 0 posts
Walk in Orihuela - 0 posts
best car rental - 12 posts
AZURETEL (tele, internet and landline) - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x