I can not be bothered with EOS anymore !

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Dec 2009 10:42 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

.......have you seen the price of xmas trees this year, terrible!

on Anglia news last night, following a report on a huge domestic cat, the male presenter turned to his female co-presenter and said   ''what a huge pussy''. ......and they both kept a straight face.

anyway, getting back to the thread!!, 

i'd just like to add my congrats' to Justin and the team, for doing such a good job in tough times. Let's hope 2010 brings about much needed change?

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 6:10 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Not really tinto.  I don't see why people feel the need to complain so much.  It's very rare that we intervene and control what people say on the site.  Most of the time all we edit are commercial threads.  Everyone is quite free to have their say.

Sometimes people get nasty and personal towards others on the forum and I don't really like that at all.  In fact, we did suspend MagiMeg's account for this very reason.

There ARE many other Spain forums and no one is forced to use this one.  Every forum has a different feel to it with different types of people on them.  Therefore, if this forum doesn't suit someone I don't see what's wrong with them going and trying out a different forum.  It's all the same to me.  That's the beauty of the internet...you have a choice.

They are all generally free, like this one, so you can try any out with losing anything apart from some of your time.

So, if you feel, like MagicMeg and tinto, that this forum is not what you want then please try out some others.  You may feel that another one may suit you better.

We'll continue to develop EOS in line with what people want and welcome all those who appreciate our efforts.

So a big thank you to all of you who have left some lovely comments for us.  They are appreciated.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 6:36 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

That's the ticket Justin, you tell 'em.

EOS is GOOD..........................lets cut out the racist stuff and the bitching and get on with the info and the fun.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 6:44 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Absolutely, Justin!  EOS has been an absolute goldmine of information for many people who venture here.

Forums are what the members make them, generally - and, as you say, if people don't like this one, try another one!

Many, many thanks to Justin and Susan for EOS - and to all the members who make it an informative and accomodating site to visit!

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 6:55 PM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

If you have a problem with EOS don't bother visiting!

I love EOS. Justin and Susan have done a fantastic job. I love EOS and I love the Siesta Show!

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 6:59 PM by Russ W Star rating. 230 posts Send private message

EOS has helped me enormously and I am extremely thankful for the ability to exchange views and opinions with others.

Without such a media I'm afraid I and many others would feel helpless and at the mercy of unscrupulous developers.

If you don't like the forum then don't use it.

If I have one complaint, it's that it takes up so much of my time!

Thanks again - excellent website!

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 7:11 PM by MAGICMEG Star rating in Scotland. 546 posts Send private message

" I can not help thinking that EOS has become a place for the desperate to hold on to what used to be , rather than a forum for real  and relevant discussion pertinent to what is happening NOW !!  People are scared to say what they really think . Sad but unfortunately true  ! Spain has now changed for ever .  Can EOS move with the times  ? I hope it can ! "

Justin my original post was not a complaint about the EOS site , or indeed the people who work so hard to keep it going .I happen to think it is an excellent site.

My comment was directed at the content of some of the recent posts or lack of them and at the many posters who do not seem to acknowledge  or want to acknowledge that times have changed .Spain has and is changing for ever  like many other countries in the world  .Yet we seem to be discussing many things as if we are in a time warp .

The question was that apart from the few who want to discuss the changes and what they mean in the future ( for example the new Spanish government economic policy to move away from reliance on  he building and property sectors to a more diverse economy ,a great plan but are they going to have a strategy for the current mess or move on leaving everyone involved in the building/property sector high and dry . )

Are we all coming from  too many different sides of the fence  with specific financial interests in specific areas  to have a real and transparent discussion on some issues. Are there too many sitting on the fence ie those who look for years but never post .

Do people really feel free to post their real opinion on certain matters .Which may or may not account for the thread veering  off on a political correctness angle .Who knows !

My post was playing devils advocate trying to get a debate going as to whether EOS members could change and keep up with these changing  times or if we were are just living in times where there are too many issues  that personally affect our situations that they are too sensitive to discuss  .

It was in no way a complaint on  the actual site or on you or the EOS team  . Perhaps I should have been much clearer about what exactly "I could not be bothered with "

What ever else it certainly got people posting !!

There were some really good replies to this post  especially Maria's 

"Spain is something near a chaos right now, but we have material for a brilliant future. I am completely sure about that. Risponsable politicians are needed."

This message was last edited by MAGICMEG on 04/12/2009.

Nothing surprises me anymore  

but I am willing to accept that sometimes (although not very often ) I can be  wrong !

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 7:20 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

I have not checked the forum cos I am extremely busy but I think it is the best  forum in the world. As Justin says nobody is forced to use it especially if you cannot be bovvered!!

Well said  Justin

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 8:23 PM by coolrunner Star rating in la marina. 91 posts Send private message

coolrunner´s avatar

i understand what magicmeg is saying and i think a lot of the problem is [ as i was guilty of this fact ], many expats who live here dont want to believe the change spain has made and the fact that its not a change for the better,many wont believe that its got very expencive to live here and that its cheaper to live in the uk ,i was always defending spain and when people said to me that its cheaper in the uk i always said no,and i was blind to the facts only becouse i wanted to stay here,and we have to realise that the spanish only like our money and not us ,i was on the beach in the summer and i heard a spanish women say to her husband "why do these forigners have to come here",the only thing spain has to benifit us is the climate,i have enjoyed living here and i will miss it here when i go back to the uk

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 9:44 PM by MAGICMEG Star rating in Scotland. 546 posts Send private message

Hi coolrunner .  In my opinion the UK is also in chaos and things are no better and getting worse .

Where I live it is dark at seven am  when I go to work and dark at four pm when I come  in .I can't remember the last time I saw the sun in the sky ( when it did appear all be it momentarily  earlier this morning, small children were pointing  and asking what it was !!!!! ) .

We are in the UK  have two good salaries coming into the house and are still finding things difficult as are most .I just thank God neither of us have lost our jobs ......... yet !

Truth is things are bad every where .The only ones who don't seem to realise or care are the politicians . At least we can all look forward to a real old fashioned Dickensian Christmas . Bah Humbug !!!!! 

Nothing surprises me anymore  

but I am willing to accept that sometimes (although not very often ) I can be  wrong !

Like 0      
05 Dec 2009 10:42 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

My personal thoughts about the forum recently is that the majority of people that were active here when I joined have now completed their purchases and don't come back very often and post. The current economic situation has lead to a drying up of potential purchasers, hence less people researching their home in the sun. Yes, prices (especially where we bought) have plummeted, but it doesn't make much difference to your average Brit as the Euro is so strong, negating any of the benefit of the price drop.

Once the markets start rising and they bring Claire Sweeney back to advertise the Spanish holiday home market again, the forum will become busier again.

There is loads of useful information on here, some good news, some bad news, but to have a balanced view you need to see it all, warts and all .

Mark

Like 0      
10 Dec 2009 12:06 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

some stuff may be "tongue in cheek" even "provocative" sometimes even "silly" from "enthusiasts" or traders seeking to spin up some business but.......................

IF ONLY I HAD FOUND THE SITE BEFORE HANDING MY MONEY OVER TO THE """""""""""RESPECTABLE"""""""" SOLICITOR

Keep up the good work Justin and forget the spin, we all know where the sun is.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Problems With Skype - 11 posts
Are Newspapers Soon to be History? - 2 posts
Searching for a contact number - 0 posts
Econo-Heat - 21 posts
Problems with Car Trawler - 6 posts
Sevillana Endesa - has anyone else had a problem?? - 3 posts
Wanted - Propane Patio Heater - 3 posts
Electric hot water heater wanted - 2 posts
Christmas in Torrievieja - Nice Hotel? - 2 posts
Hi im new - 4 posts
Torre-Vieja : The Song! - 0 posts
Banks Liability Under LEY 57/68 - 46 posts
Spanish contract law - can someone clarify what consitutes a breach of contract? - 4 posts
Turkish Delight - 0 posts
Life insurance Help - 1 posts
Cheap storage facilities - 0 posts
Citroen Zsara Picasso 2.0 Diesel HD Exclusive - 3 posts
Restaurant for Christmas Day in Marbella? - 3 posts
SKY HIGH ELECTRICITY BILL - 9 posts
Looking for Estate Agents and Property Buyers for American TV show - 1 posts
Northern Soul Murcia Region - 2 posts
Table & 4 chairs - 0 posts
adopting bunny - 0 posts
rabbit adoption - 0 posts
Entertainment Only, Please - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 52

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x