Econo-Heat

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by coffeebreak Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Economical heating panels

420w class A rated panel heaters supplied and fitted for €79.     Approx.4 cents per hour to run. Slim design,paintable and cheap to run.    Full 2 year guarantee.As seen on t.v.     Dump those expensive oil filled radiators. "Switch on and Save" as we say!   Also OSRAM low energy bulbs E27 €3 each or 4 for €10.      See us at Kennelys Bar  on Camposol Friday 18th December or phone 690790164.

Like 0      
02 Dec 2009 4:35 PM by Laird Dave of Lochaber Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 180 posts Send private message

I can highly recommend these panel heaters. I have four fitted and they warm the house brillantly. Have them set up with atimer so that they come on before we get up. Means a lovely warm living room in the morning. Have used them for nearly two years now and have not noticed any huge increase in electricity consumption.

Cheers

Dave

Like 0      
03 Dec 2009 3:15 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Why are they so much more expensive in Spain than the UK? They are £38.95 in the UK!

Irene

Like 0      
03 Dec 2009 3:42 PM by coffeebreak Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

The price is for the 425w panel and has a 2 year guarantee (u.k. is 1 year).     The panels are specifically Wall   Mounted   Panel Heaters working on an the  efficient convection system, hence the very low running costs. (approx 4 cents per hour)   As for the price ,   I suspect you have seen  a different type of heater.

Like 0      
03 Dec 2009 7:12 PM by alcaidesa Star rating in Beckenham Kent. 34 posts Send private message

Your light bulbs are the cheapest I have seen in Spain.

But you can still get them 10 for £1 in UK all over the place. I shipped about 200 over just to be safe.

Like 0      
03 Dec 2009 8:04 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Puts on Victor Meldrew hat....

I have three of these heaters in our village house...one in the bathroom which I would judge to be reasonably efficient; the other two are installed in the bedrooms and are for want of a better phrase a total waste of space. They work extremely well at heating the walls on which they are mounted but as background heaters for the rooms themselves are sadly lacking...The main bedroom is about 12' square with an 8' ceiling height, the smaller bedroom is about 8' x 7' again with an 8 foot ceiling.

We live in a fairly well insulated house but at 2000 feet amsl the winters can be very cold and these wall heaters really struggle to keep the chill off the rooms; on the CDS or CB coastal towns they are probably ok, but inlaand and on the side of a small mountain forget it!

i have found that an 11 element oil filled radiator on its 700w setting is much bettter and is thermostatically controlled. The wall panel heaters however consume 425W continuously. Over a 24 hr period I doubt there is much difference in consumption.

...removes V.M. hat and crawls back under his log....

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 8:52 AM by cazzy Star rating in Inland Andalucia. 180 posts Send private message

We have these heaters in our bedrooms, but no longer use them. They don't really make a lot of difference to the temperature, and they cost a lot more to run than advertised!!!

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 10:45 AM by coffeebreak Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

These Panel Heaters cost approx 4 cents/hour to run and are Class 'A' rated      ( the highest grade on the EU energy efficiency rating-  A beng the best and G the worst)     They  need to be  fitted to the wall at a specific height  to work correctly.   They work on the convection method, hence you get the cold air drawn in from the bottom of the panel and the warm air rises from the top.  The warm air circulates in the room so unlike oil filled radiators you do not have to sit  on top of them to feel the benefit.   

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 10:50 AM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

We have two of these heaters, one in the hall and one in a bedroom, both work very well and efficiently, just as the box say's. We do have a modern well insulated draft free house though, they may not be good for large old type Spanish houses.

Foxbat, did you read the box, the bit about not suitable for bathrooms.

Sorry Foxbat, had to get that one in as the wife nagged me to put one in our bathroom, of course I told her no.

This message was last edited by mr.kevin on 04/12/2009.

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 11:08 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

The Spanish ones are the same as the English ones and I reiterate, are £38.95 in the UK. The only difference is that they don't come with a plug!

We have two in our living room, one in each of the bedrooms and (despite what it says on the box) we have one in each bathroom. They are on timers and they make the bathrooms quite cosy.

Our electricity bills reflect the low cost of running them. We did have oil-filled rads and we think that the ceramic panels are much more efficient.

Irene

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 11:24 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

I can't understand how you all quote 4c an hour to run. My electricity costs 11.473c per KWh plus VAT at 16% = 13.30c x .42KW per hour = 5.59c. My supplier is Iberdrola.  I don't understand at this price for less than half a KW it represents good value? Kevin

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 12:24 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

kevin...Hi!

The fitment of these heaters was carried out by our 'builder', including the one in the bathroom!

Given that the guy in question is a Brit 'Builder'  (I use the word in its loosest form), I doubt very much if he took much notice of the instructions or recommendations as to use! It isn't plugged into a wall socket, but hard wired into the electrical system.

Strangely enough though, as I said, the unit in the bathroom is the only one which works with any degree of efficiency!

BTW; the polystyrene packaging makes a good photo-frame holding up to 9 photographs...!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 4:39 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

Hi Foxbat,

We have a few of those bodge it and leggits around here as well, forfunatly I am capable and a UK qualified lecky so I can avoid the 'off the plane builders'.

Regards

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 5:01 PM by coolrunner Star rating in la marina. 91 posts Send private message

coolrunner´s avatar

you need to turn them on hours before you need them and then their still a waste of time,and putting them on long before you need them and needing more than 1 in a normal size room means you use more electric than using 1 oil filled rad

Like 0      
05 Dec 2009 6:55 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

I disagree - they are excellent heaters!

Irene

Like 0      
08 Dec 2009 1:38 PM by SteamboatFatty Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

We spent the last 2 winters with some of these for the rooms of the house where the lving room heat doesn't really reach. I certainly wouldn't say they are brilliant and the answer to all our heating woes - I'd say rather than heat the room per se they take the cold out of it. We had 2 in our bedroom (about 4m x 4m) and one in the hall and we used to just leave them on for long (very long) periods of time as the instructions told us to. You'd go in the room and, whilst it was no longer cold it certainly wasn't shorts and t-shirt in there.

I understand they cost about €1 per day to leave on. Like I say, we had 2 in the bedroom...it works out cheaper to blast the warm air from the a/c unit than use 2 of these.

That said, we had double glazing put in a few months ago so maybe that would make a difference. haven't had to use the one in the hall yet, but it did an OK job so we haven't taken it down either...

Like 0      
11 Dec 2009 11:06 AM by userpolaris Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Dave fitted 5 panels in my apartment and I have no complaints, Dave explained, unless they are fitted correctly and adequate panels are supplied for the size of room the panels would not be as efficient as promised, I have read all the details on the information sheet and would assume that anyone who is not happy with these excellent panels are not following the instructions and are not putting enough panels per room.

Like 0      
11 Dec 2009 2:36 PM by kennylynn Star rating. 136 posts Send private message

Hi All

Any body know were they sell these panel heaters around Estepona area  Thanks

Like 0      
11 Dec 2009 2:55 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

They sell them in Aki & Le Roy Merlin

Do not know if you have any near you.

Joan

Like 0      
16 Dec 2009 11:01 AM by diverdan Star rating in Scotland / Greenock .... 119 posts Send private message

Here is a simple question

What is the cheapest way to heat the room?

Use the a/c in heat mode?

Use Oil filled radiators

Use Econo heat?

Can anyone supply unit costs and usage rates for the three types opf heating?

Thanks for your help in my decision making process

dd

Looking forward to a long retirement in the sun..........

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Problems with Car Trawler - 6 posts
Sevillana Endesa - has anyone else had a problem?? - 3 posts
Wanted - Propane Patio Heater - 3 posts
Electric hot water heater wanted - 2 posts
Christmas in Torrievieja - Nice Hotel? - 2 posts
Hi im new - 4 posts
Torre-Vieja : The Song! - 0 posts
Banks Liability Under LEY 57/68 - 46 posts
Spanish contract law - can someone clarify what consitutes a breach of contract? - 4 posts
Turkish Delight - 0 posts
Life insurance Help - 1 posts
Cheap storage facilities - 0 posts
Citroen Zsara Picasso 2.0 Diesel HD Exclusive - 3 posts
Restaurant for Christmas Day in Marbella? - 3 posts
SKY HIGH ELECTRICITY BILL - 9 posts
Looking for Estate Agents and Property Buyers for American TV show - 1 posts
Northern Soul Murcia Region - 2 posts
Table & 4 chairs - 0 posts
adopting bunny - 0 posts
rabbit adoption - 0 posts
Entertainment Only, Please - 0 posts
Wifi Leeching - 6 posts
ADANA Christmas fair - 1 posts
Malaga Orphanage Christmas Gift Appeal 2009 - 0 posts
Spanish Corruption: A Tongue in Cheek Peek - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x