Compulsory Holiday Home Purchase???

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by iznalloz Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

I recently heard a rumour that the Spanish government are trying to get a law passed by the EU - Apparently the request they are making is that homes bought in Spain by foreign buyers just to be used as holiday homes, that are left empty for most of the year are likely to be compulsory purchased by the government (at a price they set), the homes then to be re-sold to Spanish couples who are currently unable to afford to purchase a house!???  Has anybody out there heard anything about this??

Like 0      
14 Nov 2009 5:33 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

OHHHHHHH  bit scare mungering here,

I'm sure the spanish goverment is really worrid about this,

local tax and whelth tax and water rates bin collection rates, and the 6-8 weeks torisium money all comming for no input by them?

the new system that maybe comming in is a subsidty for spanish residents to purchace home that are now empty after 1 year, ok thats a good thing to give the homeless, its not a give away, its a max 20% assistance, so that person will need to pay 80% by way of deposit and or mortgage.

This is not a get at those who have empty 2nd homes, its a way of getting money through to builders and moving the massive amount of empty unowned properties off the market, and get the building industry working, as 40% of the employment in spain is in the construction industry,

And another 20% of the employment is concerned with torisum or support for all those none spanish poeple that this scare mungering is aimed at?

Like 0      
14 Nov 2009 6:42 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Is this not a similar crazy idea that our wonderful Brit Government  had for  properties left empty for long periods in UK.

Problem is many with empty 2nd + homes are MP's  

Like 0      
15 Nov 2009 2:26 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

They have enough new empty properties. Why would they start picking on 2nd holiday homes? Spanish economy depends a great deal on Tourists and property owners spending money and I would have thought it unlikely for this to happen. Kevin

www,spanishvillarentals.webs.com 

Like 0      
15 Nov 2009 3:17 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Have to agree Kev

If Im paying tax each year whether I earn it or not on rental, why would they want to buy my apartment?? no logic in it!!!

I could understand them buying up distressed and unsold properties of which there are thousands.

This message was last edited by philevans on 15/11/2009.

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Advise on moving to Spain are moving to England - 3 posts
moving furniture to Murcia - 0 posts
Google Street View - 13 posts
Permission to change Rustic land to residential land - 4 posts
Yet Another Endesa Thread....! - 4 posts
purchase of new 3 bedroom appt - 5 posts
polar airr - 5 posts
I B I Taxes - 2 posts
El matrimonio en Espana - 2 posts
The Final Move - 41 posts
DO YOU NEED TRANSPORT TO SPAIN FROM THE UK OR BACK FROM SPAIN TO THE UK - 2 posts
Any lady golfers out there? - 2 posts
Hola! - 5 posts
just a little warning on window tint and ITV - 23 posts
Charging to make contact with EOS, whatever next? - 1 posts
smoking banned inside at end of the year! - 61 posts
How do you remove old posts from community forums? - 4 posts
Satellite receiver from Aldi - 2 posts
Rental Advice Please - 5 posts
Spanish property pessimist gets a surprise - 4 posts
What's puerto banus llike? - 3 posts
Brits rip off Brits - 5 posts
Community wi- fi - 0 posts
How difficult is it to respect a customer's privacy? - 0 posts
La Tercia Real Deposit Refund - Don't Give In! - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x