Satellite receiver from Aldi

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

I am now going to display my complete ignorance of things technical....

Aldi are supposed to be getting the following equipment in their stores next week: Satellite digital receiver Medion Life E24089, and we were wondering whether to buy one and, if so, what other equipment we would need to buy.  Currently we just have TDT which does give us over 20 channels, most of which are Spanish (exceptions being Disney Channel and Sony) and of course we can see programmes in their original language. 

We wondered if there are more channels available with Freesat and does that include BBC World?  If so, what else are we likely to need?  We have a communal aerial for the channels we receive, but don´t think there is a communal satellite dish, though we have a socket marked SAT.  Under the information about the receiver, which is all in Spanish, it mentions ASTRA 19.2.

I will be very grateful if anybody can educate me!

Many thanks.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
12 Nov 2009 1:04 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Sue

I don't know about the spec of the box from Aldi, but if you want to pick up Freesat, you do need a satellite dish.

Even though you have a wall socket marked SAT, it doesn't mean there is a dish on your community.

Our community paid for a large dish and we all connected to it for about 200€ each, this was a discounted price as we joined en mass so to speak.

I bought a Bush box from Argos in the UK for around £49 and it works perfectly in Spain picking up the Freesat channels.

I am not sure if there is BBC world, there are so may channels!

But certainly you get all the usual UK channels and loads of rubbish ones too - Bid TV, etc., etc.,!

hope this helps..............

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
12 Nov 2009 8:21 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

We wondered if there are more channels available with Freesat and does that include BBC World?  If so, what else are we likely to need?  We have a communal aerial for the channels we receive, but don´t think there is a communal satellite dish, though we have a socket marked SAT.  Under the information about the receiver, which is all in Spanish, it mentions ASTRA 19.2.

BBC World is available for free on many satellites. all you need is an 80 cm dish, pount it to on eof the many satellite "constellations" and you can view it for free.

BBC World IS NOT available on the main UK TV satellites, as BBC News 24 takes its place.

IF you have a communal dish pointing at astra 19 then you will not get an UK TV channels, apart from Sky NEws, BBC World and CNN.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Rental Advice Please - 5 posts
Spanish property pessimist gets a surprise - 4 posts
What's puerto banus llike? - 3 posts
Brits rip off Brits - 5 posts
Community wi- fi - 0 posts
How difficult is it to respect a customer's privacy? - 0 posts
La Tercia Real Deposit Refund - Don't Give In! - 8 posts
Marks & Spencer - 12 posts
What has happened to my profile? - 0 posts
Telefonica nightmare - 9 posts
Driving to Spain for Xmas - 4 posts
Gardens of Manilva - 1 posts
Switching to interest only mortgage - 3 posts
Thanks, Justin! (for Chickens) - 4 posts
WiFi hotspots - 12 posts
15 years for a claim - 0 posts
Bankers Guarantee with Polaris World. - 22 posts
Calling an EGM - 4 posts
Keeping order on a Community - 6 posts
ID cards for non-Spaniards? - 5 posts
Personal Trainer - 2 posts
Techo Sobrante - 5 posts
CAR FOR SALE: Renault Megane Diesel. Automatic. - 2 posts
Why ?? ?? - 40 posts
Do you have to pay inheritance tax if it is your primary residence??? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x