Google Street View

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

I might be a bit behind the times here but ......just found Google Street View

Absolutely brilliant!!!

Ideal if you want to know what a place looks like without having to go there.

They have loads of Spanish locations

If you haven't seen it Check it out!!!

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
14 Nov 2009 12:42 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi

Yes I think its good but many are starting to complain

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8049490.stm

Like 0      
14 Nov 2009 2:16 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

I think I made a comment on privacy when this subject first raised its head about a year ago.

I question the motive and the funding of Street View: who is paying and why?

I was out taking the dogs for a walk one morning last November when our village was visited by a Google Street View team; the car went down our street which was something of an achievement in itself since it is very narrow; I knew at the time I'd been caught and the proof is in the latest bunch of street views of shall we say 'rural Granada province' which have just been uploaded by Google in the last few days; for me and my troublesome trio its instant stardom (or should that be notoriety) ...captured for perpetuity by the all seeing Google eye.

They also captured my sister in Google's hometown of Irvine Ca. as she was unloading groceries from the boot (or should that be the trunk) of her car; her one comment; "Thank God I wasnt wearing a short skirt!"

The thing is that if you feel your privacy has been invaded you can request Google remove the image that gives you a problem; however, you dont know your privacy has been invaded until its been published...it has been decided that a picture of your property does not in itself represent a breach of privacy just in case you were wondering....!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
14 Nov 2009 9:49 AM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

I think it would only bother people with something to hide. I notice that they do mask out reg Nos of cars.

As for privacy, we have no privacy especially in england. I cant see the probem

Like 0      
14 Nov 2009 9:57 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I found our house recently and rotating the image I found the neighbours opposite talking to a friend.  Will have to tell them next week when I'm over about their internet fame.

Like 0      
14 Nov 2009 1:57 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

I think its great, no problems with what they show, where my brother lives, on google map shows a building site, on street view it shows how nice it is with the builder gone

I agree, the only people with some thing to hide "on That day" have any problems with it

Jonty

Like 0      
14 Nov 2009 3:07 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Our local streets have nly recently been added, you can see them here. It is good because Google Maps hasn't updated the image of our area for at least 4 years, so people can now actually see what area they are buying into when they rent our apartment.

Mark

Like 0      
14 Nov 2009 3:13 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

I reckon its got to be a good promotional tool for rents

Like 0      
14 Nov 2009 3:45 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

I wonder if Gogle will know about it when sites start short cutting properties to the google map, somewhere someone will need to pay?

jonty

Like 0      
15 Nov 2009 2:22 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

I couldn't believe how clear the images are! We are inside a gated community in Playa Flamenca but you could look up the road that goes into it.

No street scene for my house in the UK! kevin  

www.spanishvillarentals.webs.com

Like 0      
15 Nov 2009 11:28 AM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

I think Google street view is fantastic! Really clear too. You can see into our complex and you can see people sitting by the pool! A great program to use.

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
15 Nov 2009 11:31 AM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

Hi Kev2006n,

I agree Google street view is really good. Clear too. The complex I live in is really clear from above. Great website!

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
15 Nov 2009 2:43 PM by alex-james Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

wow, I didn't realise the google streetview car had come to southern Spain already. I can see my house AND my car parked outside! It's a shame they came before I gave it its yearly wash.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2009 6:34 PM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

The pictures where I live were taken in July 2007 so it's not that up to date.

But it's still great!

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Permission to change Rustic land to residential land - 4 posts
Yet Another Endesa Thread....! - 4 posts
purchase of new 3 bedroom appt - 5 posts
polar airr - 5 posts
I B I Taxes - 2 posts
El matrimonio en Espana - 2 posts
The Final Move - 41 posts
DO YOU NEED TRANSPORT TO SPAIN FROM THE UK OR BACK FROM SPAIN TO THE UK - 2 posts
Any lady golfers out there? - 2 posts
Hola! - 5 posts
just a little warning on window tint and ITV - 23 posts
Charging to make contact with EOS, whatever next? - 1 posts
smoking banned inside at end of the year! - 61 posts
How do you remove old posts from community forums? - 4 posts
Satellite receiver from Aldi - 2 posts
Rental Advice Please - 5 posts
Spanish property pessimist gets a surprise - 4 posts
What's puerto banus llike? - 3 posts
Brits rip off Brits - 5 posts
Community wi- fi - 0 posts
How difficult is it to respect a customer's privacy? - 0 posts
La Tercia Real Deposit Refund - Don't Give In! - 8 posts
Marks & Spencer - 12 posts
What has happened to my profile? - 0 posts
Telefonica nightmare - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x