Marks & Spencer

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by la siesta Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Anybody know the latest situation with regards to the new Marks & Spencers opening at La Canada ?

I have heard "through the grapevine" that Primark are also opening a shop

Like 0      
12 Nov 2009 9:15 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Well, yoy may already know but Primark opened a shop in Algeciras a couple of months ago... by the way... alwys full with brits and gibraltarians! So funny!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
12 Nov 2009 7:38 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

17th of November it opens....and personally I can't wait to get my hands of their cookies!

Haven't heard about Primark opening there but as Maria says, they recently opened one up in Algeciras.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Nov 2009 10:22 PM by alex-james Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

But there's an M&S in Gibraltar! 

It's not exactly something I miss from the UK. Now millies cookies on the other hand.... 

Like 0      
12 Nov 2009 10:24 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yeah, but it's a pain to get in and out of Gib. La Cañada in Marbella is much easier to get to.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Nov 2009 10:04 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

It will be intresting to see what level of pricing the come up with, and how it compares to GIB.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2009 11:23 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I always find M & S in Gibralter sells last years style's compared to Newcastle.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
13 Nov 2009 12:33 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

It's because it's a franchise.  I'm not sure if the Marbella one is a franchise too or actually owned and run by M&S themselves.

Justin

Like 0      
13 Nov 2009 6:47 PM by praguepix Star rating in Marbella Villa. 101 posts Send private message

M&S in Gibraltar is reminiscient of Barnsley Co-op circa 1950,and that's probably an insult to Barnsley Co-op.

Hopefully M&S La Canada will be worth a trip.

By the way, are you sure that M&S franchise?

Like 0      
13 Nov 2009 6:52 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

I don't care what its reminiscient of, its the only place I can get my pants

Like 0      
13 Nov 2009 8:27 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

its owned by york ltd,

same as gib and i couldnt even get a job in the warehouse.

gives a job please.

Like 0      
01 Dec 2009 11:29 PM by jayce Star rating. 80 posts Send private message

Have just been to the new Marks and Spencer, it took a while to find, it's on the first floor near Bennetton. I wasn't impressed and it was very quiet, smaller than the Gibraltar one.No food, just a limited amount of clothes and a very limited amount of Christmas things. Dunns in Fuengirolas much better.

Like 0      
02 Dec 2009 8:58 AM by bakeja Star rating in Manilva. 49 posts Send private message

My wife and I had a look in the other day and walked out with some tea bags and a packet of biscuits.  The clothing and shoes are all the usual solid and decent M&S stuff but it is very expensive when compared to Dunnes and I suspect the UK stores.  I don't really think it is an improvement on the Gibraltar one.  I was impressed with the Primark store in Algeciras - cheap and cheerful but great for basics.

Advoco Law & Accountancy

Latest article: Guide to Spain's Autonomo System

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What has happened to my profile? - 0 posts
Telefonica nightmare - 9 posts
Driving to Spain for Xmas - 4 posts
Gardens of Manilva - 1 posts
Switching to interest only mortgage - 3 posts
Thanks, Justin! (for Chickens) - 4 posts
WiFi hotspots - 12 posts
15 years for a claim - 0 posts
Bankers Guarantee with Polaris World. - 22 posts
Calling an EGM - 4 posts
Keeping order on a Community - 6 posts
ID cards for non-Spaniards? - 5 posts
Personal Trainer - 2 posts
Techo Sobrante - 5 posts
CAR FOR SALE: Renault Megane Diesel. Automatic. - 2 posts
Why ?? ?? - 40 posts
Do you have to pay inheritance tax if it is your primary residence??? - 2 posts
Change of address - 7 posts
Econorent - 5 posts
Accommodation in Murcia - 1 posts
Tolls! - 7 posts
Habitation certificate - 12 posts
hi, anybody had any success getting deposit refunds from builder? - 11 posts
Looking for Responsible Reasonably Priced Occasional Dog Sitter/Kennels - 6 posts
Christmas parking at Malaga airport - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x