Looking for Responsible Reasonably Priced Occasional Dog Sitter/Kennels

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by denisehl Star rating in La Linea de la Conce.... 20 posts Send private message

We have just moved to Spain and have rented an apartment near Fuengirola, we are looking to find somewhere more permanent, so need to do a fair bit of traveling about. We have an older, very well behaved, undemanding dog and need to find someone or somewhere for her to stay with when we are out for the day. Does anyone out there have any ideas or experiences they can share with me.

Many thanks,

Denise

Like 0      
08 Nov 2009 7:41 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Denise - if it is just for short periods why not ask neighbours?  In my development (too far away I'm afraid to be of any help) there are two people who do occasional dog sitting.  The dog does not have to get used to a new area so it is less stressful all round.

Hope that helps.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2009 8:37 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Sorry cant help but sounds like someone should start a day nursery for dogs.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2009 11:14 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

denisehl have PM'd you

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
09 Nov 2009 2:32 PM by denisehl Star rating in La Linea de la Conce.... 20 posts Send private message

Thank you everyone for replies, Phil, have sent a reply. Claire, This urbanisation is mostly Spanish holiday homes, the few residents there are, are Spanish, no English is spoken here. I have only been in Spain a few weeks, so its early days, I am getting by, I am trying to learn Spanish, but I'm not a very fast learner, probably as I am of a certain age!!!!

Kindest thoughts and wishes to everyone,

Denise!

Like 0      
17 Feb 2010 10:15 PM by bodyworker Star rating in By the Mar menor. 34 posts Send private message

Hi,

Why don't you take your dog with you on the trips out, sure it would enjoy it as much as you.  Make sure you get a dog harness though to protect it in the event of heavy braking etc

Good luck

kind regards

Like 0      
19 Feb 2010 9:30 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Hi Denise

Possibly befriend a fellow dog walker who would oblige and nip in and take your dog out for a walk as he/she is passing. Always good to have a reciprical service such as this.

But as have just moved let me give you some good advice on vets.

Vets in and around Fuengirola can be very expensive but there is a very good and reasonably priced vet in Alhaurin El Grande where everyone seems to end up eventually. They are a full service vet and there are never any extras and you will never be shocked at the bill.

Hospital Veterinario

Alhaurin El Grande

Ctra Coin, 59

29120 Alhaurin El Grande

Tel: 952 595 354

Otherwise I can recommend a Vet in Pueblo Lopez which is close to the main station in Fuengirola but they are very expensive but they do care but you will cringe when you get the bill.

Clinica Lopez

Pueblo Lopez

Pza. San Juan

Pueblo Lopez

29640 Fuengirola

Tel 952 472 646

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Christmas parking at Malaga airport - 1 posts
Available for any help! - 1 posts
Goldcar - 2 posts
Duquesa Water Park - 1 posts
Easyjet refund policy - 3 posts
Dutch citizens now moving from New Zealand to Spain... - 1 posts
Cost of taxis - 1 posts
A few questions about rental cars - 3 posts
1.9mtr sat dish and stand - 0 posts
interesting problem UK to ES - 2 posts
Completing & Submitting Modelo 210 - 33 posts
EASYJET - SUMMER 2010 NOW LIVE - 11 posts
Interpreter needed for hospital visits - 0 posts
Speeding Fine - 4 posts
Spain to extend new-car subsidies into 2010 - 2 posts
Those illegal bank Guarantees - 7 posts
Trampolin Hills under unsolvency procedings - 19 posts
Health regulations and customer service issues (disgusted with service from Tapindo) - 2 posts
Holiday Rental Owners Please Help - 29 posts
Where do you get your tyres from? - 33 posts
Any recommendations for places to eat plus places to see - in Toledo? - 0 posts
Deadline to register your PAYG phone - 18 posts
Michael Harris - 0 posts
SAUNA Wanted - 0 posts
Our Tyler is now in Heaven - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x