Aldea Advisors

You and the law in Spain book
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 May 2010 11:32 AM by acward Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Does anyone know the latest position in the Administration of Aldea Advisors?

Is there a deadline by which time the Administrator has to settle all claims against the company, or is it the usual long drawn out process in the Spanish legal system?

Any information would be appreciated.

Allan

Like 0      
10 May 2010 11:42 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

We are asking our Procurator of Tribunals and will post here as soon as we have news.

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
01 Jun 2010 9:10 PM by Legs11 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Y'all,

I was very interested to read all the comments on the demise of Aldes Asesores. We had a house in Villa Flamenca which we bought in Nov 1999. For various reasons we did not get posession until 2001. Aldea handled all our legal bits without any problems at all. In fact I was always struck by how efficient, communicative, and straight they wereuntil I began to read about all the problems assotiated with the bancruptcy.

Fortunately (or not!) we sold the house in 2007, and once again everything was handled by Aldea smoothly and efficiently. I too received the various notices about the bancrupcy but took no notice of them as our house was sold for two years with no problems.

However, I received an email today from a solicitors company in Spain called Anton & Associados to say that my name was on the list of creditors for Aldea, and to contact them to get my money back. It's news to me that I'm owed money, as I believe that the house cannot be transferred to the new owners ( who, by the way, are happily living in it ) unless all outstanding bills and taxes have been paid.

Is this a scam or a fishing operation to try to get me to pay for legal services that I dont need, or does my name appear on the list? is there any way to see the list on line or do I have to find it some other way. Have I won the Lotto!! Any reply would be appreciated.

Like 0      
01 Jun 2010 10:51 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Legs11 - if you are not a spanish resident then the government retains 3% of the sale price when you sell your house to check if you owe any taxes.  Your lawyers then have to reclaim this for you and it can take about 8 months or so to do this. 

Could this be the money you are owed?

Like 0      
02 Jun 2010 9:08 AM by Sonatigh Star rating in Condado de Alhama Re.... 621 posts Send private message

Hi,

I went to the courts in Alicante and veiwed my name on the list, yes they owe me money not a lot but it is money.

I am waiting for news on the creditors meeting anyone heard of when this my be?

By the way the other solicitors below have obviously got a copy of the creditors list they bprobably veiwed it for a client an dgot all our details, I have been contacted by a simular company before and fell for the trap when i asked them how much to get my money back they ignored me as obviously i was not a big enough money earner for them.

Mick

I got too old soon, and too late smart ! 

Like 0      
02 Jun 2010 9:09 AM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

I too received this email yesterday and have assumed it is just a solicitor hoping to do some business - presumably just has a list of creditors and sending the same email to all of us in the hope that we may give him our custom.

Like 0      
07 Jun 2010 12:23 PM by acward Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Hi Maria,

Following your post of 10 May, is there any news yet from the Procurator of Tribunals regarding the progress of the claims against Aldea?

Allan

Like 0      
07 Jun 2010 12:36 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Acward:

Apologies for the delay. We are contacting the Procurator now . I do hope to be posting news before the end of the day.

Best,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
21 Jun 2010 11:55 AM by acward Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Hi Maria,

Sorry to bring this up again, but is there any news from the Procurator yet?  

Regards

Allan Ward

Like 0      
21 Jun 2010 12:34 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

No news  yet. I am sending a reminder to the member of the team in charge of communication with Procurators.

Thanks,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
21 Jun 2010 3:25 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

We have the report of the insolvency administrator now in our hands.

I am having a small surgery tomorrow but promise to post an abstract of the report once I am recovered.

Best regards,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
08 Jul 2010 12:00 PM by acward Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Is there anything in the Report which indicates when payments will be made to creditors, or does it just list the names of the creditors?

I would be grateful for any information which may give us a clue as to when, or if, we will get any money back from these cowboys.

Regards

Allan

Like 0      
08 Jul 2010 12:47 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

In general terms: ( I am not allowed to disclose further to anyone else but our clients in this proceeding). Even when there is no deadline, the insolvency administrator sets a number of measures for the company to overcome the present situation.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
10 Aug 2010 6:49 PM by Rustad Star rating in Kent. 89 posts Send private message

I have received an email from ABC Solicitors (Advisers Bureau Consulting) of Torrvieja who tell me that Aldea's files have now been handed over to them on the decreeeof the Insolvency Administrator. They tell me that they are now my fiscal representative unless I tell them otherwise within a week.

This seems a bit quick to me. Have any other ex-Aldea clients received this email? Is it genuine? The one week time limit to stop them taking makes me suspicious. 

Does Maria know anything that might help?

Alan

Like 0      
10 Aug 2010 7:36 PM by Sonatigh Star rating in Condado de Alhama Re.... 621 posts Send private message

Yes they have contacted me I think they are another bunch of so called legal experts who have aquired the creditors list and e-mails and claim to be able to help ex Aldea Clients. I e-mailed them and they are of no use to me? guess it depends on your cercumstances I have completed and have my deeds etc i just never got the change back from Aldea.

All previous companies who have contacted me claim they can also help but want more money than i am owed

Think you are correct to be suspicious, we all should be after all a Solicitor company handling our affairs went bankcrupt and left us all in this mess.

What i dont understand is they are still allowed to be in business yet have a list of creditors owed money that is beyond me but this is Spain and nothing surprises me anymore.

Mick

I got too old soon, and too late smart ! 

Like 0      
10 Aug 2010 8:08 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Rustad:

No one can impose on you to be your fiscal representative and even less within that short timeframe.

Best,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
10 Aug 2010 10:27 PM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

We too have received this email today. So are you saying that it is not genuine? There was also a 'download' of a 'sworn translation of an original document' which is supposedly a copy of the spanish authorization letter which was authorised by the Insolvency Administrator on the 23rd July 2010 to transfer Aldea's professional affairs and clients to this new company.

It also says in the letter that all documents, such as Title Deeds, Wills and NIE numbers have been handed over to Advisers Bureau Consulting.

So does this mean that our documents are now with this company or are they just trying to get our business???

Like 0      
10 Aug 2010 11:41 PM by mgk Star rating in Penthouse 2. 241 posts Send private message

mgk´s avatar

Hi all

I also have received this e-mail

how can we know if this is genuine?

old saying "once bitten twice shy" I think i will ignore it until there is positive proof that they are who they claim to be!!

Martin

www.condadoelectricalservices.com        condadoes@live.co.uk

tel.605 832  795

Like 0      
11 Aug 2010 9:50 AM by Rustad Star rating in Kent. 89 posts Send private message

Thank you Maria. One problem for me is that I gave Aldea Power of Attorney to complete on my property in my absence. I do not want this lot to have POA transferred to them too to do anything financially for me.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2010 10:01 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Saffronbili:

It is clear that you can change legal and fiscal representation freely, as many times as you need. I would need to see that document from the Judicial Administraors to examine its content and see how linking it is.

Rustad:

Just a certfied communcation to them on your will of choosing/ have chosen a differrent legal representative to deal with your legal and fiscal matters, together with the request for the files to be transfered to that new company will suffice.

Again, it is a very principle that no one but those chosen by you can be your legal and fiscal representatives. It is a matter of trust.

Best regards,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Do you know my Grandad? Please look :) - 8 posts
Corredor - 0 posts
Surname spelt wrong on - 0 posts
Money back to UK - 1 posts
Aifos - 0 posts
New charges fro BA - 2 posts
Control of the Community (Entity) - 15 posts
Fine for not submitting modelo 212 in time ? whose fault? - 3 posts
Part time virtual receptionist easily combined with another job at the computer - 0 posts
What Now - 0 posts
Yamaha Keyboard Repairs? - 0 posts
Scooter insurance - 1 posts
The price of building a villa in Spain - help please - 2 posts
Spanish Limited Company - 2 posts
To the EOS Team?? - 1 posts
To the EOS Team?? - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers lead the way in communicating with their clients - 96 posts
Non Residents Tax - 3 posts
looking for help - 0 posts
Blatant Advert for our Guest House - 0 posts
La Canada Thefts - 5 posts
Malaga Airport Parking...Question - 9 posts
Spanish social security - 9 posts
Equality with community fees - 4 posts
Alternative offered!!!! - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 140

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x