Alternative offered!!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by Demented Star rating in I am in Cork, Irelan.... 33 posts Send private message

We had purchased in Playa Golf III and are now one of the lucky ones listed as a San Jose creditor. IWe received an e-mail out of the blue this week form our Solicitor who recieved a letter from San Jose offering us houses in El Pinet(lots more money - dont think so) and one house in Playa Golf R4. I am interested in hearing from anyone who has been offered an alternative house and especially if they have changed sucessfully or any pitfalls because Im certain there has to be a catch. The house we originally bought was in R2!!!!

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 4:29 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi EL Pinet dont touch with a barge pole, half finished for the last 4 years, people still trying to get there LFO and with out it can not get there own elec and water connected, paying the builder for water and elec (illegal) Which often gets cut off.Pat.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 4:49 PM by Demented Star rating in I am in Cork, Irelan.... 33 posts Send private message

Thanks for that patpur.... I cant believe that they can over us houses on sites that are in that situation!! We fell in luv with Playa Golf when we first went over and put a deposit on our house in 2006 so fngers cross for options in Playa Golf!!

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 5:46 PM by MAGICMEG Star rating in Scotland. 546 posts Send private message

Demented ,

What makes you think you are one of the lucky one because you are listed on the creditors list ,What Is your credit classed as ? unless it is a credit against the mass (which is unlikely ,as far as I am aware the court did not grant any purchasers credit against the mass ) You are far from lucky !!!!!!!!!!  MM

Nothing surprises me anymore  

but I am willing to accept that sometimes (although not very often ) I can be  wrong !

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 7:13 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Demented no problem, l wanted you to beware so you dont jump out of the frying pan into an even bigger fire.Pat

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 7:49 PM by Chimps Star rating. 117 posts Send private message

Hi Demented

I feel a Plan B moment coming on. Why are they offering you an alternative development?

Being on a creditors list when there is no money is not alot of good.  Bird in the hand etc

Your right .No extra money.  Less if anything, then go for clauses that you want in the contract. If you even switch to another property, even on the same site and if you havent got one now then ensure its covered with a Bank Guarantee

Remember.      They can always say no ?   As M.M and Patpur have confirmed .Be SOoooo careful however and learn from the past

Like 0      
29 Sep 2009 2:35 PM by Demented Star rating in I am in Cork, Irelan.... 33 posts Send private message

we have received an email from our solicitor informing us that if we do change to another house that we will have pay another 4% although we have already paid them 4% for the original house. Can someone let me know if this is standard or is it a case of trying to take advantage!!! We have told them not a chance but I would like to know the legal line!!!!!

Like 0      
29 Sep 2009 3:49 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Demented - there was a recent post from Martinbrothers on the Playa Golf thread to say that they now have an agreement with San Jose to complete on a property at PG III, having put their original deposit on a property at Santa Ana (Jumilla). 

Might be worth a chat with them about the details. 

There are literally hundreds of finished, vacant properties on Playa Golf II and III although CAM bank now own a lot of the builder's stock.  Why did San Jose refuse to allow you to complete in the first place - as they have continued to sell here throughout the administration period?

Hope you manage to get your property here!

Like 0      
29 Sep 2009 4:02 PM by Demented Star rating in I am in Cork, Irelan.... 33 posts Send private message

Apparently the loan on our particular property is still outstanding so that is why the cant exchange!! And then they have given us an alternative of one house we dont even get a chocie!!!So frustrating cause our original house is turn key ready!!! thanks for you tip I will take a venture over to the playa golf thread!!

Like 0      
29 Sep 2009 11:14 PM by MAGICMEG Star rating in Scotland. 546 posts Send private message

Dear Demented ,

From the very first post you made I was extremely concerned regards your lack of knowledge / understanding as to what is really going on with San Jose and the level of trust you seem to place in them .

I can only suggest that you read through the posts on all the  EOS forums for  San Jose developments ,ie Playa Golf 1,2&3.Santa Ana Del Monte and El Pinet .Also read through the general forum ie Lawyers thread ,completing on a property ,developers etc .

San Jose  in my opinion has become an unscrupulous and ruthless outfit along with the agents who represent them they are prepared to go to any lengths to con purchasers into a very bad situation with no regard for what happens after completion or for delivering legal properties .

Please ensure your lawyer is truly independent and be very careful .

Unfortunately in today's climate there are worse scenarios than not getting your house .Some who have their properties are in a worse situation with San Jose than those who do not  .Check everything ! cross every T and dot every i with the best independent lawyer you can afford .  Best Regards MM

but I am willing to accept that sometimes (although not very often ) I can be  wrong !

Like 0      
30 Sep 2009 9:21 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Just to follow on from MM's post - you should always ensure that your agent and/or lawyer gets an up to date Nota Simple for the completion, regardless of who you are buying from or through.  This should be done the day before the notary and shows the outstanding debt on the property.  You should also ensure that they have obtained a certificate from the administrator of the community, stating that the community fees are up to date - or you end up paying these too! 

I don't understand why SJ are only offering you one property as they still have a range of properties for sale, so don't accept a property you are not completely happy with.

Good luck

This message was last edited by claire T on 30/09/2009.

Like 0      
30 Sep 2009 9:45 AM by Demented Star rating in I am in Cork, Irelan.... 33 posts Send private message

Thanks Claire if we get that far we will most definetly look for an up to date Nota Simple!!!

As for my lack of knowledge of SJ - no different to anyone else I only have what im being told by solicitors and what Im reading and thats why I am asking as many questions here to people who are in the same situation!!

My level of trust in San Jose is ZERO!!!! We are trying to gather as much information as possible!!With well over a €100,000 to loose I am not going to walk away from that because has anyone succesfully gotten monies back??

Like 0      
30 Sep 2009 8:44 PM by MAGICMEG Star rating in Scotland. 546 posts Send private message

Only some of  those with Bank Guarantees have been able to recover anything so far , to my knowledge .MM

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Horizontal Property Act, Section 17 - 6 posts
CAM charges - 12 posts
Are Today's Newspapers Boring? - 5 posts
La Herradura. Montesinos - 3 posts
Uk Shopping In Spain - Consumer Advisor - 13 posts
Spanish banks on the ropes - 0 posts
Exciting, special scooter for sale! - 0 posts
VERY DISTINCTIVE JETSKI STOLEN FROM TORREVIEJA AREA. 3000 EURO REWARD. - 12 posts
Yet More UK Taxation... - 1 posts
Why are there no English speaking staff at Endesa Costa Del Sol offices - 8 posts
Looking for a healthier diet and lifestyle? - 4 posts
Who'd buy in Spain after this stark warning? - 20 posts
Polaris World - no thanks - 39 posts
Brand New Boxed 42inch LCD tv - 3 posts
Shipping Furniture to Murcia/Cartagena - 3 posts
Help! Spanish Banks: Minimum amount left in?/Regular transfers - 9 posts
JET 2 FLIGHTS - 2 posts
Solid Wood Table For Sale - 0 posts
Looking for a bilingual receptionist service in Spain - 3 posts
Child's bed - Mid Sleeper - 0 posts
Mortgage Rates - 1 posts
FORD FOCUS Estate - DIESEL - FOR SALE - 2002 - 2 Years ITV - 0 posts
duplicate nie - 2 posts
Car Hire Scam? - 2 posts
Targeta de transporte - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x