The price of building a villa in Spain - help please

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by DaveCol Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

I am planning to build a villa in Spain and I am trying to get my head around how much it will cost. Everyone I ask seems to give me a different figure from as little as 500 euros per square metre to around 2000 euros per square metre and more. Obviously it depends not only on where but also on whats included. The problem I have is that the specifications I recieve are too technical for me to really be able to understand what you get for what money.

Can anyone please give me an idea of how much I need to budget for per square metre for a 200 square metre villa excluding site aquisition and ground preparation costs but inlcuding everything else - keys in hand?

Can anyone recommend a switched on team who can do this for me?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Like 0      
25 Sep 2009 3:34 PM by b4ssy Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

It all depends on the finishings. I doubt very much that you could do it for €500 psm but it would be possible to do it from about €1000psm upwards.

I built my own villa using a project manager ( english but operating in Spain ). The price was fixed with the builder at the outset. The only extras were those that I had specified after the build had started.

Whereabouts are you?

Like 0      
25 Sep 2009 7:22 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi there

When we had our house built ( about 5 years ago) as well as the price for the builder we had to pay building licence fees to town hall, architect fees and connections for electricity and water. There were probably other things also but they are the main things I remember. I would say an extra 50,000 Euros on top of the construction costs.

If you get a quote please make sure you know what is included and remember that things always seem to cost more than you expect.

Jean

PS There are also fees to place property on your escitura.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish Limited Company - 2 posts
To the EOS Team?? - 1 posts
To the EOS Team?? - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers lead the way in communicating with their clients - 96 posts
Non Residents Tax - 3 posts
looking for help - 0 posts
Blatant Advert for our Guest House - 0 posts
La Canada Thefts - 5 posts
Malaga Airport Parking...Question - 9 posts
Spanish social security - 9 posts
Equality with community fees - 4 posts
Alternative offered!!!! - 12 posts
Horizontal Property Act, Section 17 - 6 posts
CAM charges - 12 posts
Are Today's Newspapers Boring? - 5 posts
La Herradura. Montesinos - 3 posts
Uk Shopping In Spain - Consumer Advisor - 13 posts
Spanish banks on the ropes - 0 posts
Exciting, special scooter for sale! - 0 posts
VERY DISTINCTIVE JETSKI STOLEN FROM TORREVIEJA AREA. 3000 EURO REWARD. - 12 posts
Yet More UK Taxation... - 1 posts
Why are there no English speaking staff at Endesa Costa Del Sol offices - 8 posts
Looking for a healthier diet and lifestyle? - 4 posts
Who'd buy in Spain after this stark warning? - 20 posts
Polaris World - no thanks - 39 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x