Control of the Community (Entity)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by Nosey Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

There are 150+ villas on our development here in Murcia but we are having problems with the Developer/Builder not releasing the Entity (Community) to the residents. The Town Hall  accepted the Developer and his merry men as a provisional Committee to initially set-up and run the Entity (Community) at creation but will not acknowledge or accept the new Committee to take over,as voted by the residents. This is causing major problems, for example a charge of approx 300 euros per month per villa for Community charges, no work whatsoever done on site like emptying of rubbish bins, tidying the green areas, cleaning the roads. We as a Community just don´t know what we need to do next and we need help. We need to take control, we need a good HONEST Administrator who will work on our behalf and we need this fairly quickly.  At 300 euros per month per house and all of the contracts given to the Developers own Company we can understand why he won´t let go but there must be a way to get him out---legally!!

This message was last edited by Nosey on 25/09/2009.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2009 9:58 AM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Dear Nosey.

What is happening in your community is not legal. You have voted and that vote must be respected. Communities for to long have been money machines hence the crooks (and let them sue me) hang on for dear life. Unless you live in the most luxurious community in Spain and depending on your m2 what you are being charged is a downright robbery. We are at present communicating with a worst case scernario of daylight robbery in the Canaries. I think your case is similar. Do not let them do it, you have the law on your side. Chin up and fight on.

This message was last edited by myra cecilia on 26/09/2009.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
26 Sep 2009 12:04 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I don't really understand the connection between your community and the Town Hall. Local authorities have no say in the running or administration of individual communities, they are legally registered at the land registry by a notary, not the town hall.

How many properties remain unsold, ie. still owned by the developer? If he holds a majority, he has you by the short and curlies. He can out-vote the rest of you.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 Sep 2009 12:36 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Hello Roberto. In this case we could presume that it is a recently new developement or one which needed to be urbanised, access etc. In many cases the community can be assisted and even come under the town hall until it puts its infrastructure in place.  The community can then decide to set up on its own.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
26 Sep 2009 12:42 PM by spanishsolicitor Star rating in Murcia. 140 posts Send private message

spanishsolicitor´s avatar

Hi Rob

Nosey is referring to the 'Entidades Urbanisticas de Conservacion'
Large developments, for instance La Torre Golf Resort are not entirely privates and  at certain stages of its construction their roads, lighting or rubbish collectors belong to the municipality. They have their private ‘Estatutos’ as any other community as well a public Estatutos (an agreement between the Town Hall and the Community regulating the duties of each one)
My friend David Searl  author of 'You and the law in Spain' explain very good the concept in his great book

Like 0      
26 Sep 2009 12:42 PM by Committee Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hi Roberto

As Myra states, we are actually classified as an arm of the Town Hall and are therefore called an Entity as oppossed to a Community.

However your view point is appreciated as is the information provided by Myra.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2009 12:48 PM by spanishsolicitor Star rating in Murcia. 140 posts Send private message

spanishsolicitor´s avatar

Committee 

It would be a good idea to have a good translation of the public estatutos of your 'entity'

Like 0      
26 Sep 2009 12:55 PM by Nosey Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

We have just had the Statutes translated and have drawn up a list of modifications

but in the meantime the original rules apply.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2009 6:24 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Happy to be corrected. Learn something new every day!

Entity does sound rather like something out of a sci-fi horror - was it Stephen King? Seems like your situation is a bit of a horror too. Good luck with finding a solution.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
05 Oct 2009 9:34 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Here is how our community is run, a quote from the 2009 AGM minutes,

"The board accepts renewal on condition that they be allowed complete freedom in their respective posts and extensive power of decision to act on behalf of the community"

Tomorrow the world..............

Poppyseed

Like 0      
06 Oct 2009 4:20 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Bit like the EU, then?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Oct 2009 8:33 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi poppyseed that just sounds like our community that's why i am putting my name up at the next Agm and change things for the better Irene 

Like 0      
06 Oct 2009 8:40 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Roberto, my thoughts exactly..........!!

Irene, would love to get involved myself but do not spend enough time there yet or know enough Spanish. In the meantime we are supporting some Spanish residents who are trying to get things changed and a new president.

Regards, Poppyseed

Poppyseed

Like 0      
07 Oct 2009 9:53 AM by davmunster Star rating in Carvajal\Belfast. 843 posts Send private message

davmunster´s avatar

As VP of Irene's community I have a slightly different perspective. In the 2 years since we started there have been 6 general meetings at which all major decisions have been taken. We have faced all kinds of problems which I guess most new communities do.

I would like to have seen us make more rapid progress than we have but compared to some of the situations you read about on EOS we are in pretty good shape.

David

Like 0      
07 Oct 2009 1:23 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Hi a question for Maria,

We had an EGM  two weeks ago and voted  to take more non payers (of community fees) to court. It was then agreed to put lists of non payers on the notice boards within the entrance halls of the property.  However somebody has now put more notices on the communal  entrance doors to the properties, and these lists can now be veiwed by the passing public who do not have a vested interest in the community affairs. I am concerned that we may be acting illegally and I also think that for any persons who are trying to sell there property that this will have a negative impact.  It is my opinion that our community affairs should be kept in house.

Thank you await your reply.

Kathy

Like 0      
07 Oct 2009 6:16 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Not sure about the legal aspect - I'll leave that one to Maria or the other professionals to answer. But......just as a general point, in light of what many of us know now, it's a damned good idea for anyone thinking of buying a re-sale, to do their best to find out about the state of the community before commiting to a purchase. Easier said than done in most cases, but when viewing a property, always try to keep an eye out for that pesky notice board, make an excuse to drift over to have a nose at it, even try to check out who the administrator is and try to get in touch and find out if they are willing to divulge any useful info. Is the community heavily indebted? Is it planning a major overhaul - new lifts, painting the building etc? Not things most people think about when in buying mode, but since I've yet to come across the utopian community with absolutely no problems, perhaps we should do.

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fine for not submitting modelo 212 in time ? whose fault? - 3 posts
Part time virtual receptionist easily combined with another job at the computer - 0 posts
What Now - 0 posts
Yamaha Keyboard Repairs? - 0 posts
Scooter insurance - 1 posts
The price of building a villa in Spain - help please - 2 posts
Spanish Limited Company - 2 posts
To the EOS Team?? - 1 posts
To the EOS Team?? - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers lead the way in communicating with their clients - 96 posts
Non Residents Tax - 3 posts
looking for help - 0 posts
Blatant Advert for our Guest House - 0 posts
La Canada Thefts - 5 posts
Malaga Airport Parking...Question - 9 posts
Spanish social security - 9 posts
Equality with community fees - 4 posts
Alternative offered!!!! - 12 posts
Horizontal Property Act, Section 17 - 6 posts
CAM charges - 12 posts
Are Today's Newspapers Boring? - 5 posts
La Herradura. Montesinos - 3 posts
Uk Shopping In Spain - Consumer Advisor - 13 posts
Spanish banks on the ropes - 0 posts
Exciting, special scooter for sale! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x