Do you know my Grandad? Please look :)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by emmahaynes Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

My Grandad recently contacted my Mum after several years of not seeing each other, I was ecstatic to learn this and couldn’t wait to go and meet him, but alas me and my mum had a blazing row and now she refuses to give me his address.

The only information I have about him is as follows:

His name is Anthony Haynes (Tony for short)
He lives in Malága in a two bedroomed townhouse (Which is white in the picture that I have of him)
He has a partner (Or did the last I knew!) He is originally from London and is a retired bus driver. He was married to my nanna, Marjorie Haynes and subsequently had my Mum, Nicola Haynes.
He is tall and has grey hair and is a ladies man! Being quite partial to German women (Or so I have heard!)
He has a problem with his back which requires surgery-he may actually have had the op now.

This really means a lot to me as I have three children who I know he is dying to meet, it’s just so sad that it has come to this in order for me to try and find him. I can’t search for him through telephone records as he only has a mobile, so other than this I’m stumped.

I don’t expect anything other than if someone who reads this knows him-please tell him I’m trying to find him. Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 5:35 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Although I don't live in Malaga, there are  English papers all over the Costas; some are free and some are paid-for. Why don't you get in touch with them and ask them to print your plea? I looked on line and found this:

http://www.costa-news.com

but I'm sure there are loads more and I'm sure that someone living in Malaga will tell you the names of the papers.

Good luck in your search!

Irene

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 11:49 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi Emma,

I have just done a google on 'FREE NEWSPAPERS  IN MALAGA  AREA"

it has brought up the following websites

www.town-crier.com

www.weeklynews.com

go onto the 'CONTACT US"  on the top of the page.

GOOD LUCK.

let us know how you get on.

coolyes

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 12:15 PM by emmahaynes Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks guys, I've done the circuit with the newspapers and they all say the same thing, a paid classified ad. It's not paying that bothers me (well I'm far from rich) but I don't mind paying a few quid here and there. It's knowing that he's not going to see it, he doesn't even know I'm in Spain so it's unlikely he'll look.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway :)

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 12:16 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Emma

The most popular and mostly read british newpapers in the area are,

http://www.surinenglish.com/

http://www.euroweeklynews.com/

Its odds on that your grandad will read one if not both.

Best of Luck

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 12:43 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Emma,

Does your Mother know you are in Spain?  Would she not relent if she knew sometimes things are worth a second chance. Life is to short.  

I know I would if that was me.

Give it a go.

Let us know how you get on

Pat  

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 12:43 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Emma,

Does your Mother know you are in Spain?  Would she not relent if she knew sometimes things are worth a second chance. Life is to short.  

I know I would if that was me.

Give it a go.

Let us know how you get on

Pat  

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 3:21 PM by merrylegs Star rating in Switzerland. 50 posts Send private message

merrylegs´s avatar

Hi Emma,  I would contact your Mum again. Tell her it's important for you to contact your grandfather.  However, I can understand if she is less than positive in her response.  Try to put yourself in her shoes - the fact that you are trying to contact the man who probably hurt her is very difficult for her to accept.  Try to make her understand that your feelings for her will not change whatever eventually happens between you and your grandfather.  Another possibility is to contact the office where people living permanently in the Malaga region have to register.  Alternatively, contact the Pensions people in the UK. You said your grandfather worked in the UK, so the chances are that he is receiving a pension.  Of course, the information you seek is probably confidential, but somebody somwhere may be willing to pass on a message.

Good luck!

This message was last edited by merrylegs on 27/09/2009.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2009 12:02 PM by keith77 Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

Hi

May be worth a it to try the same question on www.viva-malaga.com.

reards

keith

This message was last edited by keith77 on 09/10/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Corredor - 0 posts
Surname spelt wrong on - 0 posts
Money back to UK - 1 posts
Aifos - 0 posts
New charges fro BA - 2 posts
Control of the Community (Entity) - 15 posts
Fine for not submitting modelo 212 in time ? whose fault? - 3 posts
Part time virtual receptionist easily combined with another job at the computer - 0 posts
What Now - 0 posts
Yamaha Keyboard Repairs? - 0 posts
Scooter insurance - 1 posts
The price of building a villa in Spain - help please - 2 posts
Spanish Limited Company - 2 posts
To the EOS Team?? - 1 posts
To the EOS Team?? - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers lead the way in communicating with their clients - 96 posts
Non Residents Tax - 3 posts
looking for help - 0 posts
Blatant Advert for our Guest House - 0 posts
La Canada Thefts - 5 posts
Malaga Airport Parking...Question - 9 posts
Spanish social security - 9 posts
Equality with community fees - 4 posts
Alternative offered!!!! - 12 posts
Horizontal Property Act, Section 17 - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x