BEWARE OF GOLDCAR

Spain Airport Car Hire
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Oct 2009 8:04 AM by sterling Star rating in Kent & Partaloa, Alm.... 206 posts Send private message

I am still waiting for Carjet to respond to my other compalints regarding the dreaded  Crapcar, oops i mean Goldcar. I have had €20refunded for the diesel but the list goes on and I wont stop until I get some bloody answers.

It seems that we all have been given the dreaded Berlingo, or Citreon multispace popemobile thing. Perhaps thats the only car they have, that would explain why its in such a state and it's never ready when we arrive.

Like 0      
20 Oct 2009 9:02 AM by merrylegs Star rating in Switzerland. 50 posts Send private message

merrylegs´s avatar

Oh dear, this is not encouraging!  I have been looking at car-hire sites regularly as I will be in Spain at the beginning of December, and Car Jet seemed to come out best, reccomended by a few people too!  Some of the sites I looked at frankly I wouldn't hire a horse and cart from, but the thought of riding around in a sort of Popemobile (complete with Del Boy's pre-blessed wine?) for two months doesn't fill me with joy either, not to mention the less than professional service Gold Car offers.  The way I see it is that I have two options - reserve the car with Car Jet but state that I do not want to deal with Gold Car, or hire the care at home before I leave for pick-up in Spain.  Much easier to control things from the home-front methinks!

Like 0      
22 Oct 2009 1:21 PM by sunseeker7 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Having read this thread, I've now checked the Goldcar rental agreement and found we were charged for Fuel - 56E and Diesel 20E. The car was a Diesel Ford Fiesta. Do you think we also should be given a refund? We were sent to Goldcar by DoyouSpain who we have always dealt with and found them to be very fair.

Eileen

Like 0      
22 Oct 2009 1:58 PM by Pinot Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

Tech - With regard to Carjet I take out their "Top UP" insurance which I book in the UK via the carjet website.  This saves all the hasstle at Murcia San Javier Airport.

I go out in a few days time and it will be the first time I will use Goldcar through carjet - will be interesting to see how efficient it all is.  They have obviously been cutting down on staff and cars in Spain due to the recession - but should not run the risk of losing good clients.

Perhaps a nice second-hand vehicle to leave out in Spain would be the answer??

Pinot

Like 0      
22 Oct 2009 5:19 PM by sterling Star rating in Kent & Partaloa, Alm.... 206 posts Send private message

Sunseaker 7,

If you did not ask for a diesel car then yes, you should ask for a refund, no DEMAND a refund. The crooks at Goldcar have done the same thing to so many people this year as well as adding the other costs i.e, charging €75 for diesel when the car only has a 50 litre tank !!!! it's a discrace.

Like 0      
28 Oct 2009 9:55 AM by Si`s partner Star rating in WEYBRIDGE , Surrey U.... 60 posts Send private message

Have now had an email reply from TRAVEL JIGSAW , thru whom I booked my car hire !

When I first called them about my appalling experience the guy I was takling too was amazed at what I told him , at first agreed that I was treated badly , had been given a car unfit for purpose and in a dangerous condition , he then went on to say that I had to take it up with GOLDCAR direct , I reminded him that in fact my Contract was with Traveljigsaw , the fact they passed me onto a dodgy carhire 3rd party was actually down to them and they are therefore liable , it is up to them as the Contract issuer and the ones taking the payment , to make sure their `clients` are looked after, given safe and clean cars ( already paid for) and if they don`t check out the 3rd party they pass on `clients` to then they are very much liable , especially as I have the Contract in my hand with all confirmed BEFORE I left for Malaga Airport !!

The latest email is that they are looking into my claim and can take up to 28 days!

Will keep you all posted on the progress!!

Vee

This message was last edited by Si`s partner on 28/10/2009.

Like 0      
28 Oct 2009 6:53 PM by sterling Star rating in Kent & Partaloa, Alm.... 206 posts Send private message

What a bloody cheek,talk about pass the f@@***** buck. Keep at them Si, dont wait 28 days keep bugging the life out of them.

Go girl.!!!!......XX

Like 0      
29 Oct 2009 3:31 PM by diverdan Star rating in Scotland / Greenock .... 119 posts Send private message

For the last 5-6 years I have visited on a regular basis and always found carjet to be good. As you can imagine we have been sent to many hire companies. never any problem.

The last time I was out I was directed to Goldcar and all went well as usual.

I returned the car half full - 3 day hire - and sat back to wait for my fuel credit. it so far has never arrived.

Have now got carjet chasing up Goldcar for the money. Will see what happens..........

dd

Looking forward to a long retirement in the sun..........

Like 0      
29 Oct 2009 3:57 PM by sterling Star rating in Kent & Partaloa, Alm.... 206 posts Send private message

I thought it stated on the hire contract that they don't give refunds for unused fuel.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2009 4:00 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

I think you have to return it full to get the refund! I do not think they will refund you 50% of a tankful. Was it under 3 days. I think they are strict if it just goes over. Not the best company to use.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2009 5:57 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Ive been hearing nightmare stories about GOLDCAR. They have been accusing people of stealing seats and car parts and charging outragous amounts from their credit cards to replace them... up to 2000 pounds!!! Why would anyone return a car then steal the seats (not childrens mobile seats but actual car seats).

My friend put a deposit down and acccidently came thru the airport doors to the otherside of the GOLDCAR desk to get her car. They spoke to her like a piece of dog crap accusing her of pushing in the line and all sorts... yet it was an honest mistake. They made her wait till the end to punish her before she could get her car.. left her really upset.

I would never use GOLDCAR!

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
29 Oct 2009 7:07 PM by martin o Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Hi

I hired a car last week for 4 days with Goldcar I booked a small car the girl at the desk said we can give you a bigger car i asked how much I would be charged for fuel 64 euro she said do you want extra insurance I replied no.I got a fiat punto Grande diesal reg 3494FLS  when I got into the car there was a slight smell. driving down the road I took down the sun visor it was only attached on one side and bopped up and down in front of me .The windscreen was dirty.When we reached our destination my son could not open the rear passenger door from the inside .I had a look the child proof catch was missing so we had to live with it. next day the smell in the car was worse when parked in the sun.the boot was also filthy and the rear seat was all stains.when I looked at my paperwork I had been charged an extra 22 Euro for windscreen cover.I was only going for 4 days and did not wish to waste time running back with it. I have emailed them and they have offered me a free upgrade which is useless as I will never use them Again.

Regards

Martin

Like 0      
29 Oct 2009 9:55 PM by sterling Star rating in Kent & Partaloa, Alm.... 206 posts Send private message

Thats what they offered me, a free upgrade.... I assured them that I would not hire a spoon from them let alone a car.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2009 11:53 PM by Si`s partner Star rating in WEYBRIDGE , Surrey U.... 60 posts Send private message

Still waiting for a reply from TRAVELJIGSAW regarding the rip off and crap car I had to put up with , as I said before, if anyone is unhappy and realises they have been `mugged` by Goldcar the only way to safeguard yourselves is to put a stop on the Credit Card you paid `em with, that way the thieving sh.ts can`t help themselves to more of your cash !!

Also complain to whoever you booked with in UK , your contract is in fact with them and NOT Goldcar , they are the ones ripping you off AFTER the Company you booked with have passed you onto them .therefore your claim is against , Carjet , Traveljigsaw or whoever you initially paid and had confirmation from in UK.

Hope this helps , can also contacy Trading Standards too !!

Vee

Like 0      
30 Oct 2009 10:26 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Hmmm just checked my credit card statment for my couple of days in September.

I have been charged £59.30 for a tank of fuel and have had no refund despite returning it full and hiring it for less than 4 days (If you hire for less than 4 days they will refund for unused fuel apparently - hmmm!!!).

Just emailed Auto Europe (who i got the car through) and I am awaiting a response.

Damm Goldcar chancers.  I should of been more vigilant.  I am sure i never had this sort of problem before.

I will let you all know when i hear something .... don't hold your breaths ;-)

Ps. I think the rule is at the Goldcar desk say NO to every added extra!  I get so disheartened when i am stuck in the Goldcar queue hearing people agreeing to all the added insurance scams/scaremongering when the car is already insured.  JUST SAY NO ;-)

Like 0      
30 Oct 2009 4:15 PM by sterling Star rating in Kent & Partaloa, Alm.... 206 posts Send private message

We didn't ask for the extra insurance but were still charged it anyway!!!!! Damn cheek

Like 0      
30 Oct 2009 5:07 PM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

Friends of ours hired a car through Carjet with Goldcar for two days. Of course they were charged a minimum of 3 days but that's standard so ok. They were told that when they returned the car they would be refunded any unused fuel. My friend asked what would happen if he returned it full (trying to play the game!) he was told the most he would be refunded was 7/8. So they get you that way too!!!!

Like 0      
05 Nov 2009 11:24 PM by harthillfoxes Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

We hired a 7 seater VW toran from Goldcar for a long weekend in sept . As there were 6 people in our party we needed the extra seats. On our return my friends credit card bill arrived with an extra charge of 2000 euros, we were accused of stealing the 2 rear car seats! obviously this is unbelievable, we needed the extra seats to sit on. We  have sent countless emails and made several phone calls to Goldcar but their answer is simply, the seats are missing and it is more likely that we removed them rather than a member of their staff. We are now at a total loss as how to proceed , dealing with a foreign company seems to mean we have no one to turn to. Our next stop is citizens advice. At the moment the credit card company have put the payment on hold,however it is our resposibility to resolve the situation and in the mean time the amount is gaining interest. We would be grateful for any advice.

Like 0      
06 Nov 2009 9:08 AM by sterling Star rating in Kent & Partaloa, Alm.... 206 posts Send private message

Your first port of call should be the company (agent) who you originally made the reservation with. I can't believe Goldcar have accused you of stealing the seats...it's almost laughable. What on earth would you use them for and where on earth would you put them !!!!!! Considering that you where only there for the weekend.. Its a joke 

I do hope you get some resolve on this. It's about time all these car hire agents stopped using Goldcar as a hire option.

I know that Carjet have not..but they have asked me to stipulate that I dont want to be given a car from Goldcar whrn I book in future.

Like 0      
06 Nov 2009 3:34 PM by sadlerfin Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

Now i'm worried! Have booked wiht carjet and they tell me the car hire co is Goldcar.

Do I assume from these threads that I would be better paying here in the UK in £ including any surcharge I take, this I guess would avoid the £/€ scam.

Always used Holiday autos in the past with no issues, think I will cancel my carjet booking.

Derek

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

La Tasa Anual Equivalente TAE? - 8 posts
where to buy safety/stairs gates for kids - 2 posts
Google Toolbar Translator - 2 posts
Key holding and cleaning on an ''as and when required'' basis ? - 2 posts
A few items needed! - 0 posts
Old Fool - 51 posts
Guardia Civil - 7 posts
EHIC - Changes to Procedures - 0 posts
fed up with spanish bank - 6 posts
Sotogrande Support Group for Depression/Anxiety - 0 posts
Can we afford to live in Spain - 9 posts
Moped ITV - 1 posts
Instant Access International Spanish office - closed down Feb 2009 - 1 posts
Finally found a copy of the highway code and set out below a rough translation: - 4 posts
Bank holiday - 2 posts
Driving to Gibraltar - 12 posts
Fiscal Residence - 4 posts
Sunbeds - 2 posts
breakdown recovery - 0 posts
Has the Spanish Property Market reached its bottom? - 11 posts
Guests left stranded at Almeria airport!! - 4 posts
Interesting article re the property market - 1 posts
La Yenka - 0 posts
Selling In Spain - Agents or not? - 5 posts
No Claims Certificate? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 106

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x