Sky tv in Spain, the time is coming to watch out.!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Aug 2009 9:54 AM by xpatman Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

AND THE WINNER IS ME

Like 0      
29 Aug 2009 9:56 AM by tobywoods123 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

GOD THESE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE ARE SO SAD,... .JAHA AHHAHAHAHAHHAHA AH HAHA AHAH AH HAH AHHAHAHHA  HA HAHH AHAHAHA AHA               

Like 0      
29 Aug 2009 4:43 PM by xpatman Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

BE AWARE THE SKY POLICE ARE COMING! 

Like 0      
29 Jan 2011 10:53 PM by mrskytv Star rating in Alicante & Malaga. 31 posts Send private message

mrskytv´s avatar

It is now 2011 are they still coming?

Like 0      
23 Oct 2012 1:03 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

is there any substance in this??????? aimed at the experts on here......this apparently is the new sky footprint,anyone outside the line will lose sky signal????

This message was last edited by georgia on 23/10/2012.

Like 0      
23 Oct 2012 2:47 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Well considering that is the footprint for astra 1N that was published by Astra a few months before launch of the satellite, and that has been carrying UK TV for over a year or so now, then no, you wil not lose channels, and will in fact have found that reception in Spain has actually improved.

And that is only showing one beam out of the 7 beams used for UK TV on the 4 UKTV satellites. So even if you did lose channels on that one beam, you will still have channels on 6 other beams.

Also that print does not show ANY thing with regards to signal strength or dish sizes required - just lines. So there is nothing on that to determine what sized dishes are required where. In fact as it is 1Ns print, we konw that a 1m dish gets the 1N channels nice and eay in Spain...so parhaps the outer line is the 80cm dish size..(but then I can get 1N on an 80cm dish here in Valencia - so even that is wrong!). Also these are alway "predicted" prints, not actual prints. And ,as with previous maps, the maps have always been a bit more conservative athan actual reception.

Sky dont own the satellies. Sky dont operate the satellitres. Sky dont control the footprints. Sky, and all the other UK TV broadcasters, rent space on the satellites from the satellite owners / operators. BBC ITV C4 and Five are nothing to do with Sky.

This message was last edited by satandpcguy on 23/10/2012.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
23 Oct 2012 3:52 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

someone actually posted that on my facebook page,i do appreciate your comments as i am totally ignorant in all this,the comments i think was......

The extarnial line is a 3 meter dish so work it out

I hope its rubbish,after putting up with re broadcasted tv for so long and finally investing in a 2.4m sky plus box etc...i would be dissapointed to think it was going now!!

Like 0      
23 Oct 2012 4:21 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

And I have commented on a facebook thread  (SYSS? If not please PM the facebook group this is on?) where this has appeared and have said the map is for a satellite that was launched a year ago, and is nothing to do with the new satellites . What reception will be like on those new satellites in Spain no-one can say before it happens... but no matter what you will not lose ALL channels.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Meson Rocio, Sabinillas - 17 posts
C Bar in the port - 4 posts
SPAIN UNCUT-UNPAID - 0 posts
Illogical Captain, totally illogical... - 3 posts
Drop down menus - 4 posts
Establishing a company in 24 hours? - 4 posts
First time driving from North West UK - Murcia - 9 posts
Buying Mopeds While in Espana - 11 posts
Bar Work Wages / Monthly Income - 9 posts
Wages / Income For Bar work - 0 posts
Disney looking for land - 10 posts
Trying to book a holiday rental online, not a good experience. - 25 posts
Vehicle import tax - 7 posts
Spanish courses in Valencia?? - 1 posts
spanish Courses in Valencia?? - 3 posts
Do I need a license to rent out my apartment? Valencia region - 22 posts
help required - 2 posts
% Spanish Property Drop Since Sept 2008 - 1 posts
Ban on 'Speedos'.................. - 11 posts
TAPAS RECOMMENDATIONS - 0 posts
Wealth Tax Help!! - 7 posts
New Post Alerts - 8 posts
I love lidl - 2 posts
This made me laugh - 8 posts
Apostille and Embassy Legalization on Buying Property - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 88

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x