Establishing a company in 24 hours?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

14 Aug 2009 12:22 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I'll believe that when I see it!  In Gibraltar you'd imagine it would be possible but in Spain?

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2009 12:32 PM by costas Star rating in Estepona. 33 posts Send private message

Hi Maria,

This sentence says it all:

"A solicitor or any person trained in Administrative burocracy will be needed for the rest of the requirements.  It is advisable though to use a lawyer with Administrative Law formation who will be able to overcome possible pitfalls or administative errors"

With all due respect, it is not practically possible to have a company formed within 24 weeks, let alone 24 hours. I understand that you are making it clear that it is the theory using the Notario, but the very fact that a Notario is needed (when he/she is not at breakfast, documents are *all* available and you don't have to go back 13 times) is already showing how unproductive the system is.

I am not British, I am greek and that qualifies me to know inefficiency when I see it! :-) We have plenty back home. But I lived in Britain for 12 years, and I have formed a company there in 48 hours. That was in 1995, it's even easier now with the internet. There was a list of documents required (so that you have it all first time! Unheard of here), a fee to pay by cheque, and memorandum of association (a template was included to make it easy for people). No lawyer. No costs. I've tried the same here - I don't need to explain what a hassle that was, you know already.

I'm not being nasty, I am just pointing out that, an an independent foreigner, this country does NOT encourage entrepreneurs AT ALL. And therefore cannot advance with the situation as is.

So, it's nice for the Official Gazette to explain why there may be delays in establishing a company.... but that is no good to anyone - they shouldn't be there at all!!

Like 0      
14 Aug 2009 1:41 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Hi Costas!
What the article is trying to show is that the President of the General Council of Lawyers think that with the telematic means now available to Notaries, they can establish ( legally make the legal entity born) within 24-48 hours. No registrar´s control is needed. That will save time.

A different thing is that once the Baby is born, he/she needs the required registration, controls, tax recording.... that...no doubt needs to be made by an efficient paperwork manager, which if also is a lawyer with a good training in fighting against the Administration better than better.

Good to read you!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
14 Aug 2009 2:36 PM by costas Star rating in Estepona. 33 posts Send private message

Ah, I see. Well yeah, it did surprise me to see such an efficient possibility in Spain. Mind you, the police is quite efficient when it comes to giving parking tickets, so there's hope somehow! :)

Saludos from Manilva

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

First time driving from North West UK - Murcia - 9 posts
Buying Mopeds While in Espana - 11 posts
Bar Work Wages / Monthly Income - 9 posts
Wages / Income For Bar work - 0 posts
Disney looking for land - 10 posts
Trying to book a holiday rental online, not a good experience. - 25 posts
Vehicle import tax - 7 posts
Spanish courses in Valencia?? - 1 posts
spanish Courses in Valencia?? - 3 posts
Do I need a license to rent out my apartment? Valencia region - 22 posts
help required - 2 posts
% Spanish Property Drop Since Sept 2008 - 1 posts
Ban on 'Speedos'.................. - 11 posts
TAPAS RECOMMENDATIONS - 0 posts
Wealth Tax Help!! - 7 posts
New Post Alerts - 8 posts
I love lidl - 2 posts
This made me laugh - 8 posts
Apostille and Embassy Legalization on Buying Property - 4 posts
More flights to Spain for those of us Oop North!! - 3 posts
Power of atturney - 1 posts
Villa in Benalmadena/La Carihuela - 4 posts
Moving to spain in 9 months - 12 posts
SELLING AND CHANGING OWNERSHIP OF SPANISH CAR - 2 posts
Moving to Madrid..but don't have a clue! - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x