Meson Rocio, Sabinillas

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar

Had  two great lunches here.  We went for the tapas / racion option (calamares and ensalade patatas russo great!) but they also do boccadillos or a menu of the day for 8 euros which seemed to be very popular and included a salad or soup to start, fish, chicken or meat with salad or chips for main and an ice cream or creme caramel or coffee to finish plus a soft drink or beer or wine (locals seemed to be going for the tinto verrano).  Really good value.

Caroline

Like 0      
15 Aug 2009 10:54 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Where is this one Caroline, we will try it out in Sept.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
15 Aug 2009 11:54 AM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar

Hi Maureen,

From beach front.  Start  at Sisters and walk towards 340 and you should spot it.  It has large parasols and a big outside area so is pretty easy to spot.  Think the menu of the day was until about 4pm.  It's actually quite close to the temporary free underground summer parking in Sabi too.  If you come out of the underground parking heading towards the sea but take the first right and follow that road in the direction of Duquesa you will spot it on the corner too.  There's always loads of parking spaces there too.

Caroline

Like 0      
15 Aug 2009 2:57 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Will try it out, I didn't know about that car park, so that will come in handy.

When will we see you back out in Duquesa.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
15 Aug 2009 3:52 PM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar

Not booked up yet as Neale's dad is ill but maybe Oct or November or new year.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2009 5:58 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I am out with my friend on 5th Oct for a week, not sure about new year, if I thought there was plenty out we would be over.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
15 Aug 2009 6:11 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Oy, you two!!  You're meant to be talking meatballs, not meet-ups!!  (Oooh, I feel like a moderator!!)

Can add to the review for Meson Rocio - very friendly, very Spanish, very good value food!  The calamares was excellent - melt in the mouth!  Good to visit for lunch.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2009 7:20 PM by merrylegs Star rating in Switzerland. 50 posts Send private message

merrylegs´s avatar

I will be staying in Casares in December/January, thus I have noted the Meson Rocio as Sabinillas is close by.

Any other suggestions of good restaurants/bars in the general Casares/Marbella/Gibralter area greatly appreciated!

Like 0      
15 Aug 2009 11:41 PM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar

The chiringuito on the beach at the Casares Costa roundabout is good.  We love the Casa Meson Jimenez on the 340 at Sabinillas (near Colonia Infantil) just before Duquesa too.  They have a lovely big courtyard and do great food on an evening, flamenco guitar on Fridays and tapas etc during the day.

Caroline

Like 0      
16 Aug 2009 8:00 AM by merrylegs Star rating in Switzerland. 50 posts Send private message

merrylegs´s avatar

That does sound good Caroline - many thanks!

Like 0      
16 Aug 2009 9:58 AM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

I can agree with Carolinej on  the Casa Meson Jimenez. We stayed there for 5 days 2 weeks ago. The food is impecable, probably the best steak I have ever tasted.

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
16 Aug 2009 10:11 AM by merrylegs Star rating in Switzerland. 50 posts Send private message

merrylegs´s avatar

Thanks Phil - I can almost taste the steak!

Like 0      
16 Aug 2009 10:48 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

My mouth is watering, must try all these new one's, thanks for the info on them.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
20 Mar 2010 1:15 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Hi

Anyone know of a place called Fox's in Sabinellas and how to get to it, it has been recommended for real good English food for visitors who are a bit 'picky' and we are bringing one of those out with us in July.

Jojan

Like 0      
20 Mar 2010 1:50 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Jojan

Fox's : if you head to the sea from the main Sabinillas roundabout and turn left (after passing the church on your right) onto Calle Marques de Larios (I think it's where Acute hairdressers is on one corner and the Telefonica/Movistar shop on the other) and you'll find it down that road on the right, on a corner.  I hope I've got that right!!

Just reading this thread again, thought I'd mention that Casa Meson Jimenez seems to have now closed - and is up for sale.  What a shame!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 20/03/2010.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2010 5:57 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Follow this link it'll show you where it is

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&ie=UTF8&om=1&layer=c&ll=36.367546,-5.225648&spn=0,359.691353&z=12&cbll=36.367546,-5.225648&panoid=mf2kN0BdCsRdujZRD49Trg&cbp=12,146.11,,0,12.65

Shame about the Jimenez, stayed there last year while we were seaching to buy.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2010 8:15 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Hi philevans

sorry I have tried that but it isn't working - help!

Jojan

Like 0      
20 Mar 2010 8:29 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Hi JoJan

Have you got Adobe Flash Player installed. you need version 9 or greater to run google street map

http://maps.google.com/support/bin/static.py?page=known_issues.cs

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

C Bar in the port - 4 posts
SPAIN UNCUT-UNPAID - 0 posts
Illogical Captain, totally illogical... - 3 posts
Drop down menus - 4 posts
Establishing a company in 24 hours? - 4 posts
First time driving from North West UK - Murcia - 9 posts
Buying Mopeds While in Espana - 11 posts
Bar Work Wages / Monthly Income - 9 posts
Wages / Income For Bar work - 0 posts
Disney looking for land - 10 posts
Trying to book a holiday rental online, not a good experience. - 25 posts
Vehicle import tax - 7 posts
Spanish courses in Valencia?? - 1 posts
spanish Courses in Valencia?? - 3 posts
Do I need a license to rent out my apartment? Valencia region - 22 posts
help required - 2 posts
% Spanish Property Drop Since Sept 2008 - 1 posts
Ban on 'Speedos'.................. - 11 posts
TAPAS RECOMMENDATIONS - 0 posts
Wealth Tax Help!! - 7 posts
New Post Alerts - 8 posts
I love lidl - 2 posts
This made me laugh - 8 posts
Apostille and Embassy Legalization on Buying Property - 4 posts
More flights to Spain for those of us Oop North!! - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x