Buying a spanish reg car before moving to spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by scutanya Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Everybody,

I hope someone can tell me what is what. 

We are moving to spain in November and have yet to get our NIE numbers and want to buy a Spanish reg left hand drive car before we go.  I have seen some info on the web that says that you cant buy a spanish reg car without having an NIE Number.

Can you tell me if it is possible for me to drive a spanish reg car down to spain without having it registered and how long do I have to register it in spain??

I hope someone can help.

Best regards,

Tanya  

Like 0      
11 Aug 2009 10:11 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

How are you going to buy a spanish registered car, on the internet?   If so what does the company say is needed to buy the car?

I know there are some internet companies who offer LHD cars which are registered in Spain.  The one thing to be wary of is doing a check to make sure there aren't any debts on these cars as you will be liable for them.  Also if you don't have to correct paperwork then you will be unable to register it in your name.

If buying the car in UK you would have to register it with the DVLA and then register it in Spain.  Would you be able to get the car insured without being the registered owner?  As you are importing it then you have to pay a fee depending on the value of the car.

I don't have any personnal experience of this, only what I've read for research purposes as this is something I've considered doing.  I think the import fee is cheaper if the car has been registered in UK for X amount of months.  You have to have documentation of what tax you have paid and this will be taken off any tax due in Spain.

My neighbours imported their LHD car UK reg car and they had to pay a fee at the UK embassy in Alicante.  Perhaps that website could provide some help?

Like 0      
11 Aug 2009 10:34 AM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

There are several car dealers in and around the London area who have LHD cars for sale and some of these are spanish and french registered. I guess people drove them back to the UK and then sold them before their year here was up. I am assuming and hoping that they have all the necessary paperwork as we have thought about doing this as well. I have not yet done all the research on it though. Some friends of ours bought a LHD UK registered car here and drove to spain and it cost them approx 900€ to get all the necessary papers for spain. So you have to balance out all the alternatives for the best value.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2009 12:41 PM by scutanya Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi All,

Thanks so much for your information.  I have done a reg check on this car and all is above board.  I am thinking about going and picking it up at the weekend and bringing it back to Ireland as we are not going to spain till November.

Is it a matter of me turning up the the car registration office in spain with a proof of my address and an NIE number to have the car registered to me or is there something a little more messy involved?

I am hoping it wont be too difficult.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2009 5:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Whereabouts will you be once in Spain, scutanya ?

Like 0      
06 Jan 2010 3:45 PM by Rocio Granel Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi

It may be a bit late for this reply but here it goes:

I am a Spanish person and have just move to the UK. I have here my Spanish car and I would like to sell it here or in Spain and buy a British car.

It would be an excellent opportunity for somebody wanting to move to Spain. The car is a Peugeot 207 from 2007 with 31000 miles. It is perfect condition, and I am selling it for 10000 pounds.

Please, let me know if you are interested and we can arrange a viewing.

Regards,

Rocio

Like 0      
05 May 2011 2:49 PM by slater Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Are you thinking of returning to England if so would you be interested in swopping your car for an English registered car. 2002 X type Jaguar excellent condition 74000 miles on the clock. Exchange for decent vehicle with all the necessary documentation. Documentation will be validated by local representative and vehicle must be in good working order with valid IVT. 

Like 0      
05 May 2011 4:35 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Slater #

You are replying to a posf from Jan 2010

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
20 May 2012 5:49 PM by miquelboix Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Slater,

I am spanish and just moved to the UK 2 months ago with my spanish car. I would be interested in swoping my spanish car for and english car. I have a 2002 Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD 115hp, it´s still in good condition, has ITV passed until december 2012 and insurance until december 2012.

Please let me know if you would be interested.

Regards,

Miquel

Like 0      
20 May 2012 6:02 PM by Abyss_Rover Star rating in Mallorca. 72 posts Send private message

Does anyone know of a website where I could check if a Spanish car (that I have been offered) is free of all debts etc.

www.finditfme.com The new, advanced way to find what you are looking for.

Like 0      
22 May 2012 7:54 AM by miquelboix Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Abyss,

You need to go to trafico in Spain for that or a "gestoria" in Spain can do it for you with the numberplate.

Are you interested in buying the car or swapping it for an English one?

Best regards,

Miquel

Like 0      
09 Aug 2012 8:41 PM by garykatt Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I am looking for a Spanish car please help

Like 0      
09 Aug 2012 9:13 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

What part of spain do you live ?

Like 0      
09 Aug 2012 11:55 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

You can get a online report (informe) about a cars history, debts etc

http://www.informes-dgt.com/

There are also a number of private sites if you search for them

Like 0      
10 Aug 2012 11:54 PM by abed Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello!

I sale my spanish car!!!

We just moved to Leeds one monuth ago. I brought my car by transport company from Spain last week becouse i didnot wonted to sale it before. But here the insurance is very expensive (about 1400-1700 f).

My care is Mitsubichi Space Star model 2003 (5 seats) perfect condictions. Its Diesel. And I sale it for 3000 pounds.

If any one is interested, please let me know. mov. 07424705420

Thanks,

Abed

Like 0      
11 Aug 2012 12:09 AM by abed Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi…

We sell our spanish car.

We have just arrived to Leeds weeks ago. Our car came by a transportation agency. We thought not to sell it for not having to buy a new car. But the insurance is very expensive to cars with left Hand driver, so we decided to sell it.

Our car is with Spanish register. Mitsubishi Space Star is 2003 model. Diesel (5 seats). We sell it for 3000 pounds.

Interested, please contact on 07424705420 .

Thanks

Abed

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Building Insurance wiht Mapfre - 7 posts
Parking at Marbella Bus Station - 4 posts
Blogs - 4 posts
german shepherd type dog looking for home in Cadiz - 0 posts
Building Work in Spain - 5 posts
Need health insurance for 6 months in spain - 4 posts
Get a delivery date from removal company! - 2 posts
Dangerous dog act in Spain? - 20 posts
Cancel Telefonica Landline - 1 posts
A different flyng question - 6 posts
5 day car hire from Murcia Airport - 2 posts
Sunshine - 2 posts
Looking for good CDS agents - 22 posts
Transfer of contract - 1 posts
Jeep Cheroke for sale 2004 Plate - 0 posts
18 and moving to Spain! - 10 posts
Dogs on the beach (the four legged variety) - 3 posts
Agricultural / Farming Diesel - 3 posts
Preserving jars for home made jam, etc - 5 posts
Non-Biological Washing products - 2 posts
Protection/ Guard dog wanted - 11 posts
Smoking ban in Spain - 36 posts
What size deposits are needed now - 3 posts
Funeral insurance problems - 1 posts
ALGORFA Air-Con business (Solarplan) - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x