Legal advice??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by glennhambling Star rating in Norwich and San Pedr.... 23 posts Send private message

I know I need to speak to a Solicitor regarding this problem but I would appreciate any views, here is the problem.

I have owned an apartment for 4 years. A relative paid half so that we had an equal share BUT their name is NOT on the deeds, only mine. Quite simply they now want to sell I do not and we cannot agree a price for me to pay them. To be honest things have become quite bitter. They have now demanded I sell but as I said I have no intention of doing so, where do i stand legally, can I be forced to sell??

Like 0      
01 Aug 2009 12:17 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Are you licing in the apartment? If so, you cannot be forced to sell. I f it is not your home, he can ask judicially for the house to be sold but he needs to have proof of his ownership rights.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
01 Aug 2009 12:46 PM by glennhambling Star rating in Norwich and San Pedr.... 23 posts Send private message

Maria, thanks for your swift reply.

Neither of us live in the Apartment it is just used for holidays. If they cannot force me to sell are they able to take me to court to recover the money that they paid originally?

Like 0      
03 Aug 2009 7:19 PM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Hi Glenn,

If your relative is not mentioned on the deeds is it in fact the case that they have no legal proof of share ownership - this would seem to be the case?

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Air con leakage - 0 posts
Juzgados - Servicio Común - what is this communication? - 2 posts
Financial Advice for Ex-Pats - 0 posts
Anyone at reserva de marbella? - 0 posts
high speed train from malaga to madrid - 5 posts
New Tuesday Society - 3 posts
New Tuesday Society - 0 posts
I.C.E- In case of Emergency - 0 posts
Sir Bobby Robson died today, 31st July, 2009 ... RIP - 1 posts
Dogs in Restaurants - 23 posts
Paying by credit card in Spain - 11 posts
What is this you techies out there ? Spam ? - 11 posts
Advice needed on house purchase - 6 posts
Hand Luggage on Easy jet Flight to Gibraltar - 10 posts
Glass Engraving - 0 posts
Iberdrola white meter? - 8 posts
Playing the lottery in Spain? - 8 posts
Car Hire - Recommendations Please - 11 posts
Sat Navs: which one to choose that has a good sized screen & covers Europe & UK ?? - 20 posts
Best way to finance a purchase - 2 posts
Sofa available to take away - 0 posts
Autonomo /Administrator Problem - 3 posts
RYANAIR WINTER FLIGHTS - 2 posts
Telephone Police reports in English - 2 posts
La Marina Pueblo - is it possible to hire car for 2 days only? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x