Iberdrola white meter?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

Hi,

Does anyone have any information on Iberdrola white electricity meters, or perhaps have one fitted?

Talking with friends yesterday evening and the subject of reducing electricity costs cropped up and I thought I would find out a little more, specifically installation costs, benefits etc.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2009 3:33 PM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

I'm not sure if the 'white meter' you are refering to is the Iberdrola split tariff meter. We moved over to it a few months ago.

The system works like this:

Electricity consumed between 11pm and 1pm (summer time) the following day is charged at 5.9614 cent per kwh and the rest of the time it costs 13.5145 cents per kwh.

So you can make a saving if you use most electricity at the lower rate. We use about 65% of our power at the lower rate so the saving is small but significant.

It cost about 10euros to move to the split tariff.

This message was last edited by dennismundy on 30/07/2009.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2009 3:35 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Is this tariff going to carry on. Looking at the site I was unsure. 

Like 0      
01 Aug 2009 3:52 PM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

We have a 12 month contract so I assume for that long!

Give them a ring if you are not sure.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2009 3:58 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Well last time I rang it only took 4 months of trying, (April to July). I am ringing from the UK, and I did manage to speak to someone in the end. I also managed to extract a refund and go onto direct debit. The refund has gone into my bank now, just waiting  to see if the direct debit works. I think I will leave changing tariffs for the moment. lol! 

Like 0      
01 Aug 2009 5:35 PM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

Is there a dedicated number at Iberdrola to contact regarding the meter or is it the usual automated system?

Like 0      
01 Aug 2009 5:36 PM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

Is there a dedicated number at Iberdrola to contact regarding the meter or is it the usual automated system?

Like 0      
01 Aug 2009 6:01 PM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

Like 0      
01 Aug 2009 8:45 PM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

I used 901 20 20 20

Got through quickly to an English speaker and the meter was installed within a week.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Playing the lottery in Spain? - 8 posts
Car Hire - Recommendations Please - 11 posts
Sat Navs: which one to choose that has a good sized screen & covers Europe & UK ?? - 20 posts
Best way to finance a purchase - 2 posts
Sofa available to take away - 0 posts
Autonomo /Administrator Problem - 3 posts
RYANAIR WINTER FLIGHTS - 2 posts
Telephone Police reports in English - 2 posts
La Marina Pueblo - is it possible to hire car for 2 days only? - 1 posts
BA suspending route from Gatwick to Malaga - 1 posts
Spain uncut DVD'S paid for but not delivered? - 2 posts
Easyjet - Flights released to June 2010 - 19 posts
Airport pick-up - 10 posts
COFFEE TABLE FOR 50 EUROS WENGUE COLOUR - COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
BABY BATH FOR SALE - COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
2 SEATER SOFA - COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
BABY CAR SEAT FOR SALE - COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
SELLING BRAND NEW BABY CAR SEAT - COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
SPANISH LESSONS FOR FOREIGNERS - 0 posts
What happened in Manilva - 57 posts
WANTED - BABY'S CAR SEAT - 4 posts
ELECTRIC BILLS THIS MONTH - 21 posts
anyone dealt with vanityangels - 2 posts
Question about NIE number - 11 posts
House and contents - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x