Spanish Court Corruption - Whats the next move?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 May 2009 12:00 AM by JohnUK Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I was wondering if anyone else had lost court cases / appeal cases in Spain that they truly believe they should have won? I believe this has happened to me with Judges / Developers etc who may be in bed together or that who just are plain unjust.

What can we do... is there another level... European Court? Does anyone have any experience of this?

Does anyone also know any good lawyers in UK that can work on my behalf on understanding the Spanish / EU court system?

Thanks in advance.

Like 0      
21 May 2009 10:08 PM by davidAH Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi John,

I have a legal case running in Spain and I am represented by a Spanish lawyer. He was recommended to me but I am still not convinced he is truly 'on the ball'. Although he speaks English far better than my Spanish, I am not sure he always understands me fully.

I read somewhere about an English firm of lawyers in London who have a Spanish branch, and this firm was highly regarded. If I am unsuccessful with my case I think I will give them a try. Their name is Irwin Mitchell. I don't know if anyone else on this forum has experience of this firm

Good luck,

David

Like 0      
21 May 2009 10:42 PM by davidAH Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi John,

I have just received a private message from someone on this forum who says that they had a bad experience with the suggested firm of lawyers. I thought you should know.

David

Like 0      
22 May 2009 6:15 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear JohnUK:

Please let me know what are your questions regarding Spanish Court System and I will try to give them an answer.

Thanks,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 May 2009 3:33 PM by JohnUK Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks David & Maria

I will check out Irwin Mitchell - I would like to know what the bad experience was? Does anyone here know anything good or bad from personal experience about them or other UK firms?

It's fair to say the whole spanish legal system appears to be a complete farce and heavily biased againgst UK citizens!

Like 0      
23 May 2009 7:26 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Well, John UK... out of our practise I need to say we cannot see any kind of  bias against UK citizens in Courts. Believe me.

The Court system is frustrating  slow and human justice is always poor but ..... that is as many things in life I think.

I understand that a good professionalization and expansion of arbitration procedures would help a lot.

Of course a reform of justice in terms of celerity and effectiveness is asked by many sectors of society in Spain: lawyers among others.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

transferring car ownership - 1 posts
problems with yahoo. - 3 posts
Global World Services - 1 posts
Palacios Mar and Limon Mar - 1 posts
Working out mortgage payments - 7 posts
La Refugia? - 0 posts
Can anyone recommend a good estate agent on the costa del sol??? - 2 posts
Buying Furniture in Spain - 10 posts
Creditors meeting - 5 posts
1 day of.... - 5 posts
Lets Live Abroad - 4 posts
Beware: Club Blinko - 14 posts
Who to complain to at Polaris - 3 posts
Internet in apartments? - 1 posts
BABY SEATS FROM CAR HIRE COMPANY'S - 11 posts
nie number - 1 posts
Alicante / Benidorm Airport Taxi Transfer - 6 posts
Please can someone confirm..................... - 2 posts
Long term rental - 2 posts
Building Complete - 24 posts
Trying to navigate the holiday rentals section - 2 posts
Aldea Advisors - 12 posts
PROMOBY DEVELOPERS/BUILDERS - 1 posts
Vauxhall vectra 2003 for swap or sale - 1 posts
SNAGGING - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x