Anyone out there who can't complete on Roda or Corvera? Not just walking away

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 May 2009 12:00 AM by trudiea Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Hi,

My husband lost his job just prior to completion on Roda.  We already had a mortgage arranged but obviously had to tell the bank of new situation.  Through no choice of our own we could not go ahead and complete.  Roda kept pushing us and setting new dates for the Notary.  Finally saying they would sue for the full amount.  Now obviously with no job, now no mortgage this was going to be impossible on our part.  We were advised by our Lawyer that they wouldn't sue and would just walk off with our deposit.  Then last week we received the letter from their legal department and documentation in Spanish to say they were sueing. 

Anyone else in the same situation - can advise a good lawyer - I have tried emailing Maria as others have mentioned her but so far not received a reply.  At my wits end - any suggestions. 

I did start this thread on the Roda forum but it has been suggested to put it out on the general forum too. 

Thanks

Trudie

Like 0      
10 May 2009 11:42 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hi trudiea, thats terrible but not suprising. By the sound of it you have good grounds and hang on for Maria to get back for you as I think there is a way you can get out of this. She will know better. She may have been ill or away as she normally posts regularly.

Send her another mail and good luck

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
11 May 2009 8:24 AM by trudiea Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Thanks Rixxy for your support.  I am hoping with all fingers and toes crossed that Maria can suggest some way forward.  Will let you know if I get a result.

Like 0      
11 May 2009 10:51 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

She is usually pretty quick at posting so I can only think there is a good reason why she hasnt done last week. Hang in there!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

bank won't talk to us - can anyone help - 8 posts
buying property in Denia - 3 posts
Bank Guarantees - are they ring fenced? - 8 posts
Can anyone help?? - 4 posts
Can anyone help? - 1 posts
Vital Dent - 5 posts
Make your land more productive - 2 posts
MALAGA DAVE - 0 posts
Villapac on the Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Needing Good Solicitor - 5 posts
tax office for 210 forms - 15 posts
marina del castillo - 0 posts
Property Rental Wanted- Benijofar / Benimar / Rojales Hills - 0 posts
Jet2 Points For 'Free' Flights - 0 posts
hello nice to see you all....potential customer - 1 posts
Polaris World Condado de Alhama- TV - 2 posts
How to estimate occupancy rates - 6 posts
Development maps incorrect - 3 posts
City of Malaga - Information and Advice for Potential Visitors - 0 posts
Notification problems again - 2 posts
GOLF COURSE RATINGS / COMMENTS - 5 posts
Renault Express Combi For Sale... - 0 posts
Water meter costs - 10 posts
Orange - 5 posts
WANTED LAWYER WHO TAKES NO NONSENSE AND FIGHTS FOR CLIENTS - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x