GOLF COURSE RATINGS / COMMENTS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 May 2009 12:00 AM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

Thought it might be useful to have one thread that could be "continually" topped up with peoples experiences of golf courses to include;

state of the course

cost

easy or hard etc

I am happy to start with a few

Finca Cortesin - based on the Caseares rd inbetween Estepona and Sabinillas

this has just taken a major world competition away from Wentworth

Cost: 105 euros per player inclusive of buggy and range balls-beleive it is Canadian run, excellent facilities, great but long and hard course, good value for money, well manicured, expensive bar/restaurant

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
08 May 2009 10:23 AM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar

Sierra Golf, near Balsicas, Murcia (about 15 mins from San Javier airport), is a new course opened earlier this year.  Only 9 holes at the moment but 18 hopefully by next year. 

Only 12 euros for 9 holes and 12 euros for buggy hire.

Good, relatively easy course, with rather large bunkers and a couple of lakes.

Bar/restaurant which serves highly recommended 3 course Sunday lunch for 10 euros. as well as other food.

This message was last edited by llamacalmer on 08/05/2009.

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
08 May 2009 10:44 AM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Has anyone played on Estepona Golf?  I´m planning to have a game there in the near future.

It seems to be one of the cheaper courses on the Costa del Sol.  They´re doing unlimited golf for 99 euros per month or unlimited weekend golf for 49 euros.  Presumably you have to sign up for 12 months.

Cheers

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
08 May 2009 11:20 AM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

David

I didnt have time to post re other courses that I have played on / or play on whenever I am out there but here goes!

Group a -cheap and cheerful?

Estepona-large expat golf course- always been in poor condition and not very pleasing on the eye! Always inexpensive though

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don Julia - again in between Estepona and Sabinillas-generally good condition albeit a short course cost for 2 green fees with buggy around 100 euros-no real clubhouse to speak of albeit you can get a beer or a coffee

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Los Arqueros-back of San Pedro - always in good condition poor first hole but then it opens up, 2 green fees plus a buggy for around 80e , excellent bar / restaurant with good food and reasonably priced

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group B more expensive

Alcaidesa- nice course in the summer as it is a links style course with a breeze from the sea, reasonably tough not well manicured though, brand new clubhouse think it was around 80 e per green fee plus extra for buggies HOWEVER! in a UK golfing magazine you can purchase

8 green fees per year plus all practice balls plus a 50% discount for any rounds over the 8 plus special green fees for guests for 300e which on the face of it doesnt seem a bad deal -call 08706 005566

San Roque-either course -prefer the new one, got a deal 220e for 2 green fees plus buggy-excellent course well manicured, great to look at , tough if playing of the white tees, good clubhouse and food  albeit touch pricey

Duquesa- found it overpriced didnt use the clubhouse but as with many courses in Spain found that no matter how straight you hit the ball it all rolls down the hil into the rough!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monte Mayor - bit of a drive -past the Marbella country club which is excellent but hard to get onto, MM is about 160e plus buggy for 2 and very scenic but again natural contours used everywhere so your ball does roll....everywhere!

Good par 4 or 5 near the end where you can drive across ravine, trees etc and hit the green! (on a good day!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall if playing an "expensive" course I would go to Finca Cortesin at 210 e for 2 inc of buggy and range balls-an excellent but hard long course.

Like 0      
08 May 2009 12:00 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Thanks for the detailed information advisor.

I´ll give Estepona a shot, but I also like the sound of that Alcaidesa deal.

Cheers

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
08 May 2009 1:09 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

David

suggest you pay and play Estepona once as opposed to the monthly deal and then make a decision, also a lot has to do with one,s ability I have gone from 10-12 handicap in last 12 months!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Renault Express Combi For Sale... - 0 posts
Water meter costs - 10 posts
Orange - 5 posts
WANTED LAWYER WHO TAKES NO NONSENSE AND FIGHTS FOR CLIENTS - 1 posts
Hiring baby car seats etc. San Juan de los Terreros - 0 posts
car boots in costa blanca - 1 posts
What's the easiet way to know where your local airport flies to - 2 posts
Parking at Murcia Airport - 2 posts
A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE IN JUST 2 HOURS - 0 posts
children's healthcare - 0 posts
Funiture for sale - 0 posts
corrie - 0 posts
removers - 0 posts
Hi From Lisa Grant - Spectrum FM - 105.5fm - - 0 posts
Rio Park Bank Guarantee Promised But Not Issued - 16 posts
damp - 1 posts
David Beckham is still a Red - 8 posts
For sale - flights Gatwick-Murcia-Gatwick (dep 25 May return 2 June) - 8 posts
At last we have ALL posts of each member back - 2 posts
Van Wanted - 3 posts
Gardeners - Who Pays? - 1 posts
doplin managent rip opff - 0 posts
Confused - 3 posts
LFO resale question - 6 posts
How is the current economic climate affecting Spain? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x