Needing Good Solicitor

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 May 2009 12:00 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi there

We have found a property we wish to buy and need a solicitor in Torrevieja / Villamartin area. We are buying from a private seller and need to ensure that the third bedroom built on solarium is included on escitura. We  will want to make this part of the contract..

Any recommendations out there?

Jean

Like 0      
11 May 2009 9:56 AM by nyk1974 Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Dear Jean,

When you come to complete on the property you should always use an independent solicitor, if you want to check if the third bedroom is actually on the escritura and is legal you can scan and send me a copy of the title deeds and I could tell you if this is correct before you take the process any further. I have lived in spain since 1980 and I am approaching my eigth year within the property industry in a variation of roles which includes legal translations.

Kindest regards,

Nicolas Bateman

Like 0      
11 May 2009 10:09 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Better than in the escritura, look into the Registry information as the registrar could have not authorised the registration of the thrird floor even included in the deed. Land Registrar is the ultimate reference for checking on legal  ownership in Spain.

http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/costaluz/1398/legal-tip-61-what-the-hell-is-the-land-registry-in-spain.aspx

http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/costaluz/1403/legal-tip-62--more-protection-by-the--land-registry.aspx

Best regards,

Maria L. de Castro

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 11/05/2009.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 May 2009 10:38 AM by nyk1974 Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Dear Maria,

I agree with you, the land registry is the ultimate way to check as the third bedroom may of been added and registered since the signing of the property so your recommendation is far more accurate than mine, many thanks. If you require any help with the third bedroom and it is not on the escritura, I can recommend Jon Larrazabal del Canto on 670 6204 250.

Kindest regards,

Nicolas

Like 0      
11 May 2009 12:38 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Many thanks for the advice. We just want to make sure we get a solicitor who will carry out these sort of checks forus. Now i know what to ask for.

Many thanks once again.

Jean

Like 0      
11 May 2009 12:52 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Information is power!

Good luck!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

tax office for 210 forms - 15 posts
marina del castillo - 0 posts
Property Rental Wanted- Benijofar / Benimar / Rojales Hills - 0 posts
Jet2 Points For 'Free' Flights - 0 posts
hello nice to see you all....potential customer - 1 posts
Polaris World Condado de Alhama- TV - 2 posts
How to estimate occupancy rates - 6 posts
Development maps incorrect - 3 posts
City of Malaga - Information and Advice for Potential Visitors - 0 posts
Notification problems again - 2 posts
GOLF COURSE RATINGS / COMMENTS - 5 posts
Renault Express Combi For Sale... - 0 posts
Water meter costs - 10 posts
Orange - 5 posts
WANTED LAWYER WHO TAKES NO NONSENSE AND FIGHTS FOR CLIENTS - 1 posts
Hiring baby car seats etc. San Juan de los Terreros - 0 posts
car boots in costa blanca - 1 posts
What's the easiet way to know where your local airport flies to - 2 posts
Parking at Murcia Airport - 2 posts
A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE IN JUST 2 HOURS - 0 posts
children's healthcare - 0 posts
Funiture for sale - 0 posts
corrie - 0 posts
removers - 0 posts
Hi From Lisa Grant - Spectrum FM - 105.5fm - - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x