Los Lagos Santa Maria Golf

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by sarahp Star rating in uk. 2 posts Send private message

Can anyone help me - we brought a property at Los Lagos Santa Maria Golf and have had numerous problems and we are having a legal battle we know other people are in the same position can anyone help

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 5:29 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 5:38 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Hi Sarah

Have you tried the "Development" forum to see whether your development is listed?  You may be able to communicate with others who have bought in the same development.

Just a thought!

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 5:53 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Hi sarah,

we were going to purchase on the neighbouring development, Las Vistas Santa Maria Golf, but then the developer hit problems with building licenses. Fortunately we had a bank guarantee in place and managed to get our deposit back. To my knowledge they still haven't resumed building. It's a shame because it is so nice there. I looked at Los Lagos with envy as I thought all appeared to be well with that development. I do hope you resolve the problems to your satisfaction.

Alan

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 7:58 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi Sarah you need to talk to your lawyer. Los Lagos de Santa Maria is one of the developments with major issues over planning. I am told the urban plan permitted the construction of individual dwellings (townhouses and villas) but the developer allegedly took it upon themselves to construct an urbanisation of apartments in clear breach of any official licences or permissions - it is likely to be one of the developments where there are long protracted issues with the authorities. Whether they will ever be licensed retrospectively is another matter but perhaps you should be discussing with your lawyer about whether you should try to recover any deposits paid.

Rgds and sorry to be the bearer of not so good tidings

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 8:18 PM by sunbelt Star rating. 63 posts Send private message

Sara

There is much doom and gloom by reading part facts

If you would like the full run down please p/m me and i will give the facts as they are

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 8:28 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 8:41 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Sara

good luck with this, i think Smiley is on the right track. I really feel you should take the advice of good lawyer only. If it was me, i would treat anyone defending the developers or telling you to look at the facts in a 'balanced' way with real suspicion!

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 9:51 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Sunbelt perhaps you would care to share your wealth of knowledge here in the forum - that is the reason it is here and is a public forum - Sarah has asked a question and I am sure there are many others out there keen to know the facts - I have given my reply based on the information that I have and if the impression I give is of a scaremonger then I apologise for it was not my intent - BUT I do answer the question with the information given to me by four lawyers acting for client buyers in Los Lagos and using the same answer for I think 100% (certainly 100% of the reputable ones) of the banks in Marbella as a reason not to lend on Los Lagos - if you have wider reaching and more factual information based on personal experience please post it on the site as I am sure it would be helpful for all.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 10:01 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Smiley - Sunbelt is very pro this and other developments. You can read about them on the SPI and there have been numerous arguments with Sunbelt and other posters.

It seems Sunbelt has a at best bought in the development as well as Green Hills and b is an agent still promoting it!

Dont bother getting into it. The development is illegal and you would be best advised to get your money back.

The best of luck to you - get a good lawyer and sit on their tail daily

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 10:13 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Thanks for tipping the wink Rixxy - I am so naive that I thought he/she was a genuine poster, with a sincere interest in helping others in the forum to unearth the truth!

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 10:16 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Yes most people are genuine and maybe Sunbelt is in his/her own way. But I doubt it somehow.

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 10:17 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
As the others have stated, steer well clear of this development.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 1:04 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 8:45 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!

Rixy wrote- quote

'' Sunbelt is very pro this and other developments. You can read about them on the SPI and there have been numerous arguments with Sunbelt and other posters''

smack on Rixy, this person also uses other names when he's been rumbled as defending his decision to buy on this development. As on this site, there are several regular posters on SPI who you know you can trust as giving you the the real facts, as well as their own experience, and do their utmost to help innocent buyers not to make bad decisions and get swindled by the Sharks. Sunbelt has fallen out with this group of people. Make of that what you will!.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 9:46 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

EOS moderator quote:

As the others have stated, steer well clear of this development.

AND this poster!!! (sunbelt)

This message was last edited by Tish on 3/7/2007.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 9:54 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Something puzzles me.     The EOS moderator says "steer well  clear of this development"( Los Lagos de Santa Maria)  but when I looked at the top of the page, there was a big advert for a duplex apartment for sale ...at Los Lagos !!!

I know that all forums need to generate an income , usually from advertising spaces but couldn't they be more selective?

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 9:56 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yes, but these are google ads and are randomly placed by google - the moderator has to control of them.

The real culprits are the estate agents and developers continuing to promote this illegal site!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 10:18 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Oh right! Thanks Rixxy. It was just an observation!

This message was last edited by Tish on 3/7/2007.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 10:22 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
No worries Tish - its the good thing about this forum, no one is frightened to speak their minds!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

La Vuelta restaurant, Guardamar, Costa Blanca - 0 posts
How to put a signature on your profile page so it shows at bottom of every post automatically - 0 posts
Price of tobacco & cigarettes on the Costa Blanca (Eurotabaco) - 0 posts
Hi there! Newbie here. - 9 posts
ElCherro Restaurant Murcia - 5 posts
Nearest Healthcare Unit to Duquesa - 0 posts
Marina dor Costa caribe 2 - 5 posts
Happy Birthday, Juan - 7 posts
Last minute thoughts about size of Spanish mortgage!! - 3 posts
Toys for kids - 10 posts
renting for 10 days from 29 march - 4 posts
HOW to resize a picture - 1 posts
Difference between Turistico Licence & Habitation Licence - 5 posts
No question too simple - 10 posts
law on static caravans - 0 posts
Youtube - 0 posts
Youtube - 3 posts
OVP-lawsuit against Aifos - 0 posts
director buying plot on development - 5 posts
Development at Benalmadena. - 1 posts
Webcam watching cafes on Torrevieja front etc - 0 posts
Our Justin - 1 posts
Goodnight thread, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite - 102 posts
ANY ONE COME ACROSS A BREADMAKER - 7 posts
Lunar Eclipse - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 48

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x