Hi there! Newbie here.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by Asif101 Star rating in West London and La M.... 5 posts Send private message

Hi there,

Just came across this site by accident while Googling some Spanish property stuff, so thought I would join and say hello!

I live in West London but have an apartment in La Mata, Torrievieja.  I have had a few ups and downs during the buying process, over the last few years but overall has been positive.

I don't have any real questions for now, but hopefully I can provide some benefit through my own experiences.

I will stick my place up when I get round to it, its available to rent, surprise surprise!  Hope you like the look of it.

Very happy to hear any advice, tips, or even questions.

Look forward to it.

Asif.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 9:45 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Asif and welcome to the forum.  We're quite a friendly bunch here most of the time!

Look forward to your input here.

Regards

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 9:48 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi Asif and welcome to the crew.

Justin forgot to say that we're all a bit nuts too, but that kinda helps when you live in the UK and buy in Spain

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 11:19 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 9:06 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Welcome Asif!

Hope you enjoy the forum, TechNoApe may be nuts, but I'm not........well............ not most of the time!!

My pad is in Playa Flamenca....................

kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 11:02 PM by Asif101 Star rating in West London and La M.... 5 posts Send private message

Nice one folks, comments appreciated.

Clearly I need to brush up on my geography of the Costa Blanca, have recently taken to driving there from London, but rely on the Tom Tom to get me there, as opposed to my brain!

My place is in a development called Torremar, there is a link to it on the developments Message Board, but no questions or messages from anyone.

Does anyone else here have a place there?  There is a separate owners website we have for it, just curious if I had any neighbours on this site.

Are we allowed to talk about our agents, lawyers, vendors, developers, on this site?  Have no real axe to grind as all my problems got resolved, eventually - just thought it worthwhile to share experiences and see if others have had the same.

Don't want to cause any rumpus or create threats of legal action against this site etc etc.

Please advise.

Cheers

Asif

This message was last edited by Asif101 on 3/6/2007.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 11:10 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi Asif,

I find it best not to post particulars like names and addresses of the people who yanked your chain.

However sending those details via a PM to other members who are in the same or similar field to those who caused you headaches is always useful.

The best thing about this forum is sharing all of our experiences, that way newbies and oldies alike can learn to avoid pitfalls and what to do if you fall foul of one (or more) 

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 11:27 PM by Asif101 Star rating in West London and La M.... 5 posts Send private message

Hi TechNoApe,

Understood.  I would not have necessarily named individuals unless something positive to say, of whom there are plenty who fall into that category I am glad to say.

Was thinking more of the companies involved, in my case for instance, MRI, Ole International, Martinez Echeverria, Global Currency Exchange Network, and the owner and developer of Torremar in La Mata (whose name I will never know!)

Can't think of any others right now but certainly some names there who I am sure others here would have dealt with.

Having bought there successfully I feel I can offer useful advice.  I will be wanting to sell eventually so will need some advice when that time comes!

I think I will take some time to go though some more of the detail available on the site.  I will see then what has been acceptable to post or otherwise.

Cheers

Asif

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 2:05 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 7:35 PM by Asif101 Star rating in West London and La M.... 5 posts Send private message

Hi Jean,

LOL!  It does appear that way.

I am sure I can find something to add.

Cheers

Asif

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ElCherro Restaurant Murcia - 5 posts
Nearest Healthcare Unit to Duquesa - 0 posts
Marina dor Costa caribe 2 - 5 posts
Happy Birthday, Juan - 7 posts
Last minute thoughts about size of Spanish mortgage!! - 3 posts
Toys for kids - 10 posts
renting for 10 days from 29 march - 4 posts
HOW to resize a picture - 1 posts
Difference between Turistico Licence & Habitation Licence - 5 posts
No question too simple - 10 posts
law on static caravans - 0 posts
Youtube - 0 posts
Youtube - 3 posts
OVP-lawsuit against Aifos - 0 posts
director buying plot on development - 5 posts
Development at Benalmadena. - 1 posts
Webcam watching cafes on Torrevieja front etc - 0 posts
Our Justin - 1 posts
Goodnight thread, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite - 102 posts
ANY ONE COME ACROSS A BREADMAKER - 7 posts
Lunar Eclipse - 17 posts
Schools in Spain - 7 posts
NEW .... SEARCH FACILITY UP & RUNNING, YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE !!! - 17 posts
Insurers only Insure per Sq Mts not for value of Propety - 6 posts
Nearest A&E unit to Duquesa - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x