E111 Forms

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by Roger Davis Star rating in Balsicas , COSTA C.... 93 posts Send private message

Roger Davis´s avatar

HI,

We are retiring to Spain ( Sierra Golf ) and have been told by Social Security in the Uk that if we visit the UK on Hols. etc . , we will need to have Travel Insurance from Spain in order to receive any medical cover.It does not seem to make any difference that we have paid NI contributions for all our working lives nor that any migrants etc. coming to this country appear to be able receive all the NHS services that people born here receive.

When people visit any EU country from the UK , they are told to have an E111 card to be used for medical purposes . Therefore , is it possible to get another E111 in Spain which will cover us for treatment in the UK ?

We would be very grateful for any advice.

Roger and Fran Davis

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 2:03 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/4/2007.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 3:37 PM by Roger Davis Star rating in Balsicas , COSTA C.... 93 posts Send private message

Roger Davis´s avatar

Hi Janice,

Wow !! That was an extremely quick reply. Thanks for your info. and look forward to seeing what Dr Bob says.

Yeah , we knew that it was an EHIC card , which is what we have ( I just typed in the old thingy by mistake) .We also know that it can only be used in Spain whilst on hols.

We have read that after we arrive in Spain and complete on our property purchase , we then need to apply for residencia , after which we need to go along to our nearest hospital to register with the Doctor there. It then takes about a month for the paperwork to come thru.I guess it must be at this same hospital that we need to apply for our Spanish EHIC cards

Fran is a retired nurse and she reckons that if we need any treatment not covered by an EHIC while on hols in the UK , our best option is to go to the nearest A & E Dept .

Nice to MEET you too

Roger and Fran

PS. My Mum lives in Weston , near the Golf Course ( she will be 89 in Apr. but says she will still visit us after we move in to Sierra Golf !!!!----- She doesn't play golf though --- she spends all day fagging it, just proves that smoking doesn't kill everyone !!!???)

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 4:04 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 4:28 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Roger & Fran,

I did reply to your question on another thread!
But any way, here is my answer again.........Have a look at this web site, it should tell you all you need to know about healthcare in the UK once you have left to liv elsewhere,

http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/uohs/services/visitors.shtml

kind regards

This message was last edited by FibbyUK on 3/1/2007.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 4:37 PM by Roger Davis Star rating in Balsicas , COSTA C.... 93 posts Send private message

Roger Davis´s avatar

Sorry Janice   --  Sierra Golf is near Balsicas, Murcia Province -- being built by Grupo Masa.

Yes , it is Worlebury golf course and my Mum lives in Worlebury Close -- If you see a poor old dear struggling down the forever hill towards Weston , please give her a lift ( mind you , perhaps a lift up the hill would be better !! )

I used to work in Bilsthorpe in the late 80's , at Hillsdown Distribution ( In the Buxted Chicken family of companies)

Very gratefull to you and all the other helpers on this site

Roger

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 5:18 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Fibby, that was "Bill & Kathy" in the other thread, about their friend who lives in Spain but wants to visit the UK. Obviously todays "hot topic"! I also posted a reply, so here it is again for Roger & Fran:

If your friend is a UK National, and particularly if a pensioner, it is highly unlikely that he/she would ever be asked for proof of entitlement to emergency treatment on the NHS - even illegal immigrants usually will be treated in an emergency, no questions asked. But if you want to play it safe and go by the book, you can find the information you require at this site:

http://www.seg-social.es/inicio/?MIval=cw_usr_view_Folder&LANG=6&ID=11566

Roger, if you have the time and patience (not patients!) have a trawl through the threads on healthcare in Spain because we've spent many a long evening discussing the issue here. And member Bobaol is a mine of useful information. I'm sure he'll be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 5:20 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 5:45 PM by Roger Davis Star rating in Balsicas , COSTA C.... 93 posts Send private message

Roger Davis´s avatar

Sorry janice - now fixed. Put it down to a Senior Moment !!

Thanks Roberto and Fibby for you input - will check out links

Roger

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 6:08 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Don't worry Roger, we are all mostly "Senior" in here, aprt from the odd times when we act like kids, then we get told off by the Headmaster.....Justin!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 6:24 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 8:37 PM by Roger Davis Star rating in Balsicas , COSTA C.... 93 posts Send private message

Roger Davis´s avatar

Job Done !!!   Is everyone now happy  ??

PS. The Headmaster must be really busy in having to censor all of these messages . Perhaps he has a lot of Prefects to help out !

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 11:43 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

R U on Messenger ? - 0 posts
HEALTH CARD - 2 posts
Wok Buffet Asia - Urb Plays de Orihuella, Costa Blanca - 1 posts
San Rafael, Duquesa, CDS - 14 posts
Venta La Choza, Casares costa, CDS - 5 posts
Making That Big Decision - 3 posts
Asiatico Chinese, Guardamar, CB - 2 posts
Meson El Prado, San Miguel, CB - 0 posts
SEEKING ADVICE .... - 7 posts
VIP Cartagena - 0 posts
Fox's - Sabinillas, Costa del Sol - 6 posts
Compensation - 1 posts
sunny almeria - 0 posts
new to this forum - 5 posts
4Less Group - 3 posts
Easter in Spain - 20 posts
IVA on a investment property that has been resold - 12 posts
heaters - 1 posts
Residencia - 18 posts
buying as a private person or with "sl" - 5 posts
Life Insurance for Spanish mortgages - 22 posts
Dia de Andalucia - 7 posts
Surviving the Nightmare - Spanish Courts a Law Unto Themselves. - 19 posts
La Alhambra Palace in Granada, Spain - 11 posts
Sierra golf - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x