Snowing in the northeast

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Dec 2008 12:00 AM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

I have driven this morning from Gateshead to Hexham in Northumberland. It was very dark and it did not stop snowing. It was very scary. I know there are some parts in Spain covered with snow but not the coast. Thank God. If it continues snowing they may close school and send kids home. Great!

Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
01 Dec 2008 11:39 AM by flog-it Star rating in Campo de Ricote, Mur.... 125 posts Send private message

flog-it´s avatar

You know, I thought you meant the northeast of Spain at first and was going to say you had missed it a few days ago. Yes I know it's up in the mountains but here at a mere 100m up, we had a snow shower on Friday afternoon. I always love to see snow on the palm trees!!

Like 0      
01 Dec 2008 11:40 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Hi Ana

If you get sent home, give me a shout and we can go shopping at the Metrocentre.

Maureen

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
01 Dec 2008 11:48 AM by flog-it Star rating in Campo de Ricote, Mur.... 125 posts Send private message

flog-it´s avatar

If they send our 14 year old home from school here I just send him out into the forest with an axe and chainsaw to cut wood for the fire, that way we don't have to worry about him getting into trouble while we at work.......

Like 0      
01 Dec 2008 1:14 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

No sign of snow in Hexham, damn it. I need to stay till school finishes, normal time!

Maureen, I have to buy boxes in Ikea and start packing all my stuff. David as usual is very relaxed about it. I am still waiting for boxes he is going to bring from work. Sandra's boxes are not good as they are very small.

Ana

Like 0      
01 Dec 2008 6:40 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Plenty of snow visible on the Sierra Nevada from down here on the CDS - and right now, it feels cold enough to snow even down here!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
01 Dec 2008 6:41 PM by Esteruca Star rating in Costa del Sol. 64 posts Send private message

You can see the snow at the top of Estepona mountain. COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
01 Dec 2008 7:01 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Is that a real mountain, or like the one in Wales in that Hugh Grant movie?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
01 Dec 2008 7:18 PM by Esteruca Star rating in Costa del Sol. 64 posts Send private message

JA,JA,JA VERY FUNNY

Like 0      
01 Dec 2008 7:55 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi you lucky lot in the sun just think of us in england - - - so bad to day i de iced the car 3 times this am bye irene

Like 0      
01 Dec 2008 8:15 PM by flog-it Star rating in Campo de Ricote, Mur.... 125 posts Send private message

flog-it´s avatar

I had to de-ice the van last Thursday but having lived here now almost 6 years I have never at any point put anti-freeze in any car.

Like 0      
02 Dec 2008 11:00 AM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

I have to de ice the car this morning again and driving was quite dangerous because of black ice. Some members of staff and students are off today because of this. It got was as I approached Hexham.

Ana

Like 0      
03 Dec 2008 7:04 PM by sarah&john Star rating in Estepona, Spain. 50 posts Send private message

Thick snow here too in Yorkshire, had to abandon the car this morning and walk the school and nursery, then on the way home my legs went from underneath me and I went flying!!! Aching today and feel like I have done 4 hours in the gym! the girls love the snow, been making snowmen.

Like 0      
04 Dec 2008 8:10 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

And Yorkshire is closed again today, no work for me (at the moment) . Why does it always come as such a surprise to us and cause so much disruption? You don't see these problms in Canada, Switzerland, et?

I suppose we don't have enough money to do the job properly, now it's all been given to the banks .

Mark

Like 0      
04 Dec 2008 9:39 AM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

It is snowing very heavily in Hexham but I managed to get to work ok. I am not sure whether headteacher will send us home. What is the weather like in Spain?

Ana

Like 0      
04 Dec 2008 11:52 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Morning All...

Vista widget shows York 1C feels like -3C Wet and Windy...

Portsmouth 7C feels like 3C cloudy and Windy

Weatherpixie reports;

Malaga / Aeropuerto

28 minutes ago, at 11:00 UTC, the wind was blowing at a speed of 10.3 meters per second (23.0 miles per hour), with gusts to 15.4 meters per second (34.5 miles per hour), from Northwest in Malaga / Aeropuerto.

The temperature was 13 degrees Celsius (55 degrees Fahrenheit), and the pressure was 1,017 hPa (30.03 inHg). The relative humidity was 66.9%. There were a few clouds at a height of 762 meter (2500 feet) and scattered clouds at a height of 1219 meter (4000 feet). The visibility was >11.3 kilometers (>7 miles).

Murcia / San Javier

30 minutes ago, at 11:00 UTC, the wind was blowing at a speed of 4.6 meters per second (10.4 miles per hour) from West in Murcia / San Javier.

The temperature was 15 degrees Celsius (59 degrees Fahrenheit), and the pressure was 1,015 hPa (29.97 inHg). The relative humidity was 47.7%. There are no clouds below 1,524 meter (5,000 feet). The visibility was >10 kilometers (>6.2 miles).

Alicante / El Altet

30 minutes ago, at 11:00 UTC, the wind was blowing at a speed of 8.2 meters per second (18.4 miles per hour) from West/Northwest in Alicante / El Altet.

The temperature was 14 degrees Celsius (57 degrees Fahrenheit), and the pressure was 1,014 hPa (29.94 inHg). The relative humidity was 47.4%. There are no clouds below 1,524 meter (5,000 feet). The visibility was >10 kilometers (>6.2 miles).

Almeria / Aeropuerto

31 minutes ago, at 11:00 UTC, the wind was blowing at a speed of 2.1 meters per second (4.6 miles per hour) from South/Southeast in Almeria / Aeropuerto.

The temperature was 14 degrees Celsius (57 degrees Fahrenheit), and the pressure was 1,015 hPa (29.97 inHg). The relative humidity was 54.6%. There were a few clouds at a height of 305 meter (1000 feet). The visibility was >11.3 kilometers (>7 miles).

Granada / Armilla

31 minutes ago, at 11:00 UTC, the wind was blowing at a speed of 2.1 meters per second (4.6 miles per hour) from North in Granada / Armilla.

The temperature was 8 degrees Celsius (46 degrees Fahrenheit), and the pressure was 1,018 hPa (30.06 inHg). The relative humidity was 100.0%. There were scattered clouds at a height of 305 meter (1000 feet) and broken clouds at a height of 610 meter (2000 feet). The visibility was 5.0 kilometers (3.1 miles). Current weather is Moderate Mist .

Gerona / Costa Brava

32 minutes ago, at 11:00 UTC, the wind was blowing at a speed of 1.5 meters per second (3.5 miles per hour) from South/Southwest in Gerona / Costa Brava.

The temperature was 10 degrees Celsius (50 degrees Fahrenheit), and the pressure was 1,009 hPa (29.80 inHg). The relative humidity was 61.7%. There were a few clouds at a height of 975 meter (3200 feet). The visibility was >11.3 kilometers (>7 miles).

Sevilla / San Pablo

34 minutes ago, at 11:00 UTC, the wind was calm in Sevilla / San Pablo.

The temperature was 13 degrees Celsius (55 degrees Fahrenheit), and the pressure was 1,020 hPa (30.12 inHg). The relative humidity was 71.6%. There are no clouds below 1,524 meter (5,000 feet). The visibility was >10 kilometers (>6.2 miles).

So apart from the fact that its the same temp in Granada as it is in Portsmouth its a whole lot better here...

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
04 Dec 2008 12:16 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Foxbat,

very detailed weather forecast. Better than in the UK especially on the coast.

Thanks

Ana

Like 0      
04 Dec 2008 9:31 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Hi all

York was at a standstill this morning, all beacuse of an inch or two of snow.

I set off for an early bus at 8am, after standing 40 minutes went back home for a lift. It took us one and a half hours to drive 2 miles into the city centre.

So it was a short morning at work, arriving in the office at 10.15 instead of 9.

I usually walk when its nice, but this morning was not nice, not nice at all. 

Peter & Anne   -   www.los-montesinos-spain.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TAYLOR WOODROW - 5 posts
TELEFONICA !!! - 3 posts
compeletion what should a good lawyer do for you - 15 posts
Renault Kangoo Diesel Van For sale - 0 posts
Playa Golf at Lomas de Cabo Roig - 1 posts
Paying Spanish taxes - 2 posts
Christmas in Almeria - 4 posts
La Caixa - 3 posts
Xmas Dinner - 2 posts
10 day rental December Lo Pagan, San Pedro, Los Alcazares - 4 posts
Auctions in Spain - 0 posts
anyone living in jacarilla? advise please? - 2 posts
Place in the Sun - where are they now? - 22 posts
Would it be wise to try to switch mortgage providers - 1 posts
Hi - 4 posts
Books for sale, suit car booter. - 0 posts
Finally accepted that we need Maria's help. - 1 posts
Pool builder wanted in Calpe area - 3 posts
Buying a car - 1 posts
Questions for the wise.... - 2 posts
Economy Boost in Spain - 0 posts
TORRESAT................scrambled.... - 3 posts
Woolworths - 7 posts
asdAAAGH !!! - 7 posts
Calpe at Christmas - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x