Legalities - Here you can post all your questions

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by Laura Moreno Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Dear all,

I represent a legal firm with offices in several countries (Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Turkey, Brazil, Morocco, Egypt, Romania and Bulgaria).

With this post we want to show our will to help you answering your questions not only on the buying procedure in Spain but in any other legal assistance you may need  in this Country.

We have been in this business since 1983 acquiring a wide experience in all the practive areas of the law and are looking forward to hearing from you.

Good luck with your search and speak to you soon!

Laura Moreno

Martinez-Echevarria, Perez and Ferrero Law Offices

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 12:44 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Hi Laura,

I   draw your attention to the 'Search' facility on the bar at the top of this page.

Please type in 'Martinez-Echevarria' and read the comments posted by some of the contributors to this site.

I believe that anyone reading of their experiences of dealing with your firm would   think twice before engaging you, because I certainly would.

Before you posted your message did you not think it wise to check out the forum for any sign of negativity towards your firm?

Do you handle  your clients contracts  with the same careless disregard for their best interests?

The property 'bubble ' has burst and thousands of people are trying to get back deposits  which were completely unprotected because of the negligent or even  corrupt behaviour of many conveyancing lawyers.

In these difficult times many of these lawyers have changed hats and are now peddling themselves as litigation lawyers.  They now hope   to earn their 'big bucks' (previously raked in from trusting property purchasers) by offering an 'easy' solution to obtaining deposit refunds.

We all know the drill by now. Promise them the earth (verbally not in writing), take their money, go through the motions of making a half hearted attempt at obtaining justice then, when the outcome is negative , wash your hands of the whole thing, blame someone else and move on to the next 'sucker'.

No thank you Laura.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 3:14 PM by Laura Moreno Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Dear Sandra

Since the start of our Firm in 1983 we have been in the market offering our services and helping companies and individuals in their day to day life. Only in the last years we have seen an increase in the demand of legal services from foreign clients purchasing properties overseas. We have been handling these clients with all our respect and professionalism.

Regarding the comments you has mentioned, yes I have seen the "search" facility on the tool bar at the top of the page and yes, I have typed "Martinez Echevarria" and yes, I have read some of the comments. Then I have also seen other negative comments about other Legal Firms, other Developers and other Agencies and at the end of the day I have decided to concentrate in the direct requests. If anyone has something to say about our Legal Firm, please feel free to say it but if you are looking for solutions, get in touch with me directly and we will try to find the best way out for everyone.

We have always taken care of our clients. Nowadays a very important part of our business comes from existing clients coming back to us to resale their properties or to buy new ones (the least, now). This is proving us that we are doing things with the right work ethic and we are happy with our results.

To sum up, we are here as I said before, to help and advice you. Again, if you have any doubt or need assistance dealing with the Spanish legal system let me know. We will do our best to help you.

Kind regards.

Laura

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 3:35 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Laura,

I never distinguished 'clients' as either native or foreign.  Clients should all be treated  the same when it comes to the service you provide.

Does your firm treat foreign clients differently and is that why you used the word 'foreign' in your post when mentioning property purchasing clients?

Or is it just foreign property purchasing clients that you treat differently?

Regards,

Sandra

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 4:35 PM by peter.davies68 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

This message was last edited by peter.davies68 on 11/26/2008.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 5:38 PM by Laura Moreno Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for your answer.

We treat national and foreign clients with the same respect and profesionalism.

Best regards,

Laura Moreno

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 7:02 PM by pacolopez Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Dear Laura,

I just wanted to comment how commendable it is of your law firm to offer us free legal advice joining our resident lawyer.

I just have a few questions to ask you for which I would kindly request a straightforward yes/no reply without extending yourself.

1.- As you will be replying to our legal queries on this thread on behalf of your law firm, are you a qualified lawyer yourself ? I've had unpleasant experiences in the past in Spain with people whom posed as solicitors giving biased and vested advice when they were not even trained solicitors.

2.- Are you a marketing expert?

3.- Are martinez echevarria or Legal Independence the exclusive and only recommended law firm of real estate agency MacAnthony Realty International (MRI) for Spain as well as many other countries ?

4.- You mention your law firm has offices in Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Turkey, Brazil, Morocco, Egypt, Romania and Bulgaria. Aren't those the same countries where MRI sells overseas properties?

Thank you for your input Laura, I appreciate it.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 7:52 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

From my own purchasing experience which was dealt with by Martinez-Echevarria, Perez and Ferrero, I have to say that Sandra & Pacolopez raise some very good points.

It would be interesting to know what this firm of solicitors has done in the last 12 months to change so dramatically in the way it treats it's foreign clients.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
27 Nov 2008 11:49 AM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Laura,

Thank you for clarifying that.

Paco  raises a further question that I would like answering.

Before I heed any possible legal advice you offer, what   are your qualifications as a lawyer? 

Recently many lawyers have appeared on this site with  offers of free advice and I cannot help, perhaps cynically, thinking that this coincides with the worldwide credit crunch and consequential bankruptcies in the Spanish construction industry.

Free advice from a qualified source would indeed be gratefully recieved in these difficult times, but a wolf in sheep's  clothing trying to drum up business would not be at all welcome.

Regards,

Sandra

This message was last edited by sandra on 11/27/2008.

Like 0      
27 Nov 2008 8:26 PM by Suzie Star rating in England. 121 posts Send private message

Laura - I know nothing of you personally, but unfortunately a lot about Martinez-Echevarria.

Since last year I have been compiling a Petition for all of us with property problems (illegal builds/no bank guarantees etc etc) in Spain.  Alongside this Petition, a Lawyer Complaints Document was created, & indeed is still being added to.  No-one has been pressured to add to this document, but many have done so willingly, because they want to voice their outrage, together with the facts of their experiences.  Not only can I tell you that Martinez-Echevarria is on the list; they are at the top of it.

We have a saying in England: "A leopard never changes his spots".

For those of you who haven't signed Our Petition, PLEASE do so.  Even if you have successfully purchased in Spain but would like to add a word of support, this would be very welcome indeed.  Thank you.

www.spanishpropertyscandalpetition.co.uk

Like 0      
05 Dec 2008 8:32 PM by pacolopez Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

So what's become of the lawyer from martinez echevaria who started this thread? She's forgotten about it already? Or were the questions too difficult to answer?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Girona Grapevine - 0 posts
BravaChat Pocast 05 - 0 posts
markandjane - 5 posts
fishing on the costa blanca - 0 posts
Help please, Witness to a Crime with Force - 4 posts
Ryanair announces plans to leave Blackpool airport - 0 posts
What a nice set of folk you are - 6 posts
El Balcon de Moratalla, Caravaca, Murcia - 4 posts
What is the 'going rate' a gestoria charges? - 3 posts
zip and link beds - 1 posts
Long Term Rental Property Mar Menor Golf Resort WANTED - 5 posts
Blocks 39 & 40 - 1 posts
Entitlements - 2 posts
Golf Valley - 31 posts
Satellite Supplies in La Zenia? - 1 posts
PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION! - 10 posts
Vehicle registration & Driving Licence - what to do? - 5 posts
PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION! - 60 posts
Casa Delfine-Just off the CV91 near Orihuela - 2 posts
Christmas day lunch Marbella - 5 posts
Aifos´ bankruptcy. - 12 posts
Spanish Ecomony Blog for those interested in these things - 0 posts
Christmas Visitors - 0 posts
Plumber thinking of moving to Murcia region - needs a job!! - 3 posts
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x