What a nice set of folk you are

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

I have tried a number of forums in a genuine attempt to gain knowledge. I tend to do my research thoroughly but still keep running into brick walls, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

One forum that I tried had a screaming foul mouthed banshee as its main poster who like most keyboard warriors had to be 100% correct all the time, she actually knows very little about anything as she is incapable of listening. This forum is a breath of fresh air with intelligent posts from folk that want to help and know what they are talking about.

When I get my feet under the table I will, after a lifetime in financial services post details of a few 100% legal tax avoidence schemes (I'm not looking for business, just happy to help) that are little known or used. Spain has the most draconian taxation system that I have ever seen, unfortunately for them they are full EEC members and have to respect laws passed by the respective governments of other member states.

So I intend to ask a lot of questions of you on matters that I have gone as far as I can with. I am still bemused that in this day and age its still possible to complete on an illegal property whilst using and paying for the services of a lawyer, you guys will no doubt be able to answer this.

OK, see you soon.  

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 3:25 PM by andenca Star rating in London. 44 posts Send private message

Dear Crookesey,   welcome to the forum. You are learning very fast!   "Spain is different"!!!

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 4:23 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Welcome to EOS crookesey,

As andeca points out 'Spain is different'!!!

But with the help of a well trained, knowledgeable, determined and completely independent lawyer who has high morals and the will to change the 'Status Quo'  and with a Judiciary of a similar ilk, then you may eventually get justice.

There are laws are in place to protect the consumer but unfortunately, in Spain, it seems the penalties for breaking them are not a sufficient deterrant .

Anyhow, enjoy searching EOS and as you say they are a nice set of folk.

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 4:50 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Welcome in!

Yes, there is awesome people in this EOS.

Please keep your presence.

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 6:53 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Glad you like the forum crooksey.  We try and keep it friendly

Look forward to your "tax planning" posts!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 7:32 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Welcome to the board Crookesey. I have just described this board as a breath of fresh air, glad you feel the same, there is some really helpful and friendly people here, look forward to your posts.

Maureen

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 10:43 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Crooksey

Yes, you have found the best forum. I have had such good advice and information while we were going through the buying process. Maria has helped so many with her tireless legal advice. Made some good friends along the way too, who we meet up with when we get the chance to get over to Spain.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

El Balcon de Moratalla, Caravaca, Murcia - 4 posts
What is the 'going rate' a gestoria charges? - 3 posts
zip and link beds - 1 posts
Long Term Rental Property Mar Menor Golf Resort WANTED - 5 posts
Blocks 39 & 40 - 1 posts
Entitlements - 2 posts
Golf Valley - 31 posts
Satellite Supplies in La Zenia? - 1 posts
PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION! - 10 posts
Vehicle registration & Driving Licence - what to do? - 5 posts
PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION! - 60 posts
Casa Delfine-Just off the CV91 near Orihuela - 2 posts
Christmas day lunch Marbella - 5 posts
Aifos´ bankruptcy. - 12 posts
Spanish Ecomony Blog for those interested in these things - 0 posts
Christmas Visitors - 0 posts
Plumber thinking of moving to Murcia region - needs a job!! - 3 posts
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow - 14 posts
MAINS WATER SUPPLY - 1 posts
Long term rental required - Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Roda Golf - Cancelling Contract - 1 posts
Best Banks for Deposits - 6 posts
Sending pallets to Condado de Alhama - 2 posts
Subject: Be Alert & Cautious / Must read!! - 10 posts
November 30th we are off ... Adios UK! - 48 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x