markandjane

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by helpusfindamyfitzpatrick Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

HELP US TO FIND AMY FITZPATRICK

There is a 16 year old girl missing. Her name is Amy Fitzpatrick. She is Irish.

We are getting nowhere fast and the longer we take to find some kind of help, the further away Amy becomes. Her family live in Spain and need some help to make the public more aware.

We need your help. It is a very real, very urgent and very desperate plea. Amy has been missing now for over 10 months. Public help is needed to highlight her case. SOMEONE needs to put out their hand to her family and offer some kindness....Can that person be you please? The reason we are contacting you is there are so many British Expats in Mijas that still do not know anything about amy and we need to let these people know that she is still missing

Amy is just 16.
Amy is Irish.
Amy is lost and her family are heartbroken.
Amy may not have a voice or a choice, but you and I do.

Can you help us? Please?

Here are Amy’s details, they are just words on a screen but to her family, those words are a nightmare scenario that they have to live through everyday. Please read them and please help.

Amy Fitzpatrick disappeared on the evening of New Year’s Day 1st January 2008 at approximately 10pm when she left her friends house in the tourist resort of Riviera Del Sol on the Costa del Sol to take the 10 minute walk home.

Amy was 15 at the time of her disappearance; she has black hair, blue eyes and has a pale complexion. She is 1.65m tall and was wearing dark coloured crushed velvet tracksuit bottoms and a black T-shirt with the word “DIESEL” in various different colours when she was last seen. She had no money, phone or passport as she was still on her Mum’s passport. She was wearing her friend’s clothes and carrying a bag of her own dirty clothes.
She turned 16 on the 7th February 2008. On the night Amy disappeared she was babysitting in her friend Ashley’s home. Ashley watched Amy walk away form her door and that was the last time Amy was seen.

Amy is originally from Clare Hall on Dublin’s North side and she moved to The Costa del sol with her Mam Audrey her Brother Dean and her Stepdad Dave  four years ago 
 Her computer and phone have been checked thoroughly and nothing was found to suggest she has left voluntarily with someone. Amy has numerous sites on social networking sites, e.g. bebo, my space, face book and MSN and none of them have been touched since she went missing.
Anyone with information on what happened to Amy or her whereabouts is urged to immediately contact

Amy’s Mam: 0034 617 561 319

SPANISH POLICE 0034 952 479 030
If you were in Spain around the time that Amy disappeared and you saw something please if you havnt done so already go to the police. Amy needs to be found and we need your help to find her.
To speak to the police in English 0034 636 079 619

FOR AMY'S OFFICIAL POSTER PLEASE CONTACT ME HERE AND I WILL PASS IT ONTO YOU.

THANK YOU

ANTOINETTE MCLOUGHLIN
ON BEHALF OF AUDREY FITZPATRICK (AMY'S MAM)
ALL INFORMATION HERE IS UP WITH THE PERMISSION OF AUDREY

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 3:48 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Let us hope that the coming Christmas and New Year holiday jogs someones memory about an incident which just might help to find Amy.

People who were in that part of Spain last year, and who are returning this year ,might like to spend a couple of minutes reflecting on where they were at the time Amy went missing and on what they saw. 

It just might help find her.

Like 0      
27 Nov 2008 7:43 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

My best wishes and my company with efforts and prayers.

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
28 Nov 2008 9:29 PM by CaroleM Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

I, too hope there will be news of Amy soon. (She is a little younger than my own daughter, ) I just can't imagine how her parents, family & friends are feeling.

My thoughts are with you all

Carole and family

Like 0      
01 Dec 2008 6:06 PM by sitesafegirl Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

this is so sad coming up to the one year anniversary of her disappearance, I noticed the posters in all the shops when i was in Calahonda earlier this year and also saw Amy's family on GMTV interview later in the year.

I do so hope she is found alive and well.

Like 0      
02 Dec 2008 1:12 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

We were in Calahonda in the spring and noticed the posters, its very sad. The Spanish authorities have had Amy's phone and computer 'thoroughly' checked, I'm not quite sure what 'thoroughly' means to the Spanish police. I would get them checked out by the Irish police, or better still the UK police who work closely with the Irish authorities.

We noticed, for the first time in 7 years, that there were some very unsavoury Spanish yobs congregating on the beach infront of Dona Lola, they appeared to be high on something and were consuming copious amounts of spirits before smashing the empty bottles on the rocks. A couple of them approached me for cigarettes and soon started to talk about their 'skunk' dealings. Although I'm in my 60's I am tall and well built so when I told them to FO, they duly obliged.

I had a word with the management at Dona Lola and was told that they are sick and tired of them, but the police do nothing when they report them. These guys don't live on the beach, they probably make their ill gotten gains around urbanisations like Riviera, you can't miss them they are the nearest thing Spain has to chavs.

Well just a thought, but better out than in, fingers crossed that Amy is OK.  

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

fishing on the costa blanca - 0 posts
Help please, Witness to a Crime with Force - 4 posts
Ryanair announces plans to leave Blackpool airport - 0 posts
What a nice set of folk you are - 6 posts
El Balcon de Moratalla, Caravaca, Murcia - 4 posts
What is the 'going rate' a gestoria charges? - 3 posts
zip and link beds - 1 posts
Long Term Rental Property Mar Menor Golf Resort WANTED - 5 posts
Blocks 39 & 40 - 1 posts
Entitlements - 2 posts
Golf Valley - 31 posts
Satellite Supplies in La Zenia? - 1 posts
PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION! - 10 posts
Vehicle registration & Driving Licence - what to do? - 5 posts
PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION! - 60 posts
Casa Delfine-Just off the CV91 near Orihuela - 2 posts
Christmas day lunch Marbella - 5 posts
Aifos´ bankruptcy. - 12 posts
Spanish Ecomony Blog for those interested in these things - 0 posts
Christmas Visitors - 0 posts
Plumber thinking of moving to Murcia region - needs a job!! - 3 posts
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow - 14 posts
MAINS WATER SUPPLY - 1 posts
Long term rental required - Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Roda Golf - Cancelling Contract - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x