Furniture / kitchen recommendations

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

This week is Semana Gastronomica in Jumilla.  All the restaurants on the Ruta del Vino Jumilla are offering special menus at 30 euros including drinks (wine, water and coffee).  There are free guided tours of the town on Saturday and Sunday (you need to book with the tourist office), and traditional music in one of the plazas on Sunday at 12 noon.

In addition, this weekend the following bodegas will be open between 10 and 1 on both Saturday and Sunday, and they will be having free wine tastings:

BSI.  Finca Omblancas.  Pedro Luis Martinez (Alceno).  Carchelo.  Hacienda del Carche.  Silvano Garcia Bodegas.  Casa de la Ermita.  J.M. Martinez Verdu.  Vina Campanero.

As we have signed up for the guided tour on Saturday morning (which leaves Teatro Vico at 10.30) we are hoping that it doesn't last too long or - even better! - that it includes at least one bodega in the tour!

If anybody is going to be in or near Jumilla this week and wants further details, let me know.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 8:57 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar
Suemac

I would just love to be there right now.  Enjoy your weekend.

Regards

Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
08 Nov 2008 10:45 AM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

We visited Jumilla about 5 weeks ago. Lots of free wine tasting in the Bodegas and a superb menu del dia including wine, water, coffee. 12 Euros.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2008 7:19 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Fly380 (or can I call you Fly?!)

Yes, we know about the free wine tasting, as we visited two of the bodegas in town this afternoon!  Obviously you can also buy wine there a bit cheaper than in the shops.

Where did you go for your menu del dia?  Most places we know are 10 euros or less, and they are are good.  PM me before your next visit and I can give you a couple of names, and maybe have a glass of vino with you.

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      
08 Nov 2008 7:50 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Hi suemac - can't remember the name of the restaurant - it was recommended by a vineyard on the way into Jumilla from Murcia. I just wondered what the 30 Euros was about - cheers Fly

Like 0      
09 Nov 2008 10:13 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Fly

Now I'm intrigued!  The restaurants that most people recommend are Casa Sebastian, near the mercado, but they don't do menu del dia, San Agustin on the edge of town (not sure about menu del dia there as only been in the evening and for Sunday lunch),  Loreto (their menu costs more, but is available in the evening) and Reyes Catolicos. Any of them ring a bell?

We went to Loreto on Friday night with a couple of Spanish friends and had the gastonomic menu (30 euro one): olives to start with, followed by 6 starters, bread, then our main course, and finally a selection of Jumillano pastries with a lovely soft meringue dessert.  As well as the selected wine, Genus, we had a bottle of Cuco del Ardal Seleccion 2007, a glass of dulce Monastrell with our postres, a bottle of mineral water and coffee. Six of us are going to Casa Luzon today for lunch, so I hope it's as good.  We wouldn't normally spend 30 euros at lunch time, but we've never been there, and our friends are driving us there (it's out of town), so it's a good chance to try somewhere near.

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      
09 Nov 2008 10:24 AM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Hi suemac - we asked at the last vinyard on the left coming from Murcia. Quite a posh one - can't remember the name. They said to go to the roundabout - turn left - go to the end of the road - left again and it was on the right. It was a monday and not many restaurants are open we were told. After the winetastings hic - we went to the park in the middle of town. There is a nice bar by the park. Will see if I can locate the restaurant on the net - cheers Fly

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Diesel Renault Scenic for sale. (small people carrier shape) - 6 posts
markandjane - 17 posts
How do you survive without Speaking Spanish - 41 posts
Moving to Costa del Sol - job help for Gib etc would be great - 21 posts
Obama is the new US president - 4 posts
E BOOK CRISIS! - 6 posts
looking for 3bed rental in algorfa area for march09 long term - 0 posts
Cox, near Orihuela. - 1 posts
stamp duty - 3 posts
markandjane - 0 posts
ITV on a Moped - 1 posts
Is property exchange legal in Spain? - 5 posts
Easy Jet Credit Card - 3 posts
Has anybody used Murcia Furniture? - 10 posts
Daisy - 10 posts
Asturias - 2 posts
Handing the keys over - 2 posts
Spanish Driving Licence - 2 posts
health care in catalunya - 1 posts
Average Percentage - 2 posts
Gardens of manilva country club - 0 posts
Telemicro is back... - 18 posts
Generator for sale - 0 posts
Selling In UK? - 0 posts
Hidden Charges.mmm - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x