How do you get your money back rom Villapac?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jan 2009 1:57 PM by hayles72 Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Hello all,

I have also been dealing with Villapac, I have ordered furniture and paid them over £5K and asked for a refund minus the £500 deposit. I was promised that it would be in my bank within 10 days that was in August. I have been chasing them ever since and they are just really nasty and have just turned round and told me they do not have any money to pay me back. (charming).

I WOULD NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE AGAIN AS THEY HAVE JUST STOLE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
07 Jan 2009 11:02 AM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Hi me again, see Villapac are still stealing peoples money, it should not be allowed! I have had a few private msgs from EOS members asking for advice on getting thier money back. I am one of the lucky ones who got more or less what I wanted, but not without a big fight. Does anyone know if there is any Spanish consumer legislation that people can bring against this so called "company"?

I am also dissapointed that EOS even promote them when so many are being swizzed by Villapac, poor showing EOS. Comments welcome............

Like 0      
07 Jan 2009 5:28 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

It's a British company, so all the consumer law you need would be here. The best way is to write and ask for your money back, send it recorded delivery. If you get no response after 30 days, use the small claims service at the county court, you can do it online and it doesn't cost a great deal. Serve them with a summons and see what happens. If they don't turn up in court, or offer to settle out of court, the judge will place a judgement against them. You can then (for another small sum of money) send in the bailiffs. I had great satisfaction doing that to a restaurant where I maintained their fish tanks, bailiffs arriving to seize goods during lunch time trade? Please take payment and leave the premises Mr Bailiff . Of course, they could then say that nothing in the offices belonged to them which means it can't be taken, but they still have the outstanding judgement which wil make it harder for them to get the credit they want from suppliers. You can then put in for a winding up order against them. Unfortunately, you would then have lost your money, but how satisfying would it be to beat the thieving g+ts at their own game .

Mark

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 7:49 AM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Thanks for your advice Mark, I am sure there are quite a considerable number of people out there who will be doing as you say. I look forward to hearing how they have got as there has been an understandable feelinging of dispair in the private msgs I have been receiving from people who have had their money taken but got nothing in return.

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 9:11 AM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

Marksfish has given some sound advice here, in all likelyhood if a company intentds not to honour its pledges etc it is highly likely to have several subsidiary companies (although many genuine companies have these for tax reasons) meaning that their office etc is owned by a different company once one of the companies have racked up several ccjs they wil not be able to receive any credit and all will then make further searches which will reveal most "associated" companies.

Good luck.

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
29 Jan 2009 2:13 PM by jil611 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I have had my furniture delivered over a period of 8 months Like all the other creditors not without a fight! Unfortunately the origial order was badly designed and advised for my apartment so nothing fit  I did manage to get items changed but ended up with returning  a dining table and chairs , no refund given and the exchanged beds were cheaper than I had originally paid but of course they have no money to refund me

I do not know how much I am owed as they have never given me a price for the beds although I know how much I paid for the table  I asked Lesley for items in lieu of money but after a week no response, you dont get anywhere  Rob in UK Accounts at Bolton has not replied to my second letter by email and his response referred to the terms and conditions which clearly stated

that anything going wrong would be our fault basically They wont accept any responsibility

As has been said only recourse is to go to Small Claims  Also always pay any big purchase by CC and then they will be responsible although in htis case there is a 2% charge which is a lot on £10.000 of furniture  I feel very badly done by and estimate whats owed me to be around a £1000 at most and feel so sorry for others

This message was last edited by jil611 on 1/29/2009.

Like 0      
29 Jan 2009 2:23 PM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Hi Jil611, Sorry to hear you have been stung with Villapac. I don't know how the owner(s) can sleep at night. They seem top mirepresent the situation and when you ask for money back they "laugh in your face". I know that's tough to hear but sounds like you experience what I have. People keep clear of this lot, or make sure you don't pay up front.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 1:01 PM by matterhorn Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We are currently have a nightmare with Villapac,we visited the showroom in September and ordered a furniture package, paid for in full in October with delivery in December, a week before installation I phoned to find out when they were delivering, only then was I told they what they could not deliver, main thing being a sofabed, but promised would all be in by end of Jan, about half the package was delivered first wk of Dec, but are still waiting for the rest. We have been told that they have no money to pay to get the good released from the port, as they are waiting for money from other corporate clients, and until they pay they can not pay to get the goods, also to may it worse the ports are also adding storage costs.

I have tried all week to get hold of anybody but all phones have answer phones on I have left messages but no one replies. have now tried email and waiting a reply.

We used them 2 years ago and they were great no problmes hense we used them again, but would never recommend them to anyone.

Hopefully I might get a reply.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2009 2:18 PM by hairbear Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

In the Murcia area there is a furniture company that will try and match furniture types to finish your property if important items are missing from Villapac. They have dealt with many ex villpac clients that were let down.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2009 9:48 AM by Faulky444 Star rating in Rossendale, Lancashi.... 399 posts Send private message

Does anyone know for sure that Villa Pac have gone out of business? I did use them but had to pay an extra £425 to get my furniture out of their warehouse and consider myself lucky to have recovered my property before it could have been seized resulting in a total loss to me.

I do think they are still selling to clients in the UK and if true that must be against British trading standards legislation. I am about to make contact with the TS office in Bolton as I feel obligated to stop sharp trading methods to unsuspecting clients.

Any attempts to contact now seems to be falling on deal ears. No phone responses or emails.

Jon Faulkner.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2009 10:45 AM by hairbear Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

They seem to be still going but naybody new should steer well clear. I did some work for a client who had bought from them for delivery in Murcia and they charged an extra 500e on top of the agreed figure to deliver the goods. They then just left them in the house didnt build them up (alot were flat pack) and didnt respond when parts were missing. This is not the first time this has happened either.  THIS IS FACT NOT FICTION.

Steer clear.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2009 6:37 AM by Steve75 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I too have had exactly the same problems with Villapac that have been documented here. But, just to let you all know that after following the very useful advice of some of the posters here, I contacted trading standards and the small claims court. The next day and after 3 months of phone calls and emails without reply I contacted Villapac quoting our complaint to the trading standard authority as well as the act of parliament by which we as consumers are covered and within 24 hours received a full refund in Sterling for the missing goods.

I would urge anyone having problems with Villapac to contact Trading Standards and the small claims court. Immediately put it in writing to Villapac by recorded delivery giving them 7 to 14 days to refund the missing goods in cash and see how quickly they then respond to your calls ! Keep at them and do follow up your legal threats as that is the only way they will sit up and take notice.

We are still missing a few goods but feel we've got sufficient compensation to go out and get new goods independently and although this is the hassle we didn't want we feel far more happier that its all back in our control.

Good luck

Steve 

Like 0      
13 Apr 2009 8:35 AM by hairbear Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

Well done and good luck.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 9:49 AM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Well done Steve75. These types of companies deserve to go bust. They will amke all sorts of promises, take your money, then keep you waiting and not hold their part of the bargain. Like you say KEEP WELL CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY!

Like 0      
16 May 2009 8:10 AM by Anita Star rating in Surrey / Corvera Gol.... 500 posts Send private message

Just wondered if anyone had any updated news on Villapac.  We paid a deposit four years ago and our property is now ready for completion.  Do not want to loose our deposit, but will not pay any more if financial stability of this company is still in question

Like 0      
16 May 2009 8:17 AM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Anita, don't wish to scare you but I would be extremely careful about giving this company any more of your cash, dispite any "promises" they make. I don't know their exact financial situation, but from past experience/correspondance, (check out this thread), I can't believe its good at all. You may well have lost your deposit by now. If anyome from Villapak is reading this, (I know you do) and can demonstrate that is not the case and indeed can demonstrate that Villapak are a thriving company come and shock us all. My advise, at best try and get your deposit back, or delivery before payment, (yeah right). Otherwise, you'll have a long wait, wont get what you ordereded anyway and at worst will get nothing! Be VERY WARY!

Like 0      
16 May 2009 10:26 AM by Anita Star rating in Surrey / Corvera Gol.... 500 posts Send private message

Thanks Firefly, you just confirmed what I thought.  Perhaps I should just count myself lucky in spotting this thread before handing over any more money - thank Heavens for EOS.

Regards, Anita.

Like 0      
16 May 2009 11:02 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

If you have already paid a substantial deposit, first of all, was it paid by credit card? If so, try to make use of the consumer credit law by contacting your credit card company and asking what you can do. Secondly, if the credit card company can't help you or you didn't pay the deposit that way, pay some of the remainder (or all, even if you have the cash) of the balance of the goods with a credit card (not a debit card), this way they become liable for the FULL VALUE of the goods, including any deposit peviously paid. Not an ideal solution i'm afraid, but it could see you getting a complete refund and not just losing your deposit.

Mark

Like 0      
16 May 2009 11:41 AM by hairbear Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

Anita

Be careful ref credit card payments as well. If CC company prove you knew there was a problem before you paid your second payment, they may be able to get out of it. Decision really depends on the size of the deposit you paid, was it alot?

Like 0      
16 May 2009 12:20 PM by Anita Star rating in Surrey / Corvera Gol.... 500 posts Send private message

Hi Hairbear / Marksfish

Thanks for your replies.  I have sent you both private messages.  Didn't put in a subject though - hope you can still retrieve them!

Regards, Anita.

This message was last edited by Anita on 16/05/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Best way to Drive: London to Malaga - 11 posts
Security - 2 posts
Buying a car in Cartagena / Murcia - 3 posts
Refund on Off plan development - 4 posts
life insurance - 1 posts
Are Banks cutting Back on lending - 1 posts
Documents you should carry with you - 14 posts
NOT completing - how long to wait for court case - 3 posts
Sunny Dublin - 0 posts
Viewings on development threads - 2 posts
Arrives the automatically way to enforce sanctions by criminal offence in all EU territory. - 1 posts
Telefonica Domo2 Telephone Manual in English Required - 5 posts
Buildings Insurance without a cédula - 1 posts
Long therm rental wanted in Orihuela Costa. (Pianist and Optican). - 2 posts
Play Piano with *Larissa Yvonne* Pianoteacher based in Orihuela Costa - 0 posts
LFO Clause - 11 posts
CLASS 2 LORRY DRIVER LOOKING FOR WORK. BASED IN ROJALES BUT CAN TRAVEL. - 1 posts
CHEVROLET ASTRO 1996 BLACK 7 SEATER MINI VAN FOR SALE VGC - 2 posts
Japanese banks now suffering - 0 posts
Are postal votes at an AGM Legal? - 15 posts
Tax on UK rental income - 9 posts
private messages - 2 posts
Contact me if you are looking to buy in block 7 - open to all offers!! - 1 posts
Ex-Presidents thread (others welcome) - 3 posts
Teenagers and vocational courses in Spain after leaving school in Costa Blanca Region ( Javea) - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 119

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x