How do you get your money back rom Villapac?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Nov 2008 6:01 PM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

So does my journey will VillaPak end today or does it not? I had hoped to be able to tell you all by now! However, unfortunately, I cannot! 

I can't contact they key holder just yet, (probably relaxing and why not he is in Spain and on vacation!), thus I am on tenterhooks wondering if the VillaPak boys/girls have done as they said they would and delivered the items outstanding! 

Now you all might think that that is not a matter for stress but believe me when you have had so many false dawns, the stress level builds, especially as I have paid for the goods 6 months ago and I am a Scot!!

Looks like the Villapak chapter continues..........................

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 6:08 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

05 Nov 2008 6:25 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

This message was last edited by esteban19120 on 29/05/2009.

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 7:08 PM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

UPDATE!!, just spoke to they key holder and he says that "they have delivered today,but some things are missing", there was not a lot for them to bring so how they could forget sometings god only knows!! 

I just cannot believe a company can be so sloppy! I listed the items they agreed that was correct they said they would be on the delivery van I triple checked with them, for goodness sake, (that's me being polite), what do I have to do run their operation for them!!?? Anyway enough of that rant. 

Looks like I will once again have to make a special trip, at my expense, to see what has not arrived! The Nightmare that is VillaPak apears to continue!!

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 7:19 PM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Mark thanks for the fingers crossed, hopefully I have got most of the "important stuff" delivered, god only knows!

Esteban, you seem to have insider knowledge and from what you say there may be moves within Villapak to act responsibily, good move by whomever has posed that point, wish I could speak with Him/Her!!!!

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 7:33 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 7:41 PM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Esteban, my experience is that the person I speak with and e-mail etc etc.  at VillaPak is genuine, but is let down by the company as you seem to suggest. 

However, that is not my fault, and I am not suggesting that you are saying that, mearly that companies that want to survive should take this type of thing very seriously, VillaPak I am not sure do this. If there is limited or no competition then companies can get away with terrible service, (who said Telefonica!!). I hope ther so called credit crunch sorts out ther wheat from the chaff in this aspect!

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 8:07 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 8:22 PM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Esteban, I hope you are okay! Sorry to hear about your VillaPac saga, your experince has obviously been worse that mine. I am only missing some furiture.....

Pity a person with your excellent attitude was "let go", but no doubt you will find smoething else??

Best wishes

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 8:35 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Like 0      
13 Nov 2008 12:59 PM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Hi all, its me back again with the long running soap opera that is dealing with Villapac.

Okay where are we up to? Well Villapac were to deliver the balance of furniture, plus some items by way of compensation on 5th November, (a "fireworks night" fitting date really). Guess what? The items actually arrived, woo hoo!!

However, the good news is short lived, as when I asked the keyholder what had actually been delivered, he had some bad news!

I could have predicted this but Villapac had not:

1. Delivered the wardrobe we ordered, they say they discontinued the one we wanted, even though its on the order form and in the showroom!!?

2. They had "forgotten about" a chest or drawers

3. The compensatory items they had agreed to were also "forgotten about", frustrating or what!!

4. Did not pay the keyholder as they had agreed to do.

Looks like its more hassle for me as I think its time to get my money back and go elsewhere. They have suggested I go to their showroom in Spain but this misses the point. Choosing the furniture here in the UK makes it easy for us that's why we paid a premium, but its NOT been worth it. Leslely at Villapac seems to do her best dispite Villapac's procedures that seem designed to trip up where possible. The saga goes on, will let you know if it ever ends.

Like 0      
05 Dec 2008 4:22 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Any good news?

Mark

Like 0      
05 Dec 2008 4:59 PM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Hi Mark,

Possibly, I am expecting all items that were outstanding to be delivered next week, will let you know. Hope fully I can bring the saga to an end. Will definately post the facts.

Like 0      
05 Dec 2008 4:59 PM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Hi Mark,

Possibly, I am expecting all items that were outstanding to be delivered next week, will let you know. Hope fully I can bring the saga to an end. Will definately post the facts.

Like 0      

Hi Mark,

Like 0      
15 Dec 2008 7:45 PM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Hi all, back again with the concluding episode of "How to get your money back from Villapac"!!

Firstly, I must say that after nearly six months of a saga to get what was promised, I canmnot say that the experience was a pleasure or that getting your money back from them is easy by any means, however there are positives, (clouds and silver linings??).

1. We now have all the furniture we asked for, all be it that one wardrobe, 2 sets of drawers and 1 chest of drawers are not the one we ordered in the first place. However, we have furniture which is of equivalent/better quality. We decided that after so long we would cut an run on the actual items just in case we got nothing.

2. We got our money back on the leather suite they did not deliver.

3. They provided some garden furniture free of charge by way of compensation.

4. We have learned never to pay up front the whole amount to any supplier no matter what they promise, or which website promotes them, (EOS)!

The negatives I have covered before and don't wish to go over them again, as we now feel we are out of that particular unpleasant situation.

The advice, shop locally, or stick with a company who will take payment when you receive the items, (or at least only pay a small deposit). Not sure how Villapac are doing or where they will end up as a company and I feel sorry for some of the staff who seem to be trying to help but the system seems to stop them, Lesley is one who seems to try.

Won't ever be using them again, sorry Villapac, what you told us would be hassle free was anything but!

Like 0      
15 Dec 2008 8:52 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Glad you have your items, albeit not all that you ordered and that a refund was finally forthcoming. All that's left now is to wish you well in your new abode .

Mark

Like 0      
15 Dec 2008 9:50 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

My next door neighbour (in the UK) was accepted by two dragons last year on Dragons Den-for those moving consider www.blindsinabox.co.uk or .com circa £30 for a box of 6 blinds that you can cut to size and reuse. Also little or no extra weight if taking them out with you.

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2008 9:20 AM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Like 0      
16 Dec 2008 9:20 AM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Hi i would like to make a last post on this and close this post, as you can see villapac have come through in the end with possitive action although it has taken longer than many people would have liked, i think that no one could have for seen how bad this credit crunch was going to have and with big big company  going bust ever day i for one as an ex employe of villapac would like to wish them and there staff all the best for the future, and to all customers of them a merry xmas.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Best way to Drive: London to Malaga - 11 posts
Security - 2 posts
Buying a car in Cartagena / Murcia - 3 posts
Refund on Off plan development - 4 posts
life insurance - 1 posts
Are Banks cutting Back on lending - 1 posts
Documents you should carry with you - 14 posts
NOT completing - how long to wait for court case - 3 posts
Sunny Dublin - 0 posts
Viewings on development threads - 2 posts
Arrives the automatically way to enforce sanctions by criminal offence in all EU territory. - 1 posts
Telefonica Domo2 Telephone Manual in English Required - 5 posts
Buildings Insurance without a cédula - 1 posts
Long therm rental wanted in Orihuela Costa. (Pianist and Optican). - 2 posts
Play Piano with *Larissa Yvonne* Pianoteacher based in Orihuela Costa - 0 posts
LFO Clause - 11 posts
CLASS 2 LORRY DRIVER LOOKING FOR WORK. BASED IN ROJALES BUT CAN TRAVEL. - 1 posts
CHEVROLET ASTRO 1996 BLACK 7 SEATER MINI VAN FOR SALE VGC - 2 posts
Japanese banks now suffering - 0 posts
Are postal votes at an AGM Legal? - 15 posts
Tax on UK rental income - 9 posts
private messages - 2 posts
Contact me if you are looking to buy in block 7 - open to all offers!! - 1 posts
Ex-Presidents thread (others welcome) - 3 posts
Teenagers and vocational courses in Spain after leaving school in Costa Blanca Region ( Javea) - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 119

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x