How do you get your money back rom Villapac?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Oct 2008 6:54 PM by drsue Star rating in NE Hants/Costa Cali.... 29 posts Send private message

We used Villapac and found the owner to be most unpleasant. 
I complained after visiting the Milton keynes branch when it was new ,because nowhere did they state in their showroom that the prices did not include VAT. Having walked around choosing things with the sales guy, when we got our quote it was way over what we'd totted up in our head (from the prices he'd given us) and refused to order there and then despite huge pressure from the sales guy.We  went home and studied the quote aand it became apparent that VAT had not been quoted on any prices. If it were a trade showroom that may be what is expected but it isn't a trade sowroom.
 When I rang and complained I later got an aggreesive phone call from the owne( a Brit)r who lives in Spain. he basically said he was doing everyone a big favour by having his company! and didn't believe you had to tell the actual price ..He was a nasty piece of work.
Despite this and against our better judgement we did use them for "large" furniture and lights because we just didn't have the time to get over to Spain before our holiday and needed somewhere to sleep!
The furniture was OK, the installers put the beds for upstairs downstairs +vice versa. The "leather" lamps/table mats coasters were all PVC and not leather as described.
We eventually managed to get installers back to move the furniture and they were very good.
I subsequently complained about the PVC stuff which was stated as leather on the invoice and initially they said it was "leather look" the same! We only got our money back when we threatened them with local trading standards. The money was very quickly forthcoming after this, they gave us a full refund for all the incorrectly advertised stuff. We kept it all.

Go down the legal/trading standards route. Be an utter PAIN IN THE A***. If you're in the UK I would keep ringing te head office in Bolton. get your name known and quote the law. I'm sure you will get your money back.
I would never recommend Villapac to anyone. Our neighbours in Spain had a different bad experience with them I believe again over sofas that couldnt be obtained.
Good luck

Like 0      
06 Oct 2008 7:00 PM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Hi Morerosado, you are absolutely right! 

Actually we looked from Monte Pago all the way down to Mazarron, took our time and there was loads and loads of driving. We looked at lots of properties from new builds to pretty crappy run down re-sales that really were yuk! 

Eventually my other half annd I fell in love with a Villa within 900m2 plot in Cap de la Nao. Needs a wee bit of work cosmetic really to get it to our taste, but that's what I am for she says! Actually, I secretly love doing the little jobs find it quite therapeutic and don't have to rush anything but don't tell her! 

I never actually twigged that anyone would be interested in my experience of buying. The whole process was actually much simpler that I thought it would be, but that may be because the property was a re-sale with no complications?? The vendors an old Swiss couple who were moving back to Switzerland actually took us out for a slap up meal after we had completed and we had they keys! We are 5-10 mins from Javea/L'Arenal, and 15mins from the equally lovely Moraira. My only complaint, (apart from Villapac), is that I can't be there more often! 

Looking forward to getting my cash back from Villapak though, this site has been a great help!

Like 0      
06 Oct 2008 7:11 PM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Thanks Drsue, If only I had done a bit more research on Villapac, but there you go only so much time and I guess overall the whole process of buying was smooth, never thought the furniture would be the issue! The owe me well over 2,000 Euros, but as you say they don't give you any itemised bill crafty aren't they, I also think this must be doubious legally, might look into that as well. 

Like you say I plan to be a pain in the backside with them as being patient and a nice guy has got me zip! Quoting Section 75 of the consumer credit act is where I am at! (Thanks to Mark for that advice!)

Like 0      
07 Oct 2008 7:40 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

If you are buying from this company you should be very carefull as they are suffering as a result of the credit crunch and have some supply and service issues

One of the reasons that you are not receiving responses from e-mail and calls is because most of the office staff in the UK have recently been made redundant

In the Costa Blanca they have just, legally stated on the Spanish employment requirements, due to financial reasons, made redundant all but one of their local staff, all of their fitters and they are closing their warehouse

This now means that for all fitting, stock and replacements staff from the Costa Del Sol are having to travel to this area and we have seen an increasing number of customer complaints in this area

Our advice remains that if yoy buy any pack hld back at least 20% of the payments till it is completed

Like 0      
07 Oct 2008 8:12 AM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Thanks Roy, a good warning to people considering buying from this lot, I am having a real issue with them. Hopefully my credit card company will be able to help and I will get my cash back from them under SECTION 75!.

Like 0      
07 Oct 2008 10:04 PM by Doug and Chris Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi We also ordered furniture from Villapac - and after a visit in Aug found quite a few items missing are due back out in Spain Oct 23, have been told everything delivered to Alicante apart from TV.  No answer to my recent e mail asking for firm delivery date.
 Will keep you posted

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 7:26 AM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Hi Doug and Chris, interesting to hear that Villapac say they are delivering your stuff on the 23rd Oct. They say they will deliver what is outsranding (except the leather suite), within the in the next 2 weeks, I wait with baited breath. I had to tell them what furniture that we had not received, can you believe that, what kind of systems does this company have! I am not confident they will deliver but will keep you updated. Got through to their accounts whom I quoted section 75 of consumer credit, will keep you all updated on the saga. Hope you get your stuff on the 23rd, do let me know.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 8:01 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Hi

Just to say, it is the credit card company you need to quote section 75 to, not Villapac. The card company have a responsibility towards the problem under the consumer credit act, unfortunately Villapc don't have that obligation as you did not enter into any credit agreement with them themselves.

Mark

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 8:16 AM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Cheers Mark,

Sorry, you are right to point it out and I should have been clearer. I have both spoken and written to the Credit card company with all the details and they are looking into it and will get back to me. Made me feel better to "tell" Villapac what I was going to do. Although, I can't help feel that I may be risking the rest of the furniture and TV that they say they are going to deliver. Now I would just like it to be cleared up its very distracting and I just want to enjoy our new place.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 2:50 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

This message was last edited by esteban19120 on 29/05/2009.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 3:07 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 3:13 PM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

If you can believe the comments, it seems they have been hit by the credit crunch and have had to lay off staff. This has caused lots of issues, customer service and supply being a big negative issue. 

Obviously I could not substantiate this its just what people have replied earlier in the thread. What is your experience?

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 3:20 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 3:38 PM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Nicely put esteban. All I can say is that I have never dealt with a company with so little regard for their customers and with such poor customer service. Since in most companies the managments attitute filters down to the staff I can only think you are quite correct. Also they are wasting my money as they have not and are not delivering what I ordered, a bad experience to say the least. Wonder what eye on spain think as they reccommend/advertise Villapac??

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 3:43 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

In fairness to the forum I don´t thnk that they have advertised or recomended them for some time

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 3:46 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 3:47 PM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

Okay, I am all for fairness, but if you click the "Tools" tab and then "Furniture offer", there you go.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 3:53 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Apologies I missed that one as I knew that they used to have a benner on the site

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 3:55 PM by Firefly Star rating in Manchester/Javea. 56 posts Send private message

No worries Rob, just wish I had missed that one then I wouldn't have all this hassle, but hindsight and all that.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 3:57 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Perhaps dropping a line to Justin will make him look at the problem? I know he looked into something with a currency trader that they recommended once.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Best way to Drive: London to Malaga - 11 posts
Security - 2 posts
Buying a car in Cartagena / Murcia - 3 posts
Refund on Off plan development - 4 posts
life insurance - 1 posts
Are Banks cutting Back on lending - 1 posts
Documents you should carry with you - 14 posts
NOT completing - how long to wait for court case - 3 posts
Sunny Dublin - 0 posts
Viewings on development threads - 2 posts
Arrives the automatically way to enforce sanctions by criminal offence in all EU territory. - 1 posts
Telefonica Domo2 Telephone Manual in English Required - 5 posts
Buildings Insurance without a cédula - 1 posts
Long therm rental wanted in Orihuela Costa. (Pianist and Optican). - 2 posts
Play Piano with *Larissa Yvonne* Pianoteacher based in Orihuela Costa - 0 posts
LFO Clause - 11 posts
CLASS 2 LORRY DRIVER LOOKING FOR WORK. BASED IN ROJALES BUT CAN TRAVEL. - 1 posts
CHEVROLET ASTRO 1996 BLACK 7 SEATER MINI VAN FOR SALE VGC - 2 posts
Japanese banks now suffering - 0 posts
Are postal votes at an AGM Legal? - 15 posts
Tax on UK rental income - 9 posts
private messages - 2 posts
Contact me if you are looking to buy in block 7 - open to all offers!! - 1 posts
Ex-Presidents thread (others welcome) - 3 posts
Teenagers and vocational courses in Spain after leaving school in Costa Blanca Region ( Javea) - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 119

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x