We want your happy stories ONLY

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by vindaloo26 Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Plase confirm pictures dated the 16/01/07 no. 70065 3rd picture was a corner plot or an end plot?  My email address is sweetie26@hotmail.com.   Thanks.  Vi

Like 0      
12 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Why is it that we only ever hear about everyone's bad experiences when buying a property or moving to Spain?

This is going to be our happy message board.  If you've got something good to say about your experience when buying in Spain, moving to Spain, living in Spain, etc., then we want to hear about it here.

ONLY HAPPY MESSAGES ARE ALLOWED

All sad/ negative stories will be removed!

Welcome to all you happy people.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Feb 2007 4:24 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

12 Feb 2007 4:58 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2007 5:36 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Im a happy person too. Sun was lovely earlier today and got a slight tan yesterday sitting in the garden.

Cant beat that in mid february!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Feb 2007 5:57 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

12 Feb 2007 6:12 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Hello

My happy story. Went to Spain house hunting a few years back, got really badly sunburnt to the point i couldnt walk. (Smiley, jeansis stop sniggering) So rang the doctor, he said

"do you want me to come to you?"

Absolutely gobsmacked that a doctor offered to come and see me i replied

"no my husband will carry me down to you"

then he replied

"ok well I will see you in 10minutes then".

It was brilliant,  not only did a doctor offer to visit me but he saw me so quickly. He gave me a telling off for frying my shins and thighs ( i really didnt mean to) , gave me some medication and sent me on my way. It was all so efficient that I wondered if he was a real doctor or just someone wanting to look at my thighs........ He was a doctor and I got better in no time.

Spanish health system... brilliant in my experience.

Tina

This message was last edited by tinasolera on 2/12/2007.

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
12 Feb 2007 6:15 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
We're happy!! Just completed last week! Agents doing snagging on Wednesday! Water and electricity should be connected by then, although might not be, but no more than two weeks confirmed! Bought off plan three and a half years ago and nearly a year late late (well, we have stretched it out ourselves!!), saw the flat last summer and fantastic! Chose very carefully and knew the area and can't wait to benefit from using the place!!!! Blah, di Blah, di Blah!! We are amongst the happy ones, we are very pleased to say! And, on top of everything else, we bought through Ocean Estates!!!! And we are still happy!!! We are amongst those who did have a good experience - even though we may have even paid a few thousand euros over the top, we are okay with that. No problems, done deal and everything going smoothly! Can't wait to be there and supping the San Miquel!!

Like 0      
12 Feb 2007 10:32 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

We are happy  it's the best thing we've ever done. Although the more we come over on breaks the harder it is to come back home . Can't wait until it's time to pack in work and retire to the sun. in the meantime the hols and breaks are great.

Gina

Like 0      
12 Feb 2007 10:36 PM by scrufty Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

scrufty´s avatar

" Is it just me ? "

Well obviously not, I'm so pleased to see my naive enquiry has led to a whole new message board.

I'm still months off completing, the place might  be late or even early , I've no idea what the exchange rate will be, how good or bad the snagging might be, whether there will be issues regarding "black money" but I really don't care because I'm so excited about having a place in Spain. A place where the sun shines so much more than the North East (yes we do sometimes get sun), your children can play on clean beaches, eating out doesn't have to cost a small fortune and you can barbecue more than twice a year.

Yes there might be issues to endure but they are for other message boards, for now how lucky I am and how excited,  just like a child in sweet shop   .

Like 0      
12 Feb 2007 10:51 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Scrufty,

I know exactly how you feel. It is very exciting isn't it? We only completed Jan just gone so haven't had the keys yet until we can get over Easter. We went over Boxing day and rented until 4th Jan. I just got to say it was the best New Year's Eve ever. !st one at midnight with Madrid on big screen then an hour later with Big Ben and Jools for another one. It was brilliant.

Gina

Like 0      
12 Feb 2007 11:49 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
12 Feb 2007 11:57 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Janice,

we had the lucky grapes too. Didn't want to come home. Had a go at the avatar from web site you posted. What do you think? Having a go. Is Guadamar between San Pedro and Torreveja? Remember being taken there by Masa once. They took us to a fab restaurant for lunch one day on a Marina up that way (I think) would love to find it again. Any idea? Can't wait to get back over only 6 weeks to go and counting.

Gina

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 12:05 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 12:15 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi

I know where it is now. We are down the bottom end in Santiago de La Ribera just 10 minutes from Murcia airport. It is lovely where you are we couldn't find any properties there when we were looking. This forum is great, there are so many of you with good info.Your place looks lovely.

Gina

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 12:32 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 12:32 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Telefonica installed our phone line in the house on Saturday....it felt like all my birthdays had come at once.  Only been waiting a couple of years for a proper phone line!

So I´m REALLY happy at the moment

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 12:33 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 12:37 AM by patman Star rating in Chester and Los Alca.... 84 posts Send private message

patman´s avatar
Well we bought in Los Alcazares two years ago in March through Casablanca Properties and we may have paid a bit over the odds but when you're a novice... Anyway, they looked after everything for us, from the inspection tour (Which covered Quesada down to La Manga) to the NIE numbers, and after service was also really good. It's called Club Bravo and you pay €100.00 a year and for that you get disounts on furniture packs and white goods etc. and also restaurants and shops plus they arranged for our security grills and air con to be installed on the day we completed. In fact any problems or legal queries and I would just call or email Club Bravo to sort it out. The other major big plus is all the new friends we have met, wonderful people who all look out for each other and keep an eye on the place when we are not there and we just love meeting them each time we go over for our hols which we do not get enough of! The climate; Fantastic! The Mar Menor... Say no more. Can't wait for March to get back. Is that happy enough?

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 12:42 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Have you been to the Dos Mares? That's good and on your way. We had a bad experience with Agura, almost missed our flight, the mini bus was very late, Good job we had already checked in. Have you tried Centauro? You pick up and leave at the airport and if you book on line direct I have found that they are cheaper and you can choose the car you want. Need a big one at Easter for all my furniture shopping woohoo!! Ikea here I come. Can't wait to get my hands on our keys for the first time.

Gina

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Benahavis - 3rd attempt - 3 posts
wasting time - 1 posts
message boards - 11 posts
iznalloz - 16 posts
Deeds who do we put on them? - 14 posts
What's REALLY happening with the Spanish property market? - 4 posts
Is it just me ! - 8 posts
WINTER SNOWSPORTS IN ALMERIA - 2 posts
problems with neighbours - 6 posts
Withdrawal Symptoms - Calling all sufferers - 25 posts
New golf course - 0 posts
Off Plan??? - 29 posts
Intro - 9 posts
las vistas santa maria - 27 posts
Thank u Smiley - 2 posts
COTO REAL DUQUESA - 4 posts
Help - 9 posts
fitness trainer and beauty therapist - 2 posts
Community fees and AEA - 1 posts
residencial olivia hurchillo - 2 posts
Recommendations for transfering money - 20 posts
residential olivia hurchillo - 1 posts
Gordon Bennett sooner we get to Spain, the better. - 0 posts
INTEREALTY back in town - 3 posts
Wanted - Free standing Electric Cooker - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 361

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x