water pressure HELP!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by bev wild Star rating in Balsicas,Murcia. 8 posts Send private message

Hi, Can anyone in the Balsicas area let me know what your water pressure is like at the moment?
We are living on Sierra Golf in Balsicas and ahve been told by masa that our water pressure has been turned down on the site to give more pressure to the Los Alcazares area durin august due to the high demand put on the system by holiday makers!!!
We are now unable to use the washing machine and have no hot water, and just a trickle of cold water coming out of the tap!
I am not sure if masa has turned the pressure down or the water suppliers?
Can anyone help???

Kind regards Bev

Like 0      
13 Aug 2008 8:58 AM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar
Hi Bev,

You will probabley find that no one has turned the water pressure down, when more people use the water supply on a supply network that is probabley to small to start with, and this is normal in Spain, the water pressure will fall and maybe stop all together for consumers towards the end of the pipe.

In the UK, the water companies use lots of pumping stations to supply a near constant pressure, here in Spain the do not and sometimes just rely on gravity. To compound the matter, you have the promoters building these large urbanisations without a care to where the water or power supplies come from or how their customers will cope after.

We live in the campo near Albatera and are supplied from a private source by pipes that are to small and only gravity fed instead of pumped. In the summer and particular in August when the Spanish are on holiday, I have to boost our water pressure by a pump from a large water tank, this works fine out here in the sticks.

I am afraid your water problem may not go away until the weather cools and the Spanish are back to work.

Welcome to life in Spain.

Kev.

Like 0      
13 Aug 2008 11:03 AM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar
Hi Bev

If you look on the Sierra Golf off plan forum, you will see that it appears we are the only site in the area with low water pressure!!

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
13 Aug 2008 12:55 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 795 posts Send private message

Hi we are in costa del sol and last week my son said the last few days the water pressure  has gone low and the new shower head i put on was no good ,but i said it was becouse more people are on holiday using the water bye irene

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Which mortgage sounds better? - 8 posts
Progress of building work - 3 posts
Alcaidesa: do not recommend people to go there.... - 0 posts
Tickets for Volvo Masters Valderamma - 5 posts
Ryanair to launch hand luggage-only flights in October - 0 posts
Re-location - 3 posts
Easyjet at Alicante..............terminal 2 - 6 posts
Telimicro GONE - 212 posts
Spanish/English Wills - 18 posts
New member "SNOW" - 1 posts
Latest photos - 2 posts
Long Let Security against bad tenants - 4 posts
walking groups in costa blanca - 7 posts
Ryanair Debit/Credit Card Charges - 108 posts
Disappeared - 11 posts
More Community Problems - 30 posts
Driving schools near Coín?! - 8 posts
jean oldham - 7 posts
Any advice on this one please? - 105 posts
Oooops.....Pink Combat shorts!!! - 6 posts
A good Abogado in the Manilva area. - 4 posts
Mosa Golf User Rights - 0 posts
Need contact details of state schools in Spain, preferably Costa Blanca!asap???? - 3 posts
Dish Supplier? - 7 posts
Costa del Sol Bus Strike - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x