Latest photos

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Aug 2008 00:00 by Not the boss Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi All

We have a town house in Spain and are thinking of renting it out. I know we need buildings and contents insurance but are wondering about public liability insurance if for instance someone slips on the floor. Does anyone have any advice or experiences over this issue.


Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 12:23 by morerosado Star rating in Guardamar del Segura.... 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Alan, we do not rent our property out but our public liability is 150,000€.

More often than not insurers ask if you're renting out so it could well need to be more if you do.

Where's your property in Spain, I could give you details of some to request info from, maybe.

If you put your location in your profile we can all see it every post & can help with local questions in future.

EDITED TO ADD : I searched your posts & see you said you have a property in Neuvo Portil, Costa de Luz so can't help with companies as I'm a lot further north of you. 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/12/2008.









Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 12:24 by Schofields Star rating. 4 posts Send private message


If you plan on holiday letting, even to friends, third party liability insurance is essential as accidents happen, and if they do you don’t want to be held legally (and financially) responsible for any injury to third parties.

If for instance a holidaymaker falls off a damaged chair or slips on wet tiles and decides to take you to court and sue, you could face a legal battle and the prospect of compensation for loss of earnings. Liability insurance enables you to safeguard yourself from any legal hassles that are associated with renting out your property.

Be aware that some policies have a low liability limit of £100,000 cover, which is insufficient as personal injury claims and court costs can run into the millions. Check if the insurer offers a facility to increase the liability limit. A minimum indemnity limit of £2m is recommended.

Hope this helps.

Schofields holiday home insurance in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Long Let Security against bad tenants - 4 posts
walking groups in costa blanca - 7 posts
Ryanair Debit/Credit Card Charges - 108 posts
Disappeared - 11 posts
More Community Problems - 30 posts
Driving schools near Coín?! - 8 posts
jean oldham - 7 posts
Any advice on this one please? - 105 posts
Oooops.....Pink Combat shorts!!! - 6 posts
A good Abogado in the Manilva area. - 4 posts
Mosa Golf User Rights - 0 posts
Need contact details of state schools in Spain, preferably Costa Blanca!asap???? - 3 posts
Dish Supplier? - 7 posts
Costa del Sol Bus Strike - 3 posts
Padron is a town in La Coruña (Galicia) - 1 posts
6 month rental - 0 posts
Looking for long term let preferably Alicante asap???Can u help??? - 10 posts
How to find electrical work in spain! - 16 posts
ClickFree auto back up 160GB portable multi PC hard drive is TSV on QVC NOW !! One day only. - 7 posts
Swimming Pool Construction - 1 posts
Swimming pool and other community issues - 19 posts
Bank Accounts - 4 posts
Conservatory or extention in Spain - 20 posts
shani - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x