ClickFree auto back up 160GB portable multi PC hard drive is TSV on QVC NOW !! One day only.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
ClickFree auto back up 160GB portable multi PC hard drive

Above is the link to it on QVC.....

We have just bought one of these from http://www.qvcuk.com/ . We bought through https://www.quidco.com/  too & got 5% off too.  Or ring 0800 50 40 30 (from UK)

Item no. 559949  £79.92 in 2 payments (plus £4.95 P&P)

See this live today at 1pm, 4pm, 7pm & 10pm 

Don't take the risk of losing precious data from your PC - back it up on this 160GB external hard drive.

Hassle-free back-up

Your collection of photos, music and films can take years to build up. To avoid losing them if your PC's hard drive packs up, simply plug the ClickFree portable hard drive into your PC via the USB cable. Then make yourself a cup of tea and sit back while the device automatically finds and saves your data for you. What could be easier?

160GB memory

There's room to store all your favourite memories and important office files on the ClickFree hard drive. You can transfer up to 70,000 pictures, 35,000 songs, or 160 hours of video! It's also easy to share your entertainment with friends, or take documents and presentations to work as the hard drive is portable - just pop it in your bag.

Use the ClickFree hard drive on up to 10 computers

If you've got a couple of computers at home, or perhaps need to back up data from friends' PCs, then the ClickFree can do the job quickly and easily. You've got the option of storing data from up to 10 different computers. If your PC's hard drive does fail, it's easy to restore information onto another computer - ensuring you never lose a thing.

Technical specifications:

160GB hard drive,
Integrated ClickFree Backup software
Approximate measurements: 115mm x 17mm x 76mm (4.52" x 0.67" x 2.99")
Weight: 180g
System requirements: Microsoft Windows Vista, XP or Windows 2000. Available USB port. Available USB port.

What's in the box:

160GB hard drive
USB 2.0 interface cable
Quick start guide

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/10/2008.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/10/2008.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2008 9:00 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar
Hi All;
Just in case you miss the offer or are in Spain...
Carrefour, Mediamarkt and Alcampo offer items which are more impressive and cheaper I'm afraid...
We have just bought a 500Gb external harddrive from Alcampo, at a cost of 84 Euros...
No hassle installing, no software to instal, the unit is plug and play.
The leads for power and data transfer (USB 2) are supplied with the unit.
Just for info and to answer a question which may crop up, the unit we bought is backward compatible with  USB 1, but data transfer is slower than with USB-2.
fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
10 Aug 2008 10:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Foxbat, my OH says this one from QVC automatically backs up all files on the PC (without you touching your keyboard) in a couple of minutes & next time you plug it in, it only backs up any modified files & new files. He hasn't seen anything like it before, totally ingenious. He says it's not like what you are telling us about. QVC have not only sold out of the days stock, they've sold out of advance orders too. I must admit it was wonderful to see it being demonstrated.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2008 10:59 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar
Morerosado Hi,

Sorry I misunderstood and I cant access QVC to see the demo.
Seems pretty damn good to me!
As an automatic back up it sounds ideal.

So basically if I create say, a new pictures file from my digi camera and load it onto the normal internal hard drive, it is simultaneously and automatically copied onto the external unit.

Presumably if you accidentally (or deliberately) delete a file from the internal hard drive it will leave the copy on the external unit or does it delete the copy as well?

But if you delete from the external unit only, to free up some space, the next time you switch it on it will recopy the original, because it will see it as a new file.

I think I much prefer to have control over both hard drives in terms of their content.

Just playing devils advocate here...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
10 Aug 2008 11:23 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Foxbat

Click this >>> QVC  then click on "QVC video centre" on the left at bottom of list, then (new page) click on Todays Special Value with "watch" on it.

EDITED TO SAY : After midnight now so video not on.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/11/2008.

Like 0      
13 Aug 2008 10:24 AM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar
This is a bargain

1TB Samsung SATA2 7200RPM 32MB cache 1000GB - HD103UJ
save £7.05
£64.95
£76.32 inc VAT

Quiet, Fast, Huge and Reliable - everything you need from a Hard Drive - only from Samsung - and at ... more

Like 0      
17 Feb 2010 12:41 PM by Squillari Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Yesterday while watching movie on my PC it appeared as black on the screen and stopped working. After restarting the PC it was not responding as the BIOS was unable to recognize the hard disk. It creates an unusual sound while BIOS searches drives.

1. I tried by booting the PC using another hard disk but this HD does not appear in the windows.
2. I also tried to boot using Ubuntu live CD but failed to find my HD on it.

As it is not recognized by BIOS, I can't use data recovery software to recover the data. I'm badly in need of all data in it.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2010 2:03 PM by patman Star rating in Chester and Los Alca.... 84 posts Send private message

patman´s avatar

Did you change the jumpers on your second hard drive to make it a master drive rather than a slave?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Swimming Pool Construction - 1 posts
Swimming pool and other community issues - 19 posts
Bank Accounts - 4 posts
Conservatory or extention in Spain - 20 posts
shani - 4 posts
Would like to introduce ourselves. - 2 posts
Accessing Banco Halifax Online. - 15 posts
The north... - 2 posts
Health & Safety in Spain - 0 posts
Roadside Assistance - 2 posts
Health and Safety - 9 posts
Hand luggage prob not just terminal 5 - 1 posts
Ryanair cancelling flights not booked through their website - 28 posts
gabriella - 0 posts
Cement Mixer for sale - 0 posts
apartment fire and precautions - 13 posts
La Perla de la Bahia, Casares - 2 posts
Credit Crunch Part Deux One Year On - 3 posts
Promotors Are Cancelling Building Licences - 0 posts
Madrid regional government moves against airlines charging for luggage - 0 posts
Animals Needing Homes - 11 posts
NB; JET 2 & RYANAIR FLIGHTS OUT OF SAN JAVIER (MURCIA, CB) - 10 posts
local wines - 1 posts
Baby Car Seat Hire - Recommendations Please - 7 posts
Majestic Hills in Bahia de Casares - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x