HALL OF SHAME

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Aug 2008 10:11 AM by Robert H Star rating in Marbella. 63 posts Send private message

The Spanish law cannot prevent a sales person pushing clients into multiple off plan purchases they cannot afford. Those are legal contracts signed by both parties as far as the law is concerned. What the Spanish law could prevent much more is illegal built properties offered on the market. Town halls have too much power in giving out licenses they should not give, but any young democracy has its teething problems. After all, most of us still remember Spain being an isolated dictatorship. The rapid decentralisation of power after 1975 has created a few holes in the system, and the Estapa, Malaya, etc etc cases are examples of the results, and having said that, the Sevilla government has been very slack in following up on obvious signs of abuse during the Gil days. But, coming back to sales, one sales person once told me after being asked if he wasn't worried about what he did, that his clients couldn't afford to fly to Spain to cause him grief anyway.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 10:30 AM by Just Dan Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi
Read the reply and still go with Brainless.
Yet another that gets in EXPERTISE reading the news papers and telling how stupid everyone is.
Another with in reality little comprehension that there are many hundreds if not thousands that followed the rules by the book and still have their dreams shattered.

HELP,ADVISE, HAVE YOUR POINTS OF VEIW.AS YOU SAY THATS WHAT THE FORUMS ARE THERE FOR , HOWEVER INSULTING PEOPLE OR GOING ABOUT SUGGESTING THAT THEY HAVE A HENCHMAN AS AN ANSWER IS PLAIN BRAINLESS

At the end of the day we all dont have to agree with each others points of views,you know doupt feel the your approach is correct and I love people saying at it is.
Dont have to agree my respnce and feel we will have to respect each others views on this matter.

Just Dan

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 12:57 PM by Robert H Star rating in Marbella. 63 posts Send private message

Hi Dan,

Trust is not stupid. When you come over to another country to buy a home, you have to trust someone to go through with it. The point is that in the thousands of cases of shattered dreams, the trust was abused. In almost all cases by fellow countrymen now totally dissapeared from the face of the planet. These people where specially trained to instill greed and urgency into their clients, by promising unrealistic returns and that their choice of property would be gone tomorrow. Often, a salesperson would be called by a mate in front of the client expressing an urgent need to view the exact same property. Some companies, especially one known for suits and ties and beemers, actually aggressively push salespeople to sell multiples. None of these practices are ethical, but are a grey area as far as the law is concerned. Nor is it Spains fault. I also know of a selection of foreign owned companies where these practices are totally forbidden. To sum up, the damage has been done to a lot of unsuspecting victims, but they cannot be blamed for trusting someone. I sincerely hope that potential buyers read these posts before they come over and are prepared.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 1:17 PM by Just Dan Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi Robert .H

Think that somes it up very well and still feel with the right advice and guidance its a great place to have a home or holiday home,even a longer term investment
( Well many areas anyway )

Totally agree everything you say and lets hope that our postings on the pitfalls are read by many to avoid future buyers being classed as idiots.
Think that many would have wished they had done things different without having it rammed down their throats by many that have set on the fence and get their expert opinions from newspapers and hearsay.
As Headless points out everyone should be entitiled to their veiws and veiwers can hopefully be a little more informed in the future.

Just Dan

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 2:40 PM by Robert H Star rating in Marbella. 63 posts Send private message

No doubt that this is one of the very best places for Europeans to have a pad, either for retirement, holidays, and indeed long term investment. In the last thirty years, I have seen property value go up ten fold, across the board, on the CDS. That includes the crises in the early eighties and early nineties. So I sincerely hope that this crisis will wipe the greedy con artists off the Spanish map and that proper professionals will be able to do their jobs in helping clients to get what they want without creating all sorts of nightmares for them.

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 2:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 11:20 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

More!
I'm glad you've popped in to lighten things, in your usual manner. That was why I made a post a few days ago, when I saw the frustration.
You seem fortunate that you have what you want. There are many others that don't. I no longer have anger, I just want recompense and/or revenge. 
I think there are still loads out there who are just coming to terms with the scale of things, and how much money they have wasted. There is so little information out there that nobody can find out what the latest is on their unlikely development, and what the possible options are (if any). Sometimes it is easier just to vent anger, even at the wrong people. Who else can we have a go at, nobody is listening!. 
I don't believe any of the subscribers hold any malice to other members, as the more recent postings show. We are all just totally beaten and frustrated by the lack of any progress.
Dave

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 11:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Dave

Sometimes it is easier just to vent anger, even at the wrong people.

My OH always knows when I've had a frustrating day (& often night) on EOS. He says something (anything ) & I FLY off the handle. I sense the frustrations, I really do but there's been too many snipes & I don't like seeing it. I've just re-read your posts & I don't mean you !

Like 0      
08 Aug 2008 12:39 PM by Just Dan Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Well put the last 2 posters

On any forums or areas where people have opinions there will always be an area where banter can turn to snipes.

In an area where emails can be so impersonal they can be taken in the wrong context which can cause offence which was not intended.

1 Mixed with this we have lives of people that simply have be ruined through little fault only that they may have been to trusting and all they want is answers.

2There are those that simply cant accept that they were rather irresponsible and indeed greedy in their actions and choose to blame everyone but themselves.

3 There are those that their personal circumstances have changed, the downturn in the markets and indeed the corruption they find themselves trapped in unfinished properties or finished properties that they cant sell for numerous reasons.ARE THEY BITTER ? OF COURSE THEY ARE.

4 Sadly like it or not there are a number that sit on fences and have some taste for feeding of the misery of others however sad that may seem.

5 We then have the ones that out of pure revenge want to have a go at Developers,Solicitors,Estate Agents,The Legal System and in many cases who can blame them and who can argue with that as the trusted them all including the worthless Bank Guarantees.

6 Finally you have a group that love Spain and detest everything that’s happened and give there time freely to try to help those with problems, try to get changes in the system in that lovely country to avoid further misery for so many in the future .(thankfully this I feel is the majority)
7 You have a majority group that love Spain and are very happy to have bought property there

That’s 7 Groups and there are many more so any of them posts then its impossible to get agreement of the other 6

The important thing is have your say and move on and if you have unintentionally upset someone then apologise and move on.

If you have been rude intentionally and you get the same back then tough S-IT
( just for the ones that think I was getting a little soft)

Just Dan

This message was last edited by Just Dan on 8/8/2008.

This message was last edited by Just Dan on 8/8/2008.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2008 1:45 PM by Aelred the Ready Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Aelred the Ready´s avatar
WELL SAID DAN

Like 0      
08 Aug 2008 2:32 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Ditto here too Dan
I think the problem is that it's so easy for others to say it NOW after more information is coming through from forums such as this and newspapers etc. etc. Yes we all know a lot more NOW! I certainly have learned a lot through reading lots of heartbreaking stories and I feel for all these people who are going through a living hell.
But what others are forgetting is that a lot of the tragedy projects/purchases were actually started a lot of years before the media got to hear about it.

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 8/8/2008.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2008 2:38 AM by Dh123 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hi guys

Ive spoken to a very Top Uk Commercial lawyer who advised me that it is the dutiful function of any Estate Agent to defend and protect the interests of all of its buyers. He stressed that he is fully aware that are there are differences between Common law and this Roman law in Spain, however Common law would prevail over a law in Spain that is useless, idiotic, and extremely pathetic and highly incompetent. Because I will not get a fair hearing ever in Spain and it is unlikely that I will ever get my monies back in a pathetic  judicial system and on these very grounds we have initiated as of today legal proceedings in the UK courts against an Agent in the UK who represents this Estate Agent that are based in Spain. It is very clear even from the outset that my Estate Agent failed miserably to protect my interests and allowed sums of monies to be transfered over to a builder without ever even having any building license to build on the land in question- this was indeed a HIGHLY NEGLIGENT move.

Dave

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Could it be the sensible option to take possession of your new build home? - 3 posts
Electric pylon hanging over my off plan dream - 8 posts
solicitor - 0 posts
Schools in La Cala (Mijas Costa) - 1 posts
Quote for removals, is it OK? - 10 posts
Brand new electric fans for sale - Pedestal or desktop - excellent prices - 0 posts
Hello from essex-for now - 2 posts
Short/long term rental in Marbella - 1 posts
Short/long term rental in Marbella - 0 posts
Missing MRI - 4 posts
Erasmusplus Spanish courses in Spain with grants! - 1 posts
Notification of AGM - 2 posts
The Spanish Housing Market: A contrarian point of view. - 8 posts
BA and Iberia in talks on merger - 0 posts
Car Tax - 3 posts
A great achievement for More, 5000 posts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 19 posts
Fiesta info - 7 posts
non resident bank account - 173 posts
300th Post! - 1 posts
Avoiding a capital gain - one for legal eagles and tax experts ! - 0 posts
can we submit the Tax form 214 ourselves? - 29 posts
Help – property management/key holding La Torre - 6 posts
mike/karalyn - 0 posts
Bomb exploded this morning in Torremolinos, please will our Roberto check in ! - 3 posts
Generator for sale Mojacar Vera Almeria area - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 52

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x