Avoiding a capital gain - one for legal eagles and tax experts !

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by bowledforaduck Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

A friend and I jointly bought a property on the Costa del Sol over 25 years ago - in 1982 I think.  Accordingly the escritura is in two names and since that time, we and our families have used it as a holiday home. We have decided that to avoid any hassle should one of us suddenly die, one of us should buy the other out. 

Rather than one partner actually purchase a half share from the other, it strikes me that it might be beneficial for the escritura to be altered by documented mutual agreement so that the property is held in the name of the one partner only, aquired in 1982, with any financial consideration for  the half share being sorted out privately and seperately.

Can this be done, and am I correct in thinking such a method would be beneficial for tax purposes........or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

can we submit the Tax form 214 ourselves? - 29 posts
Help – property management/key holding La Torre - 6 posts
mike/karalyn - 0 posts
Bomb exploded this morning in Torremolinos, please will our Roberto check in ! - 3 posts
Generator for sale Mojacar Vera Almeria area - 0 posts
Hello - 5 posts
Spanish company checks - 0 posts
Generator for sale ( Mojacar Almeria area ) - 0 posts
Information, please? - 4 posts
Martinsa-Fadesa - 1 posts
lights - 4 posts
Tonight with Trevor Macdonald - 11 posts
Marbella Occupancy Licences - 0 posts
Beginners on Renting!! - 1 posts
Screwed by a Brit - 64 posts
A new beginning (here's hoping !) - 2 posts
Which Removal Company? - 4 posts
Hoax Virus E-Mail Message - 3 posts
Shocking news: My hometown's Grand Pier burnt down earlier today. - 16 posts
Correct Spanish Address. - 7 posts
hello - 0 posts
If I cant sell - can I walk away without Spainsh bank coming after me in UK? - 7 posts
move to spain - 1 posts
When can you activate a BG? - 9 posts
Sailing Fees and Licenses for Sea and Fresh Water - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x