Could it be the sensible option to take possession of your new build home?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by lapalma Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

With the much reported failure of developers/builders of all sizes could there be a scenario whereby if my house is  finished  , although  yet it may not have the cedula  de habitabilidad - but previous phases have it - that I sign the escritura. At least, should the developer find itself in trouble , I secure my property and therefore preclude previous payments made from ending up in the administrator´s coffers for distribution to others; no return of money and no house!
Whay do you think?

Like 0      
31 Jul 2008 4:00 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

hi with out a licence you will not get your services  elect/and water  bye irene

Like 0      
31 Jul 2008 7:06 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Lapalma the short answer is yes it, it secures your money in your asset and not someone elses. As the other phases have got there habitation certificates it  will be a safer bet than relying on system th help.Regards Pat. 

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 11:49 AM by lapalma Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

irenemontague

all relevent licences are in place,  obra final, seguro decenal, etc... only the cedula remains o/s. It is currently taking the council an average of a  year to issue these and as all housing, garden areas, roads and pavements etc are pristine I feel that the cedula will be issued and therefore I will take possession - under these circumstances I prefer to have the house.

regards

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Electric pylon hanging over my off plan dream - 8 posts
solicitor - 0 posts
Schools in La Cala (Mijas Costa) - 1 posts
Quote for removals, is it OK? - 10 posts
Brand new electric fans for sale - Pedestal or desktop - excellent prices - 0 posts
Hello from essex-for now - 2 posts
Short/long term rental in Marbella - 1 posts
Short/long term rental in Marbella - 0 posts
Missing MRI - 4 posts
Erasmusplus Spanish courses in Spain with grants! - 1 posts
Notification of AGM - 2 posts
The Spanish Housing Market: A contrarian point of view. - 8 posts
BA and Iberia in talks on merger - 0 posts
Car Tax - 3 posts
A great achievement for More, 5000 posts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 19 posts
Fiesta info - 7 posts
non resident bank account - 173 posts
300th Post! - 1 posts
Avoiding a capital gain - one for legal eagles and tax experts ! - 0 posts
can we submit the Tax form 214 ourselves? - 29 posts
Help – property management/key holding La Torre - 6 posts
mike/karalyn - 0 posts
Bomb exploded this morning in Torremolinos, please will our Roberto check in ! - 3 posts
Generator for sale Mojacar Vera Almeria area - 0 posts
Hello - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x