Selling in the UK

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar
Well folks, for better or for worse, we've taken the plunge today and our UK house is on the market. As soon as it's sold, we're off to Formentera del Segura for good. 

Will we be reading this message in 6 months time, still without a buyer? Watch this space folks and keep your fingers crossed 'cos I'm sick of working!!!!

Irene & Alan

Like 0      
24 Jul 2008 8:52 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well good luck Irene and Alan,  hope all goes well I would think property in Windsor would sell even in the present climate, but I could be wrong.   but I do not  think so.   Well please keep us informed.    Pat 

Like 0      
24 Jul 2008 9:52 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Irene & Alan

Like 0      
24 Jul 2008 10:19 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
Good luck guys, hopefully we wont be far behind you. 

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
24 Jul 2008 10:23 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar
Thanks More and Pat. 

The agent tells us that property in Windsor is selling, but agents would tell us that wouldn't they!

They've already got people lined up to look at it. We're off to Spain for a couple of weeks starting 29th, and it would be a dream come true to get a call saying we've got a buyer, but I am a bit more of a realist (or perhaps a pessimist) and don't really believe this.

We shall see.

We've spent countless hours refitting the kitchen, bathrooms, painting, tiling, plumbing, de-cluttering, car-booting, hiding stuff in cupboards, under beds, in boxes in the garage until no hiding place is empty; the house looks the best it's ever looked. Isn't that strange that the last house we sold was pristine only when we were ready to sell?

You can bet your life I'll set off fireworks on EOS when we sell.

g'night ladies
Irene

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 11:38 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
The very best of luck with your sale, I certainly know how nail biting it is - waiting for that 1 call that lets you know your new life is about to start, keep on at your agent - now is the time to make them earn their commission.

Hopefully you'll be looking back in 6 months time - from Espana!

Jacqui

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 11:47 AM by HiSpain Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

HiSpain´s avatar
All the very best!!

Fortune favours the brave

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 1:08 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar
My very best wishes to you both for a speedy sale of your home in Windsor and a wonderful new life in Spain!

Julia

Like 0      
28 Jul 2008 4:11 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
Good luck.
Our house has been on the market for 8 months and we are now considering letting it out for a year or so until people start buying again in this area.
I really hope your area is better.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
28 Jul 2008 7:38 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar
We had our first viewing today. No feedback yet, but it's a good start!

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes and mine to you Laury. We've been told that we could rent for about £1,400 a month, but don't really want to do that because we've just done this blinkin house from top to bottom and couldn't face doing it again after a mucky tenant!

Anyway, we're in the hands of the gods (alias estate agents)!

Irene

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 8:54 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

All the best and enjoy the way !

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 8:54 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

All the best and enjoy the way !

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 2:46 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
£1400 a month rent !!  Blimey , must be Lizzie and Phil in diguise

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2008 10:39 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar
Looks like we've been sussed! 

Just back from 10 days in Spain and loved every minute. We met yet more friendly people and really can't wait to get out there permanently.

We'll be catching up with the house agent tomorrow to see what we need to do to sell in UK!

Irene & Alan

Like 0      
10 Aug 2008 11:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Good luck Irene & Alan.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hayley - 7 posts
Clubs with pool in Barcelona? - 2 posts
Bank reposessions - 2 posts
Email and letters - 4 posts
Short Terms Rentals in Costa Del Sol - 15 posts
how do you chat or reply to messages you read - 1 posts
http://www.costa-action.co.uk/ - 1 posts
Conflict in the Community - 46 posts
Change your UK bank to Alliance & Leicester Premier current a/c, get £100 & free annual European travel insurance. - 0 posts
£19 Travelodge rooms in the UK ALSO 10€ Travelodge rooms IN SPAIN, check it out ! - 0 posts
Buying a spanish car - 5 posts
Jack Russell breeders in Spain - 2 posts
Hello new on here - 3 posts
Castilla la Mancha - 37 posts
Lawyer sought for Aguilas area - 2 posts
am i Nuts (want to buy) in Spain ? - 20 posts
Spanish post office any good? - 0 posts
Property Sharing - 0 posts
Anyone there from Ciudad Quesada?? - 4 posts
Do you live near Murcia / Alicante? Have a Spanish student stay & see the benefits, read thread - 3 posts
Hi, from Andy and Donna... - 6 posts
Left hand Drive Car Wanted... - 2 posts
EOS Property Selling Page - 3 posts
Petrol station near Alicante airport - 4 posts
AVG E-mail Scanner program - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x