Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by Madgolfer80 Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Madgolfer80´s avatar
Hi all

I have recently complated an apartment in Benalmadena - as an investment. I'm facing the decision to go short term or long term. Long term will leave a shortfall in my mortgage payments - as well as not being able to use it myself.

In general what is the state of the short term rentals market - I've heard the euro and change in UK school holidays has had a very negative impact ?

Is it reasonable to expect short term rentals to cover a mortgage + other costs ?
If so does this depend on actively marketing it yourself ?

Anybody got any companies they recomment to market & manage the property ?

Like 0      
04 Aug 2008 2:07 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Hi MAdgolfer - congrats on completion of your property.

Re the rental scene, its not that good. You can try both and this will depend on your property type, location and standard or furniture with regards to long term, location is viatal for short term

I do know an excellent agency who mainly deal in short term and are pretty much fully booked for this summer so they must be doing something right!

I will pm you with the details

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
04 Aug 2008 3:34 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi madgolfer80 i have been going to benalmadena for 20 + years where is your apt we have just bought  in cavajal not far from you bye irene

Like 0      
04 Aug 2008 4:47 PM by Madgolfer80 Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Madgolfer80´s avatar

Hi Irene

Its in Arenal Golf whichh is near Tivoli World on one side & Toreqabrada Golf course on the other.

Its about 8 miny=utes drive to sea in one direction & 5 minutes to Benalmadena Pueblo in the other direction.

Best Regards

Madgolfer

Like 0      
04 Aug 2008 6:58 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi we nearly bought there as we know  that area, nice apts to what phase are you in near the show apt or not.They told me there was going to be a p/hospital built by there has that been built yet it was about 2 years ago when we looked there.Was the finish as good as the show apt.Do you now the area where we are in carvajal bye for now irene

Like 0      
04 Aug 2008 10:43 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Madgolfer: I would advise you to submitt the contract to arbitration ( no Courts) and hire an Insurance for unpaid rents.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 10:43 AM by Madgolfer80 Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Madgolfer80´s avatar
Hi Irene

The finish is very good. We are very happy with the quality of the apartment, golf course, appliances and the furniture pack.

The main problem was the delay in completion. Some blocks and the club house are still not completed.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2008 1:56 PM by snow Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hey guys! I recently got back from Lloret del Mar, but I didnt go for a hotel, rather me and my partner rented an apartment right on the beach front! We went through a company called Holistay, you can check their website here: http://www.holistay.com/spain/ Its got a good selection, and you defo get your moneys worth!

If you are sure you want a hotel I would try these sites: http://www.booking.com/city/es/madrid.en.html and http://www.splendia.com/en/madrid-hotels.html I have used them both before and would reccommend them to anyone hoping to go to the Costa del Sol!

Hope that helps! If u have any questions please ask! x

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 9:36 PM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

Hi there,

My apartment is just outside Puerto Banus and I use Holiday Rentals who have provided 12 weeks this year more than the other two companies I am with.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2008 6:42 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
For your peace of mind when renting ( I will never be tired of repeating:

"submitt the contract to arbitration ( no Courts) and hire an Insurance for unpaid rents"

Best,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Sep 2008 2:57 PM by Bellarina Star rating in Oxford. 31 posts Send private message

From what other users of this forum have told me, the short-term rental situation seems to be holding its own at the moment - for more info have a look at the "Current Situation" thread in this section.

Good luck with your lettings venture!

Like 0      
03 Oct 2008 9:43 AM by anyname Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello, All. I am new to this site and would appreciate some help, pls. I am considering buying one of the discounted units (140,000K) and am trying to find out how much of the mortgage can be taken care of by rent. Any ideas how many weeks a month and how many months a yr one can rent those units? Are there management agents anyone knows about? Is there much demand for units or is there a glut of units? thanks.

Like 0      
03 Oct 2008 12:05 PM by Bellarina Star rating in Oxford. 31 posts Send private message

Hi,

You don't say whereabouts you're buying....

Like 0      
03 Oct 2008 8:41 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Rachael
Nice to hear from you again. Do you get much call for short term in Costa Calida coastal area?10 mins walk from the beach (5 if you run LOL!) Would be interested to know what the demand is nowadays.

Like 0      
06 Oct 2008 2:20 PM by Bellarina Star rating in Oxford. 31 posts Send private message

Hi Gina,

Hope you're well. Are you considering letting your property out? The San Javier Mar Menor area (under which Santiago de la Ribera falls on our system) continues to attract enquiries - Spain is still our top performer, despite the financial woes of today. People just won't go without their holiday, and I'm sure the weather here reinforces that sentiment!

Hope that's of some use, but let me know if you have any other questions!

Like 0      
07 Oct 2008 7:17 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Arbitration clause and Insurance for default of rental paymnets= succesful rental story, happy end and .... beginning.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

how do you chat or reply to messages you read - 1 posts
http://www.costa-action.co.uk/ - 1 posts
Conflict in the Community - 46 posts
Change your UK bank to Alliance & Leicester Premier current a/c, get £100 & free annual European travel insurance. - 0 posts
£19 Travelodge rooms in the UK ALSO 10€ Travelodge rooms IN SPAIN, check it out ! - 0 posts
Buying a spanish car - 5 posts
Jack Russell breeders in Spain - 2 posts
Hello new on here - 3 posts
Castilla la Mancha - 37 posts
Lawyer sought for Aguilas area - 2 posts
am i Nuts (want to buy) in Spain ? - 20 posts
Spanish post office any good? - 0 posts
Property Sharing - 0 posts
Anyone there from Ciudad Quesada?? - 4 posts
Do you live near Murcia / Alicante? Have a Spanish student stay & see the benefits, read thread - 3 posts
Hi, from Andy and Donna... - 6 posts
Left hand Drive Car Wanted... - 2 posts
EOS Property Selling Page - 3 posts
Petrol station near Alicante airport - 4 posts
AVG E-mail Scanner program - 5 posts
Anyone use Digg or Stumbleupon? - 2 posts
A HAPPY THREAD - NO DOOM, GLOOM OR CREDIT CRUNCH MENTIONED! - 172 posts
Paying a Spanish Fine in England - 2 posts
retiring to jar de cope - 4 posts
Acquiring a mortgage. - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x