HODS. It's Official!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Now that I've got your attention (picks up trousers)

In my: Humble Observations of Driving in Spain, are we any better?

The Spanish Drive:

1) Like Grand Prix drivers

2) As if they are immune to damage

3) In the belief that the law doesn’t apply to them

4) Feeling that Colin McRae needs to take lessons from the way they change lanes or indeed enter onto/off  an AutoPista, leave alone drive along the N-340.

5) That if indeed they need to indicate, then they ARE pulling out there and then

6) And flash there lights to say 'stay put you @rsehole, I'm a coming through'. They definitely do not mean ‘Hiya! Please pull out in front of me because I’m a considerate driver’ as we do in the UK

Translation

1) You need to be a very confident driver and be happy to drive a 'left hand' drive Vehicle to even try to fit in.

2) Drive both defensively and aggressive/passive at the same time.

3) Brush up on driving in EU countries, it's not that different, but you will be surprised at local by-laws. Make sure you are covered to drive abroad

4) Learn to use your mirrors! All of them and use them all the time!! We don't stress this enough in the UK, but NEVER take your eye of your mirrors when you need to manoeuvre or when they do, especially joining/leaving an AutoPista.

5) Never forget to indicate! In the UK we indicate that we are Indicating to pull out/lane change. They don't 99.8% of the time but when they do, they do there and then.

6) Do as I do. Become part of the hated 'Middle Lane Owners club' and you will survive - As you never need to flash your lights, indicate and/or avoid the 'Right lane takes you off' syndrome.

You just need to constantly observe, react and rectify your driving in order to fit in. Most people do. Interesting though, I've been paid a compliment - Everyone seems to say I drive like a local. Hang on! That's not a compliment - or is it!?!?

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
07 Feb 2007 7:52 AM by samson Star rating in Solihull/Benalmadena. 125 posts Send private message

Ive always said its the only thing they do in a hurry!

Like 0      
07 Feb 2007 9:47 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yes - the young uns drive their cars in the same manner they do their scooters (from the age of 14) The scooter tests are theory only so when my children wanted to learn I asked about a driving school where in the comfort of private grounds, they could practise under supervision.

Result - I got laughed at by the teacher.

They have no such thing. So now you know why they drive so badly!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

RECOMMENDED PLACES TO EAT ON THE COSTA BLANCA - 1 posts
Neighbourhood watch in Spain - 1 posts
Good Restaurant Guide - 6 posts
Insurance for heart attack travellers .. help !!! - 2 posts
Ryanair flights booked Tue 06th Feb - Thu 08th Feb - 0 posts
Los Tulipanes - Palomares Village - 0 posts
Speeding Fine - 25 posts
A MUST READ!! - 21 posts
Dental Care - 25 posts
A sad state of affairs - 12 posts
Deposit Refund - 1 posts
Lynx Dishwasher - Brand New (unwanted item in builders' furniture pack) - 6 posts
Thank you Jeansis - 3 posts
Doing my sums. - 3 posts
Things to do - 1 posts
furniture stores - 6 posts
Lectures about Local Taxes in Spain - 1 posts
El Raso urbanisation. 5 mins drive from Guardamar, Costa Blanca. - 2 posts
Princess park - 4 posts
Bob, in here a mo. - 1 posts
Ladies Hockey and Childrens Rugby - 1 posts
Grupo Mirador Builders - 1 posts
THE RAIN IN SPAIN FALLS MAINLY EVERYWHERE - 16 posts
Satellite Navigation - 5 posts
Freeview Digital Tuners - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x